手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第三季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第三季(MP3+中英字幕) 第23集 调查群峰死亡案

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Can you read that all right, Hugo?

你能看清那个吗,雨果
You need glasses?
需要眼镜吗
It's an ad, I guess.
我猜这是则广告吧
Like, an online classified ad.
像是网上分类广告
You don't need to guess-- you placed it.
你不用猜,就是你发布的
IP address says it came from the library
IP地址说明它是在你的公寓附近的
down the block from your apartment.
图书馆发出来的
"Free spirits with dance moves.
招募会跳舞的自由灵魂
Make a memory and 50 bucks."
制造美好记忆并赚五十块
You sent Raggedy Andy masks like this one
你给应征的每个人都寄了一个
to everyone who responded.
这样的邋遢安迪面具
They thought they were gonna be in a flash mob viral video.
他们以为自己会参与一段快闪视频
When in fact they were participants
结果他们却参与了
in a human shell game.
一场骗局
Your unwitting accomplices provided cover,
那些不知情的人为你提供了掩护
while you stabbed your boss
让你在光天化日之下
in broad daylight.
捅死了你的老板
You then fled
然后你混在
amongst the dispersing Andys.
四散的邋遢安迪中逃走了
Nobody here thinks much of your scheme,
我们都不觉得你的计划有多高明
but your masks, they're impressive.
但你的面具,真是太棒了
How long did it take you to make 'em, Hugo?
你做它们花了多长时间,雨果
You think I can sew?
你觉得我会缝纫吗
Well enough that it gave you away.
技术不错以至于它出卖了你
Half the masks we recovered bore these
我们收集的一半面具
irregular stitches, here-- but only half.
这里都有不规则的针脚,但只有一半
These defects bothered
这些瑕疵让你
you enough to seek out a replacement bobbin
不得不给你的古董缝纫机
for your antique machine.
更换卷线筒
You bought two at the Stitch-rite
你在制衣区的缝纫用品店
down in the Garment District.
买了两个卷线筒
It's on tape. Go ahead, then,
你被录下来了,好啊
lock me up-I got some bobbins.
把我关起来,我就是买了两个卷线筒
And...
还有...
...A KA-BAR military knife.
一把卡巴军刀
We recovered that from the furnace
我们在你母亲家的火炉里
at your mother's house.
找到了它
The leather handle and the blood evidence
皮把手和血迹证据
have burned away, but the serrated edge
被烧掉了,但刀刃的锯齿边缘
may as well as signed your name on your victim's ribs.
跟受害者的肋骨伤痕完全吻合
You want to give us your confession,
你想供认犯罪事实
help us help you, now would be a good time.
帮我们也帮自己的话,现在是最佳时机
Pat.
派特
No one told me you were here.
没人告诉我你来了
Heard you were in the box, so I said
听说你在审犯人,我就想
I'd make myself at home.
拿我就自便了
Close the door, would you?
把门关上吧
What brings you down?
什么风把你吹来了
Nothing bad.
不是坏事
Is it something good?
那是什么好事吗
'Cause, uh...
因为...
that's some top-shelf scotch. I may not look
这可是瓶上好的威士忌,我看起来
like a fairy godmother, Tommy,
也许不像是仙女教母,汤米
but... looks can be deceiving.
但外表是可以骗人的
You and I are gonna have a chat
我们要谈谈
about the future of this unit.
这个部门的未来了
I heard you found 12 mites per hundred up at Hyde Park.
我听说你在海德公园发现12%的蜜蜂有螨虫
Most of their hives won't make it.
大部分蜂巢都挺不过去了
I've been doing fieldwork for the USDA for 15 years--
我在美国农业部干了十五年外勤
I've never seen Colony Collapse numbers this bad.
从没见过这么严重的蜂群崩坏症候群
I've got friends in California
我在加州的朋友说
say they're gonna lose 20%, 25%.
他们会损失20%到25%的蜜蜂
The winter was so cold that folks up here
冬天这么冷,这里的人
are gonna lose twice that.
会损失两倍
Yeah.
没错
What do you think it is?
你觉得是什么原因
Pesticides? Mites? What?
杀虫剂,螨虫,还是什么
You know, I don't know.
我也不知道啊
But we're gonna get to the bottom of it.
但我们会弄清楚的
Everett!
埃弗雷特
What the hell have you done to my bees!
你把我的蜜蜂都怎么了
Oh, my God!
我的天呐
No, sir.
不,长官
Uh, understood.
明白
I will, sir.
我会的,长官
If you guys work for the USDA, why didn't you just say so?
如果你们是农业部的人,为什么不早说
We don't. My partner's on a beekeeping message board
我们不是,我的搭档跟农业部的几个研究员
with a few of their researchers.
在一个养蜂留言板聊起来
They asked us to come and have a look,
他们让我们来看看
since it's one of their colleagues that died.
因为他们的一个同事死了
Guess I should apologize for the misunderstanding.
我想我应该为误会你们而道歉
Oh, that's quite all right, Officer.
没关系,警官
It was very rude of me
我如此唐突地
to save your life in such a brusque fashion.
救了你的命实在是太无理了
I'm not sure you saved my life.
我不确定你救了我的命
Yanked evidence out of my hand is more like it.
更像是从我手里把证据抢走了
If he hadn't, you'd be suffering arrhythmia by now.
如果他不这么做,你现在就会心律不齐了
If you kept smelling that egg carton, it would've killed you.
如果你再闻那个鸡蛋包装盒,你会没命的
Now, you said you could tell that thing
你说你能从气味闻出来
was soaked in cyanide by the scent?
那东西在氰化物里浸泡过
From ten feet away.
三米开外就闻到了
Okay. So...
好吧,所以...
somebody dropped that in the guy's smoker,
有人把那东西放到了他的发烟器里
and then he goes off to comb the swarm,
然后他去给蜂巢鼓风
and poof-- he's gassing the bees and breathing poison.
结果他毒死了蜜蜂,自己也吸入了毒气
An eloquent summation. You might want to tell your colleague
总结得相当好,你也许可以告诉你的同事
that the apiarist is not a strong suspect.
养蜂人不是嫌疑人
The hell she isn't.
她怎么会不是呢
She was the only other person
案发的时候
out here when this thing happened.
就只剩她在现场了
And as far as Watson and I
据我和华生判断
have been able to discern, utterly devoid
她完全没有
of any motive--
任何动机
unlike the soulless corporate golem
不像那家没有灵魂的傀儡公司
that is AgriNext.
明日农业
You think a company did this?
你觉得这是一家公司干的
It wouldn't be the first time they'd harbored a killer.
这不是他们第一次包庇凶手了
He's right-- we found one there a few months ago.
他说得对,我们几个月前还在那里发现了一个
So what makes you think they did this?
你觉得他们为什么这么干
Elevated levels of Colony Collapse Disorder
东北部越来越严重的
along the Northeast.
蜂群崩坏症候群
You putting that on AgriNext, too?
你觉得这也是明日农业干的
Everett Keck did.
是埃弗雷特·凯克觉得
His notes strongly suggest that the company's
他的笔记表明那家公司的
neonicotinoid pesticides are the cause.
烟碱类杀虫剂就是病因
So this guy was killed over some dead bees?
这家伙是因为几只死蜜蜂而被杀的
A hundred million dead bees.
是数以亿计的死蜜蜂
The regional numbers are so anomalous
整个区域的数量极度反常
that an international apiary summit
加里森大学本周还为此
has been convened at Garrison University
召开了一个国际蜂房的峰会
to discuss the problem this week.
来对此进行研讨
Everett Keck's notes suggest he was willing
埃弗雷特·凯克的笔记说明
to cut short that debate and lay the blame squarely
他觉得不必辩论了,该直接把责任归咎于
at the feet of AgriNext.
明日农业
Officer, need a hand here!
警官,过来帮帮忙
So, are you good here?
你一个人留下行吗
I'm done here, actually.
我其实已经完事了
Why?
怎么了
The captain wants to see me at the station.
警监让我去趟局里
He says he needs my help with something.
他说有点事要我帮忙
"Come by the office.
"来一趟办公室
No Sherlock."
别带夏洛克"
Come in, come in.
快进来
Close the door.
把门关上
I'm sorry for the cloak-and-dagger-- it's just,
抱歉这么不由分说地叫你来,只是
this is a little delicate.
这事我不想声张
Is everything okay?
没事吧
I've been offered a promotion.
我收到了升职的邀请
Downtown likes the work we've been doing,
上头对我们的工作很满意
and they want to bump me up to Deputy Chief.
想升我做副局长
That's incredible! Do I give you a hug?
太好了,我要给你个拥抱吗
No, no, no, no, no.
不不,不用
You can, you can sit.
你先坐吧
This is not a done deal.
这事还没决定
Well, but you're gonna say yes.
但你会答应的吧
Why wouldn't you?
有什么理由不呢
If I'm not leaving my people in good hands,
要是找不到合适的人来接替我
I'm not leaving my people at all.
我就不会离开大家
Now, the name they've floated to replace me is Ann Vescey.
他们想找来顶替我的人叫安·瓦西
She's a C.O. of the five-one squad, up in the Bronx.
她是五一小队的头,在布朗克斯区
Do you know her?
你认识她吗
I know of her.
略知一二
She's, uh, got some heat.
她挺有冲劲
All the right people are fans.
有很多追随者
But I'm worried about her home base.
但我担心她的来头
The five-one had a property room scandal
五一小队传出过保管间丑闻
a couple of years back, and although
就在几年前
she wasn't implicated...
尽管她没受到牵连...
You want me to check her out.
你想让我查查她
Yeah.
没错
A few of her guys there
她手下有几个人
had a habit of skimming from a big coke bust
有习惯从保管间
that they had in property lockup.
顺查收的可卡因出去
They were careful, took a little at a time...
他们很小心,一次只带一点
long story short is, IAB wasn't sure that they got everyone.
总之,内务部不确定所有涉案人员都落网了
Now, Major Crimes has the biggest discretionary budget
现在重案组的弹性预算数额
short of Counterterrorism.
仅次于反恐组
I got to know for sure that
我得确定
I'm not handing over the keys
我不会把钥匙交给一个
to someone with sticky fingers.
手脚不干净的人
I get it.
我明白了
I would've asked you to bring Holmes, but...
我本想让你叫上福尔摩斯的,但...
It's delicate.
你不想声张
I'm happy to help.
我很乐意帮忙
You told me on the phone
你在电话里跟我说
this was about the Barbara Conway case.
这是关于芭芭拉·康维的案子
It seemed unlikely you'd be willing
我要是说实话
to talk about the real reason for my visit, so I lied.
你可能不会开口,所以我撒谎了
I'm sure you'll return the favor soon enough.
相信你很快就会用谎言回敬我的
I don't understand the hostility, Mr. Holmes.
我不明白你为何会有敌意,福尔摩斯先生
You... you solved the murder of our CFO
你破解了我们的CFO
and one of our board members,
和一个董事会成员的谋杀案
and you still don't think we'd meet with you?
可你却仍觉得我们不会见你
Because this place is a malevolent hellmouth,
因为这地方是个恶毒的地狱之口
and all who pass through it
所有经过的人
are complicit in an ongoing ecological onslaught.
都是一起正在持续的生态冲击中的同谋
Or does AgriNext still deny
还是说明日农业仍要否认
that its pesticides are causing Colony Collapse Disorder?
是你们的杀虫剂引起了蜂群崩坏症候群
Of course it does. There's never been a credible link...
当然要否认,从来没有可靠联系能说明...
So, the company would have had
这么说,公司就有动机
motive to do away with someone who was trying to find the link.
要除掉某个想找出联系的人了
Everett Keck, for example.
比如,埃弗雷特·凯克
I doubt that anyone in this room committed the actual crime,
我不认为这房间里有人真的杀了人
but in a pit such as AgriNext, it takes time to determine
但在明日农业这样大的公司中,要花点时间
where one snake ends and the next begins,
才能搞清两条蛇的首尾在何处衔接
so I'm going to give your executives
所以我要尽量
as much warning as possible: come forward with information,
警告你们的高管们,主动坦白
you may be spared.
才有可能从宽处理
You're right...
你说对了
about the company having an awareness of Mr. Keck.
公司的确注意到了凯克先生
Naturally, we knew about the work he was doing for the ASI.
自然,我们也知道他在帮高等研究所做的事
We knew about his report.
我们知道他的报告
But trust me, nobody here needed to hurt him.
但相信我,这里没人有必要伤害他
We were well prepared
我们已经做好了准备
to counter any claims he might make.
迎接他可能提出的任何指控
Explain.
请解释
We invested in some oppositional research.
我们为了对抗他做了一些调查
As it turned out, Mr. Keck...
事实证明,凯克先生
was academically under-qualified
在学术上是没资格
for his position.
坐到他如今的位子的
He was a Buddhist seminary dropout.
他是个佛教学院的辍学生
Also an abuser of recreational drugs.
时不时还会吸毒
He also had problems at work.
他在工作中也问题不少
He made enemies.
树敌颇多
At one point, the USDA even had to suspend him.
有一次,农业部还不得不给他停职
So I could probably provide you with the names
其实我可以给你提供几个
of a few good suspects...
可能的嫌疑人名字
but I'm afraid you haven't put me in a very generous mood.
但恐怕你让我心情不太愉悦
So I think I'd rather you just left.
所以你还是走吧
Is the captain leaving us?
警监要离开我们了吗
Do you have his office bugged or something?
你监听了他的办公室还是怎么的
So you don't deny it. How could you...
你没否认,你怎么...
Timing and context.
时间点和大环境
The spring before an election is the
大选前的春天
NYPD's traditional housecleaning season.
是纽约警局传统的清扫季
And it was only a matter of time before our clearance rate
而我们的结案率把荣誉给到警监
conferred glory upon the captain.
只是时间问题
Not that he isn't deserving of it himself, of course.
当然不是说他配不上这荣誉
You saw the personnel file.
你看过个人档案了
Lieutenant Vescey's name is familiar to me,
我听说过瓦西副队长的名字
as are most names within the department.
正如部门里其他人一样
It's not a great leap to imagine that the captain
不需要多充足的想象力就可以知道警监
would want to vet his potential replacement.
会想要审查自己的接班人
Do you know much about her?
你了解她吗
I know she's considered by many to be a rising star,
我知道很多人认为她是新起之秀
but as for the woman herself, I've not had the pleasure.
但作为女人的她,我还没那个荣幸结识
She came up with a few bad apples--
她以前跟一些行为不当的人共事过
I'm supposed to find out if they rubbed off.
我本应该查查她有没有受到影响
That's it? What's it?
就这样了,什么这样了
I tell you the Captain might be leaving, and nothing?
我告诉你警监没准要走了,你一点反应没有
Well, did you imagine he would remain a Captain forever?
你以为他会当一辈子警监吗
Do you think Marcus will always be a Detective?
你以为马库斯会永远当警探吗
You and I exist
你和我存在于
outside of the bureaucracy of the department,
部门官僚结构之外
and that is by design.
是有原因的
Our colleagues are as vulnerable to promotions
我们的同事会随时接受升职
as they are to demotions,
同样也会遇到降职
and we can do little
而我们能做的
but honor the former and mourn the latter.
也就只有恭喜前者,惋惜后者
And what if Captain Vescey doesn't think she needs
那如果瓦西警监认为她不需要
a couple of consultants hanging around?
两名顾问的存在呢
Then she will reveal herself an idiot.
那她就会让自己变成一个白痴
And you and I shall find a new perch...
而你和我会找到一个新的栖身之所...
presumably with the help of a newly promoted friend.
很可能是受到新近升职朋友的帮助
Looks like you opened up a satellite office
看起来你在这里给美国农业部
for the Department of Agriculture in here.
建立了一个办事处似的
25,000 species of bee-- always much to learn.
二万五千种蜜蜂,学无止境
Well, if you're planning on picking up where Keck left off,
如果你想继续凯克的工作
it might be nice to solve his murder first.
也许应该先解决他的谋杀案
That I believe I may have already done.
那个我想我已经解决了
I was gone for two hours.
我刚离开俩小时
Our friends at AgriNext planned
咱们明日农业的朋友
to run a smear campaign against Everett Keck.
想要针对埃弗雷特·凯克实施抹黑行动
They claimed he had a drug problem,
他们声称他有吸毒问题
and he'd been suspended from work.
并因此被停职
Keck's tox screen confirmed
凯克的毒理检验证实
he was indeed a habitual marijuana user,
他确实是一个长期吸食大麻
and that he died with Viagra in his system.
并且死时身体中残留有伟哥
I enquired of the USDA as to his work troubles.
我向美国农业部询问了他工作上的麻烦
Everett Keck received a week's paid leave
埃弗雷特·凯克被放了一周带薪假期
whilst enquiries were made to accusations levied
并且因为一起控告而接受了询问
by a Poughkeepsie beekeeper named Darryl Jarvis.
控主是一名波基普西的养蜂人达瑞尔·贾维斯
This guy thinks that Keck killed his bees.
这人认为凯克杀死了他的蜜蜂
By introducing deadly varroa mites into his hives.
通过向他的蜂巢中注入了致死量的瓦螨
During the course of the investigation,
在调查期间
it became clear, though,
发现了一件事
that Darryl Jarvis was a paranoid schizophrenic.
那位达瑞尔·贾维斯是名多疑的精神病患者
Some speculated that his claims were just results of delusions.
有猜测认为他的声称仅仅是幻想
So that probably made Jarvis even angrier.
这可能让贾维斯更愤怒了
That wasn't enough, have a look at Mr. Jarvis's address.
还不止这些,看看贾维斯先生的地址
Everett Keck examined hives at an apiary
埃弗雷特·凯克在他死时前一天
across the street the day before he died.
去街对面的养蜂场检查过蜂巢
So Jarvis would have had ample opportunity
所以贾维斯有足够的时机
to tamper with the smoker.
给发烟器动手脚
Seems like a man worth talking to.
看起来有必要和他谈谈
It's never wise to wait for rubbish collection, Mr. Jarvis.
从不要寄期望于收垃圾的,贾维斯先生
It's always better to burn the evidence.
最好的办法总是烧毁证据
What do you mean?
你什么意思
The ground apple seeds you used in preparation of your cyanide,
你用来准备氰化物的苹果核碎屑
the other half of the egg carton you soaked in it.
你用来浸入其中的另一半简易蛋盒
You stuffed the other half
你将另一半塞入了
in Keck's smoker yesterday
凯克的发烟器
when he was working across the road.
趁昨天他在街对面工作的时候
I couldn't sleep.
我睡不着觉
That's why I answered the door so fast.
所以我才那么快就开了门
I was lying in bed,
我躺在床上
thinking about turning myself in.
想着去自首
The minute I heard it worked, I wished I hadn't done it.
听到成功了的那一刻,我就后悔了
Even after what he did to my hives.
即便是他那样对待我的蜂巢
Even after no one believed me.
即便没有人相信我
You think I'm crazy, too, don't you?
你也觉得我疯了,对不对
We're aware of your condition.
我们了解你的病情
I'm a schizophrenic.
我是精神病患者
That means I'm in good shape for an insanity defense, right?
也就是说我可以作精神障碍辩护,对吧
I haven't gone off my meds in years.
我这一年没停过药
When I put that carton in Keck's smoker,
当我将那简易蛋盒放入凯克发烟器里时
I was in my right mind,
我的头脑很正常
just like I was
正如我当时
when I saw him put those mites in my hives.
看到他将那些螨虫放入我蜂巢时一样
Just like I am now.
正如我现在一样
Feel free to put all that in your report.
你可以将这些写入你的报告中
Why would he have done it?
他为什么要那么做
Keck?
凯克
Why would he have wanted to harm your hives?
他为什么想要伤害你的蜂巢
I don't have any idea.
我不知道为什么
I just know what I saw.
我只知道我看到了什么
No, I'm a consultant with the NYPD.
不,我是纽约警署的顾问
But a warrant could be arranged pursuant to my request.
但如果需要我可以申请到搜查令
Or, if you prefer, a formal summons could be issued
或者如果你想的话,可以对你的阻挠
in response to this needless obstruction.
开出一张正式传票
No, don't me on hol...
不行,别让我等候...
Oh. That didn't used to be here.
这东西以前可不在这啊
I'm on hold.
我在等候办理
Oh, what's with the files?
这些文件是怎么回事
We closed Keck last night.
凯克的案子咱们昨天就结了
I didn't dream that, did I?
那不是我在做梦呢吧
I think Darryl Jarvis was right.
我觉得达瑞尔·贾维斯是对的
Everett Keck did kill his hives.
埃弗雷特·凯克确实杀了他的蜜蜂
I thought the USDA investigated, and they didn't find anything.
美国农业部不是调查过了吗,什么也没发现
They didn't, but they may have
是没发现,但是如果
if bee stings didn't bear some resemblance to hypodermic marks.
蜜蜂蜇刺不是和皮下注射相似,就会有了
What are you talking about?
你在说什么呢
I rendered the latter with a pin.
后边是我用针刺的
Can you tell the difference from the bee stings?
你能看出和蜜蜂蜇刺有什么不同吗
You're getting stung by bees on purpose?
你故意让自己被蜜蜂蛰
Obviously.
显然是的
I don't have enough caffeine in my system
我现在身体里的咖啡因太少了
to understand you right now.
没法理解你的行为
The Department of Agriculture never officially closed
美国农业部一直没有正式结束
its investigation into Everett Keck.
对埃弗雷特·凯克的调查
It simply withered on the vine
当时监理的主管
when the supervisor in charge, Calvin Barnes,
加尔文·巴尼斯因一次心脏病发作
suffered a heart attack,
引发了缺氧性脑损伤后
and subsequent anoxic brain injury.
案子就搁置了
He took early retirement. The matter was dropped.
他提前退休,这案子也无人问津了
Okay.
好吧
Calvin Barnes ran two marathons last year.
加尔文·巴尼斯去年参加了两次马拉松
His cardiovascular health was excellent.
他心血管系统好得很
But it was reported, he sustained several bee stings
报告上却说,他发病那天
in the field on the day he collapsed.
在野外被蜜蜂蛰了几下
Some people thought that he suffered a delayed allergic reaction.
有人认为他的过敏反应推迟发作了
I, myself, do not.
我自己并不这么认为
I've been negotiating with the hospital
我在同治疗巴尼斯先生的医院沟通
that treated Mr. Barnes to release his records.
好让我看巴尼斯先生的病历
When they do, I suspect his blood work
等他们同意了,我怀疑他的血检结果
will show elevated levels of potassium and chlorine.
会显示高浓度的钾和氯
Hold on. You're saying that someone poisoned him?
等等,你是说他被人下毒了
To bring on the heart attack. Precisely.
好引发心脏病,没错
But the injection mark was lost amongst the bee stings.
但针孔却被蜜蜂蛰的伤口掩盖过去了
So you think that Keck tried to kill his boss
你认为凯克杀他老板
to cover up poisoning a few bee hives?
是为了掩盖往几个蜂群投毒的事
More than a few.
不止几个
I've come to believe that Everett Keck was not just studying
我相信埃弗雷特·凯克不仅仅在研究
Colony Collapse Disorder.
蜂群崩坏症候群
Everett Keck was Colony Collapse Disorder incarnate.
他还想把它应用到人的身上
You might recall my recent concern over varroas in my own hives.
你也许还记得我近来担心自己的蜂群出现瓦螨
These fears were born out of rumblings on BeeCircuit.Com.
我的担心是由蜂流网上的讨论引起的
Most of the talk
大部分讨论
on the spike of this season's colony death rate
是关于当季致命瓦螨蔓延中心地区
centered around the spread of deadly mites.
蜂群死亡率的飙升
Okay, but I thought Keck was gonna prove it was pesticides.
我以为凯克要证明这是由杀虫剂导致的
That's what his note suggested.
据他的笔记来看是的
That's what he intended to report,
他也打算这样报告
but the data suggests that the parasites were appearing
但数据显示,他所到之处
in greater than expected numbers everywhere he went.
这种寄生虫的数量都远高于合理范围
You did all this overnight?
你一晚上就做了这么多
You know I outsource arithmetic to Harlan.
你知道我把数学问题都外包给哈伦了
Okay, so, that's Keck.
好吧,那个是凯克的
And there are three other ASI researchers.
还有三名高等研究所其他研究员的
He found more mites than the others.
他发现的瓦螨比别人多
Many more. According to Harlan,
多得多,哈伦认为
the variance between Keck and his colleagues
凯克和他同事调查结果的差异
cannot be explaine in a way by known confounds.
无法用已知的混杂因子来解释
The odds that Mr. Keck were not actively
凯克先生并未人为地在所到之处
spreading varroaitites everywhere he went
传播瓦螨虫害的可能性
approaches one in 29,000.
接近两万九千分之一
So, there isn't a spike in Colony Collapse Disorder after all.
所以蜂群崩坏症候群的发生率并未上涨
Every dead hive is a tragedy.
每一群死亡的蜜蜂都是一个悲剧
But outside of one nefarious USDA field researcher,
但若不是有一名黑心的农业部外勤研究员
no, the CCD baseline would not be inflated at all.
蜂群崩坏症候群的基准线不会大幅上涨
Why would he do something like this? I don't know.
他为什么要这么做,我不知道
I'm fairly certain, however, he had help.
不过我很肯定,他有帮手
The heart attack almost killed Calvin Barnes
那场差点要了加尔文·巴尼斯命的心脏病
occurred while Mr. Keck was doing his rounds in Connecticut.
发生于凯克先生在康涅狄格州开会期间
He had a partner.
他有个搭档
We've solved one murder.
我们解开了一件谋杀案
Now we just have the remaining 100 million.
还有一亿件要办
I wish Cal was here to help explain this.
我希望卡尔能在这帮忙解释这一切
I-I mean, really here.
我是说,康复过来
In short, Mrs. Barnes, we think that your husband
长话短说,巴尼斯太太,我们认为您丈夫
was on the verge of uncovering a plot
快要揭发一场计划
to kill off the Northeast's bee population.
灭绝东北部蜂群的阴谋
Did he ever talk to you about someone
他有没有和你提过一个
named Everett Keck?
叫埃弗雷特·凯克的人
Sure, he was looking into Everett
当然,他心脏病发之前就在
around the time of his heart attack.
调查埃弗雷特
We think that might have been more than just a coincidence.
我们认为那也许并不是一个巧合
I don't understand.
我不懂
Are you saying that you think Everett did this to him?
你的意思是埃弗雷特对他下的手
Not Mr. Keck, a partner whom we have yet to identify.
不是凯克先生,是他一名身份未知的搭档
Well, that actually makes... sense.
那就说得过去了
When I found Cal,
我发现卡尔时
that's-that's what I thought, too.
也那么想过
What do you mean?
您什么意思
Well, just the-the things that I saw...
是我目睹的情景
This mirror was smashed.
这块镜子碎了
It had to be replaced.
只得换掉
There was a bump on his head.
他头上鼓起了块包
I thought they were signs of a struggle.
我以为那些都是打斗的痕迹
But the paramedics told me that sometimes this happens.
但急救人员说这在心脏病患者身上也时有发生
Someone will have a heart attack, fall down,
有人心脏病犯了,摔倒
knock things over.
打翻东西
So where was he lying when you found him?
你发现他时他躺在哪儿
Right here, with his,
就是这儿
um, head towards the living room.
头朝向客厅
All right.
好吧
Here?
这儿吗
Was this door open?
这扇门是开着的吗
No, it was closed.
不,是关着的
Closed.
关着
What about this gash in the molding here?
那边门框上凹进去的部分呢
Is that new?
是新的吗
I think perhaps your husband fell against the door?
也许您丈夫摔到门上了
No, that shouldn't be there.
不,那儿不该有凹痕的
We had this place painted right before Christmas.
我们圣诞节前刚把家里粉刷了一遍
It was perfect.
完美无缺
Would you excuse me for a moment?
抱歉失陪一下
So, what do you think?
你怎么看
I think there was a struggle that started here by the closet.
我想壁橱这儿曾发生过打斗
And I'm now more certain than ever
现在我比以前更加确定
that Mr. Keck's partner injected a potassium chloride solution
凯克先生的搭档给巴尼斯先生
to stop Mr. Barnes's heart.
注射了一剂氯化钾想让他心跳停止
None of our unsolved cases interesting enough, huh?
我们没破的案子没一个有意思的哈
Got me turning heart attacks into attempted homicides now?
现在连心脏病都改为蓄意谋杀了
Well, that's just one more case for the pile,
这一堆案子,不多那一件
but we are gonna help you close it.
而且我们会帮你结案的
CSU isn't.
鉴证组可不
They just got back from Calvin Barnes's place.
他们刚从加尔文·巴尼斯家回来
There's plenty of blonde hair and fingerprints,
弄了不少金发和指纹
but nothing you wouldn't expect inside the home
但两位屋主都是金发,还养了条金毛狗
of two blonde people with a golden retriever.
所以没什么特别的
The attack was four weeks ago.
那次袭击是四周前的事了
That foyer has been cleaned by housekeepers,
就算攻击者没清理现场
if not the assailant himself.
门厅也已经被保洁人员打扫过了
You any closer to telling me why someone would want
你快要查清为什么有人想
to kill a bunch of bees up and down the Northeast?
弄死东北的蜂群了吗
Well, my most promising theory was that it was an attempt
最靠谱的解释就是有人想
to manipulate the commodities exchange.
操纵蜂产品交易市场
New York is the second largest
纽约是美国第二大
grower of apples in the United States.
苹果种植地
The business is reliant on pollination by bees,
而苹果依赖蜜蜂授粉
so, it would most assuredly be impacted.
必定会受到影响
But, as it turns out, no one has been shorting the industry.
但是,结果显示,还没有人开始做空
So you're back to square one.
所以你又回到原点了
Well, maybe one and a half.
还是有一些收获的
I have another theory.
我有了另一个理论
You know that apiary summit
记得那个你提到的
you were talking about in Garrison?
在加里森的养蜂场峰会吗
Every researcher attending has motive.
每个参加者都有自己的动机
How do you figure?
为什么这么说
Colony collapse rates have improved since 2011.
蜂群崩坏症候群自2011年以来出现频率升高
Research funding has begun to dry up.
科研经费开始不足
This new scare could be the work
这一轮新的恐慌可能是
of an academic rattling his tin cup.
某个学者想为科研工作筹得经费
It's worth a trip to New Jersey to find out, right?
这值得去一趟新泽西探个究竟吧
You seriously think someone
你当真觉得美国农业部有人
from the USDA is behind these numbers?
在操纵这些数字
Evidence is quite compelling, is it not?
证据很明显了,不是吗
No. No way. You can't just write off a global issue
不不不,你不能因为一个蜜蜂杀人狂魔
because one guy went on a bee-killing spree.
就抹杀掉一个全球问题
I share your concerns
我同意你关于
about Colony Collapse Disorder writ large, I do.
蜂群崩坏症候群扩大的担忧,真的
I have hives of my own.
我自己也养蜂
But your degree is in Entomology, and, uh,
但是你的学位是昆虫学
the mathematicians have spoken.
数学方面数学家们已经有结论了
Uh, Griff? Come here. You should hear this.
格里夫,过来,你应该听听这个
This is my husband, Griffin Parker.
这是我丈夫,格里芬·帕克
He's a professor here, too.
他也是这里的教授
They think some USDA guy...
他们认为农业部的某个家伙...
Everett Keck. They think he was dropping mites
埃弗雷特·凯克,他们认为他在过去的几个月中
in hives all over New York and Connecticut the past few months.
在纽约和康涅狄格州的蜂巢中放置了很多螨虫
The purpose of your summit is to study this year's spike
你们论坛的宗旨是研究蜂群崩坏症候群
in Colony Collapse Disorder and find answers.
在今年的突然爆发并找到原因
We submit you might be holding those answers in your hands.
我们觉得你手里拿的就是原因
So, this guy's, what, insane?
所以这家伙是疯了吗
Or just a canny fund-raiser.
也可能只是一个狡猾的募捐者
We think he has a partner who may have a way
我们认为他有一个同伙
to cash in on the higher CCD numbers.
在症候群爆发的时候获利
Do you know if any of your attendees
在你们的参与者中有没有人
are writing grant proposals to study the outbreak?
强烈建议研究这种大爆发的
Offhand, no, but it's a safe bet someone is.
暂时没发现,但也不排除这种人存在的可能
But the outcry for this summit
但是抗议本次峰会的声音
has come from all corners. I mean, everyone
来自四面八方,我是说
is worried about what's happening here
每个人都很担心这里发生的事情
in the tri-state area, where it goes next year.
在这个三态区域,以及未来的走向
Well, you're not wrong about the funds drying up.
你说经费不足的事确实属实
We're the only Entomology Department in the radius
我们是在症候群爆发范围内唯一一个
of the outbreak that had the cash to host this thing.
有经费主持该项目的昆虫系了
To our point-- many of your colleagues, less fortunate.
在我们看来,你们的很多同僚都没那么幸运
It would be a great help to us if you could give us
如果你们能提供一份与会人员名单
a list of your esteemed guests.
就再好不过了
The people you're talking about... are scientists.
你说的这些人是科学家
Not murderers.
而非凶手
The frequency of overlap between those two vocations
这两种职业的重叠率
might surprise you.
可能会让你大吃一惊
Thank you.
谢谢
His Highness Sheik Nasser Al-Fayed is making an appearance?
纳赛尔·阿法伊德酋长也要出席吗
Supposedly.
应该是吧
Nasser is an Emir.
纳赛尔是一名埃米尔
He's a member of the royal family of Al Qasr
他是阿联酋阿喀斯尔皇室家族的
in the United Arab Emirates.
一名成员
He's a black sheep. He's not trusted
他是一匹黑马
with state business, like his brothers.
他不信任国有业务,就像他的兄弟们
He's also got the most expensive apiary on the planet.
他还拥有世界上最昂贵的蜂房
State-of-the-art hives. He's a recluse.
简直就是艺术品,他是个隐士
Rumors on BeeCircuit.Com are that he never leaves
在蜂流网上有传言说他从未真正离开过
his family's estate. Well, I wouldn't, either.
家族产业,换了我也不会的
He has almost 1,000 species.
他有超过1000种蜜蜂
Uh, we were surprised he RSVP'd,
得知他要来参会时我们都很惊讶
but I guess he made the trip,
但他应该得以成行了
'cause he asked for a car service to pick him up
因为他叫了辆车
in the city tonight.
今晚去城里接他
Staying here in New York?
就住在纽约吗
The Cardiff. Downtown.
在卡迪夫,市中心
You keep checking your watch.
你一直在看表
Yeah. I forgot how long it takes to get over the river.
是的,我忘了过河要多长时间
I managed to get a copy of
我拿到了五一小队
the five-one's property room log book.
保管间的登记簿
I'm supposed to meet a handwriting expert in 30 minutes.
我在三十分钟后要见一个笔迹鉴定专家
He's gonna tell me whether or not
他会告诉我安·瓦西有没有
Ann Vescey has forged any signatures in it.
在上面伪造过什么签名
You cohabitate with one of the foremost
你和一个世界上第一流的
forensic document examiners on the planet.
文件检查者同居一处
You might have saved yourself the expense.
你本可以省掉这个费用的
You're not supposed to know any of this, remember?
你不应该知晓这些还记得吧
Well, should you require a second opinion,
如果你需要我的意见
I'll be at the Cardiff.
可以去卡迪夫找我
Oh, so you're looking into that Sheik, right?
所以你是要查那名酋长吗
He's loaded.
他很富有
So if he wanted money for research,
所以如果他需要钱来进行研究
why couldn't he just use his own?
为什么不干脆用他自己的呢
You're right-Nasser Al-Fayed
你是对的,纳赛尔·阿法伊德
and his family are indeed loaded.
和他的家族确实很富有
They stay that way thanks to their many business holdings.
他们的财富得益于名下的众多企业
For example, they own several agribusinesses in Turkey,
举个例子,他们在土耳其拥有多个农业业务
which would benefit greatly if New York's apple orchards
如果纽约的苹果果园在授粉中出现问题
were to suffer from underpollination.
这些业务可以从中受益
I guess I could think of worse reason to kill 100 million bees.
我想为了这个目的杀掉一亿只蜜蜂还挺合理的吧
Are you sure?
你确定吗
Look at the bold garlands. The-the-the short, nubby arcades
看那个粗体的花环,就是那个短的,块状的拱形
in the N's.
在N那里
Same hand, no question.
出自同一个人之手,毫无疑问
Not what you wanted to hear, is it?
你不想听到这个消息,是吗
To be honest, I'm not really sure what I wanted to hear.
说实话,我也不知道我到底想不想
Excuse me.
失陪一下
Hey. Did you talk to the Sheik?
你和酋长谈过了吗
I did not. No one's seen him in 24 hours.
没有,一整天都没有人见过他
Did he check out?
他退房了吗
Not exactly.
不算是
Yesterday morning, guests on this floor
昨天晚上,这一层的客人
were questioned by panicked Arab men wearing suits.
都被几个慌张的穿制服的阿拉伯人盘问了
Mr. Al-Fayed's bodyguards
是阿法伊德先生的保镖
were trying and failing to locate him.
他们试图找到他,但最终失败了
This was troubling,
这让我觉得可疑
so I availed myself of a maid's key card
所以我用了一张服务员的万能卡
to have a look around his suite.
来他的套房看看
I'm now reasonably certain
我现在可以确定
the Emir has been kidnapped.
酋长被绑架了
I was told you needed my assistance
你们之前要我帮忙
in contacting Sheik Nasser.
联系纳赛尔酋长
Now this gentleman says
现在这位先生又说
that he has been kidnapped.
他被绑架了
You'll have to excuse my colleague,
请多多包涵我的同事
Mr. Al Shamsi.
艾尔沙姆希先生
The NYPD isn't ready to go that far.
纽约警局目前还不会做那种推测
For now, we consider this a missing person's case.
目前,我们把它当做一桩失踪人口案处理
We were hoping that you would be able put us in touch
我们希望你能帮我们
with the Sheik's security detail.
联系上酋长的警卫人员
One of his guards, Rasheed Musharakh,
他的保镖之一,拉希德·穆沙拉克
is of particular interest to us.
是我们的嫌疑人之一
Why?
为什么
Because we feel he may be responsible.
因为我们认为此事他脱不了干系
Every guest on the Sheik's floor
酋长那层的房客
was questioned. A few remembered a guard stationed
都被审问过了,其中一些人记得两晚前
outside his door two nights ago-Rasheed.
一个保镖守在他房门前,就是拉希德
The next day, when all the other guards were rushing
第二天,当其他保镖仓皇失措
around in a panic, Rasheed was nowhere to be seen.
忙得团团转,拉希德却不见踪影
And now he just cannot be found.
现在他彻底失踪了
And this hearsay is the basis of your contention
你就通过这种传闻一口咬定
that Mr. Musharakh absconded with his charge?
穆沙拉克先生畏罪潜逃了吗
There was no blood at the scene, no sign of a struggle.
现场没有血迹,没有打斗痕迹
But then, there wouldn't be if Rasheed
很有可能就是,拉希德
had just walked him out of a fire exit.
陪同他一起走出了安全出口
Well, nor would there be if he just checked out
或者他退房离开酒店
and found alternate accommodations.
找到了其他住所
A possibility.
也有可能
If he had not abandoned his epinephrine
但那样的话,他就不会丢下肾上腺素注射器
with the rest of his toiletries.
以及其他洗漱用品了
It's prescribed for a deathly peanut allergy
它是专门治疗可致死的花生过敏反应
and I doubt he would willfully travel without it.
我很怀疑他出行时会不带这个
Do you have numbers for either
你有他们的联系方式吗
of them-- something we could trace?
或什么能让我们追踪到他们的
I'm afraid it would be impossible
我恐怕不能向你们
to provide you with such information.
提供这种信息
Why is that?
为什么
Well, as you said,
如你所说
we can't say for certain a crime has been committed.
还不能确定这是一桩刑事案件
Our U.N. mission does not exist
我们国家驻联合国的使团
to strong-arm our citizens
不是为了胁迫我们的公民
into American police stations.
进美国警局而存在的
A more likely explanation is that your government has already
更合理的解释是,你们的政府已经
commenced negotiations for the Sheik's safe return.
着手对酋长的安全返回进行谈判了
On that point, among others, you are entirely mistaken.
关于这事,以及其它事,你都大错特错了
What I wish to know is why
我想知道的是
you sought an audience
为什么你一开始
with the Sheik to begin with.
想要晋见酋长
We have questions regarding a plan
我们想问他关于在纽约
to foment colony collapse disorder here in New York.
制造蜂群崩坏症候群的阴谋一事
Are you actually suggesting that a member of our royal family
你这是在说我们国家的一位皇室成员
is involved in a plot to kill American...
参与了一场阴谋,要杀死美国的...
bees?
蜜蜂吗
And so this meeting has come to an ignoble end.
这场会面到此结束了
Please, Mr. Al Shamsi,
拜托,艾尔沙姆希先生
we are not accusing anyone.
我们没有指控任何人
We just want to talk to the Sheik.
我们只想跟酋长谈谈
If you will excuse me.
恕在下告辞
I have a busy day at the mission.
我在使团还有很多工作要做
I'll... I'll walk you out.
我,我送你出去
Anyone ever tell you you're not much of a statesman?
有人告诉过你,你不适合做政治家吗
Some statesmen have. What was that in there?
一些政治家跟我说过,你刚才怎么回事
What makes you think that they're already negotiating
你凭什么认为他们已经开始谈判
to get the Sheik back?
要救回酋长了呢
He didn't bat an eyelid when I told him
我告诉他一位皇家成员
a member of the royal family had been kidnapped.
被绑架了,他表现得相当淡定
I don't believe even the gifted diplomat
就算是再厉害的外交官
could maintain that kind of equanimity
遇到这种事也不能如此泰然自若
unless his office
除非他的办公室
had already been contacted with demands.
已经跟对方交涉过条件了
Makes sense, right?
这么说有理,对吧
The kidnapper has already had the Sheik for 24 hours.
绑匪已经绑走酋长24小时了
If the plan was to ransom him, why wait?
如果他们计划要赎金,为什么要等呢
What I'd like to know is what the hell any of this has to do
我想知道的是,这些事都跟埃弗雷特·凯克
with Everett Keck killing a bunch of bees.
杀死一群蜜蜂有什么关系
So you thought that the Sheik was his partner, right?
你认为酋长是他的搭档,对吧
It's a distinct possibility.
可能性很高
How his abduction relates to the colony collapse hoax--
他的绑架跟蜂群崩坏的事有何种联系
whether it relates at all-- is, at the moment,
是否有所联系,这是目前
a Gordian knot of seemingly unrelated threads.
看似不相关线索中的一个难题
Well, let's put the bee thing aside for now
先别管什么蜜蜂了
and find this Rashid guy.
把拉希德找出来再说吧
If he's got the Sheik,
如果他抓了酋长
chances are he's got some answers, too.
那他也很可能知道这是怎么回事
We'll see how the Detective is coming along.
我们去看下警探进展如何
I need a minute.
我稍后就到
Can you talk?
能聊聊吗
I take it you're done looking into Ann Vescey?
看来你调查完安·瓦西了
I am.
是的
And as it turns out,
结果表明
you couldn't ask for a better replacement.
她是最佳人选
Great boss, loved and respected by all of her people.
是很好的上司,受下属尊敬与爱戴
And as far as that property room scandal,
至于那桩保管间的丑闻
the only discrepancy in the log that wasn't accounted for
登记簿里唯一有问题的地方
was the work of a female undercover,
出自于一位女卧底
who has already taken forced retirement, so...
已被强制退休了,所以...
Congratulations, if you want to move on.
恭喜你,如果你去寻求更好的发展
you'll be leaving the 11th in good hands.
接任你的人能够管理好第十一分局
Okay.
好吧
You're having second thoughts?
你开始后悔了吗
You know, I know a thing or two
在重大职业转换方面
about big career changes.
我还是比较在行的
Maybe I can help.
也许我能帮上忙
I love what we do.
我热爱我们共同做的事情
You, me, Marcus, Holmes,
你,我,马库斯,福尔摩斯
everyone-- what we do for the city,
每个人,为这个城市贡献力量
people that need our help.
帮助有需要的人们
It's not just some report that shows up on my desk.
这不仅仅是每天出现在我办公桌上的报告
I see it.
我亲眼所见
I'm a part of this.
我参与其中
Whatever decision you make,
不管你做什么决定
I have no doubt it'll be the right one.
我确信都是正确的选择
That's right. We've been calling currency exchanges
是的,我们在联系全城的外币兑换处
all over the city, looking for Mr. Musharakh.
寻找穆沙拉克先生
Well, we don't know the guy he kidnapped
我们不知道他绑架的人
is traveling with UAE Dirhams, but he's a Sheik.
是不是带了阿联酋迪拉姆,但他是酋长
"Stands to reason" is how one of my colleagues put it.
"显而易见" 我的同事会这么说
Yeah, okay. Thanks.
好吧,多谢啦
No luck on Staten Island?
没有在史丹顿岛找到吗
Not a high destination for vacationing Emirs, apparently.
显然酋长一般不会去那里度假
Not on vacation.
不是在度假
Yeah, well, I'm starting to feel like a telemarketer here.
我觉得我都快变成一个电话推销员了
I may have something.
我也许发现了什么
Atlas Exchange in Parkchester.
在帕克切斯特的阿特拉斯货币兑换所
A clerk there saw a man matching Rashid's description
昨晚收银员看到了一个符合拉希德描述的
come in with $20,000 Dirhams last night.
男人带了两万迪拉姆进去
Well, the Detective and I will investigate posthaste.
好吧,警探和我马上就去调查
Why do you get to go?
为什么是你去
Because I stood up first.
因为是我先站起来的
And as tiresome as calling these establishments may be,
而且虽然照着名单拨电话很累人
one of us has to finish the list.
但是我们总得有人把它做完
We can't put all our eggs in one basket, can we?
我们不能把所有鸡蛋都放在一个篮子里是吧
I've interviewed blind men who were better witnesses than that.
我询问过的盲人都比他提供的信息有用
Three of them. No, four.
有三个人,不,是四个
Can't fault the owner for having a broken surveillance system.
我们不能因为监控系统坏了就怪罪店家
Of course I could.
当然可以
If it had been broken.
如果它真的是被破坏了的话
Footage was black.
录像都是黑屏
That man's fleecing his customers.
那个人在敲诈他的顾客
He wiped the tape himself when he heard we were en route.
当他听说我们要来的时候就抹去了录像
Didn't want to hand us a record of his crimes.
不想让我们抓住他犯罪的把柄
Holmes.
福尔摩斯
Indulge me a moment, would you?
稍微等我一会,好吗
Yeah, that,
没错,这
that might have been the guy who was in here.
这个人好像来过这里
Really? Yeah.
真的吗,是的
Because the watch in this photograph,
因为这张照片上的手表
the same one that you have on display here,
和你摆在橱窗里的一模一样
could lift 100 of Nasser Al-Fayed's countrymen
其价值足以让纳赛尔·阿法伊德国家里的一百个人
out of poverty,
摆脱贫饥
and he's probably got a drawer full of them,
而他可能有一抽屉这样的手表
so I doubt that he pawned this one here in the Bronx.
但是我想他不会在布朗克斯典当这支手表
You sure you didn't buy it off this guy?
你确定你不是从这个人手里买下的手表吗
He was selling off the Sheik's assets
昨晚他在这街区附近
up and down this block last night.
出售酋长的财物
I can't be sure. Look, man,
我不确定,听着,老兄
we don't care if you didn't ask for proof of ownership.
我们不关心你没有问所有权证明的事情
Yeah, this was the guy, right here.
没错,就是他
Yeah, he brought in the watch.
就是他把手表拿过来的
How much he take for it? Six.
他要了多少钱,六千
And a laptop in trade.
还拿走了一台电脑
Now, I hope you're not gonna tell us
我希望你不会也告诉我们
your surveillance system's broken.
你的监控系统坏掉了
No. What, are you kidding?
不,你在开玩笑吗
I've been robbed ten times in the last couple years.
前几年我被抢了差不多十次
These cameras stop working, so do I.
如果这些监控不工作了,我也要歇业了
You mind getting the tape from last night for us?
你介意给我们看下昨晚的录像带吗
I think we can do better than a tape.
我想除了录像,我们还有其他的方法
There's anti-theft tracking software
在所有的电子商品上都有
on all the electronic goods here.
这个防盗追踪系统
Well, like I said, we've had robberies.
没错,我说过了,这里被抢过好多次
Do you deactivate the software once a sale is made?
在出售的时候你会关闭这个软件吗
...and Chamberlain will send it forward,
张伯伦把球踢向前方
down the right side.
进入右场
Alvarez there to collect.
阿尔瓦雷兹接到球
But no, Muncie powers him off it,
但是,不,曼西切断了他
and there's no foul; Alvarez--
那没有犯规,阿尔瓦雷兹
Hands up! Get on the ground, now!
举起手来,趴在地上,快点
Give me your hands!
把手给我
Clear!
安全
There wasn't any sign of the Sheik?
没有酋长的踪影吗
Nope.
没有
Still no answer at the UAE's Mission.
阿联酋使团那边还是没有回复
Nobody knows anything,
没人知道任何消息
and Rashid's got a bridge he wants to sell us.
而拉希德说的话更离谱
What do you mean?
什么意思
Rashid...
拉希德
tell these people what you told me.
跟这些人重复下你刚才和我说的话
What? That's I'm innocent?
什么,我是无辜的吗
I told this man
我告诉这个人
I did not take the Sheik.
我没有绑架酋长
I don't know anything.
我什么都不知道
Well, we might as well get a full account of what you don't know,
好吧,我们要考虑下你不知道的事情
so let's start at the beginning, shall we?
我们就从头说起吧
Are you aware of a plot to spread
你知道现在纽约正在扩散的
Colony Collapse Disorder in New York?
蜂群崩坏症候群吗
Colony what?
蜂群什么
Do the names Everett Keck
你听说过埃弗雷特·凯克
and Calvin Barnes mean anything to you?
和加尔文·巴尼斯吗
No.
没有
All I know is simple:
我只知道这些
two nights ago, I was assigned to the Emir's door.
两个晚上前,我被派到酋长的门口
He was inside, with a...
他和一个
a prostitute.
妓女在里面
His taste.
符合他的品味
Blonde. Tall.
金色头发,很高
A beauty mark above the lip.
嘴唇上有个美人痣
I never left my post,
我根本没有离开岗位
but in the morning, they were both gone.
但是到了早上,他们都不见了
Vanished into thin air.
凭空消失了
I only ran because I know it makes no sense.
因为我知道这很不合常理所以我才逃跑的
The Sheik was my responsibility.
保护酋长是我的职责
If you turn me over,
如果你们把我遣送回国
I'll be lucky to be buried with my head.
身首能被埋在一起都算是走运的了
We can't promise you anything.
我们不能保证任何事
But the NYPD can petition the DA for lenience
但是纽约警局可以向地检官求情
and refugee status for helpful witnesses.
以证人身份为你申请到难民资格
Hold up. You're buying this?
等等,你相信他的话吗
I said earlier this case was a Gordian knot.
我之前就说了这个案子是个难题
This man has just given us a sword with which to cut it.
这个人刚刚为我们提供了解谜题的工具
When he says the Sheik and his courtesan vanished into thin air,
他说酋长和他的妓女凭空消失了
I believe him.
我相信他
I also think I know where they materialized.
我想我也知道了他们是在哪里出现的
This is from BeeCircuit.Com.
这是蜂流网上的
It's a thread about the evolution of leafcutter bees.
关于切叶蜂的进化的讨论
Why are you showing this to me?
为什么要给我看这个
Page four,
第四页
post 103.
第103条帖子
You'll see the moment that you decided to lure
也就是你决定把纳赛尔·阿法伊德酋长
Sheik Nasser Al-Fayed to the United States.
诱骗到美国来的那个时候
You proposed a meeting in person.
你提议要面对面谈
This? This was just me being nice.
就这个,我这是出于礼貌
So nice he invited you to tour his hives in Al Qasr.
以至于他都邀请你去参观他在阿喀斯尔的蜂巢了
"I'll fly you in. Ticket for one.
"我请你坐飞机来,但只限一人
You can't bring your husband."
不能带你的丈夫来"
I turned him down in the next post.
我下一条就回绝了他
Probably because you knew it would be easier
可能是因为你知道让他远离家乡
to abduct and ransom him here, away from his family compound.
在这里把他绑架并索要赎金会容易一些
What? Three nights ago, he disappeared,
什么,三天前,他失踪了
shortly after his guards let a prostitute,
当时他的保镖让一个和你很像的妓女
matching your description, into his hotel suite.
进了他的房间,不久后他就失踪了
Please tell me you didn't ask me to come here
你们不会因为我在留言板上受到了
just because I got some unwanted attention on a message board.
不好的关注就把我叫来这里了吧
You gave as good as you got. Privately, of course.
你也做出了回应,当然是私下的
I'm friendly with the moderator of BeeCircuit.Com.
我跟蜂流网的版主关系不错
You deleted your private messages,
你删除了你的私人消息
but he was able to dredge these
不过他从服务器上
off the server.
又找回来了这些
There are hundreds of messages.
有好几百条消息
A dozen invitations to New York.
你邀请他来美国多达数十次
You even dyed your hair blonde
你知道了他的喜好后
after you found out that's what he likes.
甚至把你的头发染成了金色
You were quite eager to show off your new look.
你迫不及待地想让他看看你的新样子
No.
I...
actually hadn't seen these.
真的没见过这些
But I was aware of them.
不过我知道
Tara told me about the... flirtation.
塔拉跟我说过,调情的事
But that's-that's all in the past now.
不过那都是过去的事了
Our relationship is great.
我们现在的感情很好
Really?
真的吗
Yeah. We just booked a second honeymoon in Vietnam.
是的,我们刚刚预订了去越南第二次度蜜月
A non-extradition country. How heartwarming.
一个没有引渡条例的国家,真让人感动
And all it took to bring you closer together
而增进你们感情的代价
was a kidnapping and an attempted murder.
就是绑架和蓄意谋杀
So Griffin is in on it with me?
这么说格里芬是我的同伙了
Someone had to work the winch. What winch?
有人得控制曲柄,什么曲柄
The one that was attached to the balcony railing
就是酋长房间上面
above the Sheik's room.
阳台栏杆上的那个
Someone had to work it to haul you both up,
有人得用它把你们两个拉起来
away from Nasser's guards.
从而躲过纳赛尔的保镖
It wasn't the third member of your cabal, Everett Keck.
不是另一个同伙埃弗雷特·凯克所为
He'd been murdered the day before.
之前一天,他就被谋杀了
The guy who killed all those bees?
就是那个杀死蜜蜂的人吗
Oh, so we're part of that thing now, too?
这么说那件事也是我们干的了
Your online seduction was not sufficient.
你在网上的引诱还不够
The Sheik was unwilling to leave his kingdom.
酋长不想舍弃他的国家
So, knowing that his first passion was bees,
所以,当你得知他的第一爱好是蜜蜂后
you set in motion an apiary apocalypse.
你就开始谋划一场蜜蜂大屠杀
Everett Keck caused a spike in CCD so drastic
埃弗雷特·凯克突然引起了蜂群崩坏症候群
that the Sheik had no choice but to come to your summit.
以至于酋长别无选择,只能来参加峰会
Killing bees to lure an oddball Sheik.
通过杀死蜜蜂来引诱这个古怪的酋长
Really?
不是吧
I admit, it's a plan almost too deranged
我承认,这个计划太离谱了
to describe out loud, and yet...
你都不好意思说出来,不过
it worked.
真的有用
Eventually.
最终成功了
Only real speed bump was Calvin Barnes.
只是最大的麻烦是加尔文·巴尼斯
He was catching on to Keck,
他一直跟着凯克
so while Keck alibied himself in Connecticut,
所以当凯克去了康涅狄格州时
you ambushed Barnes in his home,
你就突然出现在巴尼斯家
and shot him up with potassium chloride
给他注射了氯化钾
to give him a heart attack.
从而引起心脏病
I've never seen that man before.
我以前从没见过这个人
And I didn't do any of the things you say I did.
而且你们说的事我一件都没做过
You should know we've got you and your husband on video,
你要知道我们有录像,上面显示你和你丈夫
checking into the Sheik's hotel the night he disappeared.
在酋长失踪当晚,去了他的酒店
We know you were in the room right above him.
我们知道你们就在他楼上的房间
And we found damage to the railing
而且我们也找到了栏杆上
where the winch was attached.
曲柄损坏的痕迹
You've gone back to your natural color.
你把头发又染回了原来的颜色
Did you do that after the kidnapping
是在绑架之后
to avoid being identified?
怕被认出来吗
Has anyone tried calling him?
你们给他打过电话吗
Has anyone tried calling who?
给谁打电话
The Sheik.
酋长
I mean, sure,
是的
Griffin and I were at the same hotel.
格里芬和我当时跟他在同一家酒店
That's not a crime.
但这不犯法
You've obviously done a lot of work here.
很显然你们已经调查了很多
But has anyone actually talked to Nasser?
可是你们跟纳赛尔谈过吗
Kidnapped men are difficult to get hold of.
很难联系上被绑架过的人
Well, I think you should keep trying.
我觉得你们应该多试试
In fact, I think you should try right now.
事实上,我觉得你们现在就应该试一下
Maybe you could spare yourself any more embarrassment.
或许这能让你们少丢些脸面
The United Arab Emirates
阿拉伯联合酋长国
and their spokesman, Mr. Al Shamsi,
以及他们的发言人阿沙姆希先生
would like us to know that Sheik Nasser is resting
告诉我们纳赛尔酋长正在他
on his plane home and is unavailable for questioning.
回家的飞机上休息,不能接受问话
They paid the ransom.
他们付了赎金
But they're claiming he was never taken.
不过他们声称他没被绑架过
Why?
为什么
Because if word gets out they negotiate with kidnappers,
因为如果他们跟绑匪谈判的事被传了出去
it'll be open season on their people.
他们的人就都会成为绑匪的目标
Cheaper in the long run
从长远来看
to pretend none of this ever happened.
假装这事没发生过对他们来说比较省钱
Not to mention less embarrassing.
更不用说还能少丢些人
They also said this was the last time they'd take any of my calls.
他们也说了这是最后一次接我电话
Perhaps it's time to involve DHS.
或许是时候去找国土安全部了
See if we can get a warrant to seek out any large transfers
看看我们能不能弄到一张搜查令,以便查查
emanating from Al Qasr.
从阿喀斯尔转出的大额汇款
We may be able to tell whether the Parkers secured their bounty
我们或许可以得知帕克夫妇是否通过
in Switzerland or the Cayman Islands. Why?
瑞士或开曼群岛的账户收到了赎金,为什么
Justice? I'm familiar with the concept,
为了正义,道理我懂
but it's gonna be difficult to prosecute a crime
不过连受害者都不承认发生过犯罪
where the victim is gonna swear it didn't take place.
恐怕很难起诉这些罪犯
They didn't just kidnap the Sheik.
他们不光绑架了酋长
There's Calvin Barnes, the bees...
还杀了加尔文·巴尼斯,那些蜜蜂
Then get me some proof of any of it.
那就拿出证据来
'Cause as it stands now, I got to cut the Parkers loose.
因为根据目前的情况,我得放了帕克夫妇
If you do, they'll be on the next flight to Haiphong.
如果你放了,他们会立马坐飞机去海防(越南城市)
Then you better hurry.
那你最好快点了
'Cause I got no choice.
因为这由不得我
Okay, those are not evidence.
那些可不是证据
Aren't they?
不是吗
Of low self-esteem? Definitely. Of a crime...?
证明缺乏自尊,没问题,但要证明罪案...
What did the lab have to say about the stray hairs found
在加尔文·巴尼斯家找到的头发
at Calvin Barnes's home?
实验室有什么发现吗
Most of them belonged to his wife, a few to the dog,
大部分是他太太的,有几根是狗身上的
and there was one that was not a match for anyone.
但有一根没确定是谁的
It was dyed blonde. Just like Tara Parker's hair.
被染成了金色,就像塔拉·帕克的头发
She was there the night he was attacked.
他被袭击那晚她也在场
I would say we should get a DNA sample to confirm,
我觉得我们应该拿DNA样本确认一下
but what would be the point?
不过何必多此一举呢
When there's no proof that a crime was committed,
在没有证据表明发生了罪案的时候
and as far as the world is concerned,
全世界都认为
Calvin Barnes just had a heart attack.
加尔文·巴尼斯只是心脏病发了而已
And as far as Sheik Nasser is concerned, he was never kidnapped.
至于纳赛尔酋长,他认为自己从未被绑架过
The Parkers have a knack for committing crimes
帕克夫妇很善于把罪案伪装成
that cannot be identified as such.
发生了意外的样子
Probably why they're gonna spend the rest of their days
也许正因为如此他们才得以在
sipping drinks on a Vietnamese beach.
越南海滩上喝着饮料度过接下来的数日
They're not good-- they're lucky. I don't disagree.
他们不是有本事,只是走运,我不否认
Otherwise Everett Keck would still be alive,
否则埃弗雷特·凯克也不会死
and they'd have to split their money three ways.
他们就得把钱分成三份
As it is, they get to keep the whole pot.
现在,他们可以全部占为己有
You're not seriously gonna leave those up all night.
你不会真准备把照片放在那一整晚吧
Everett Keck.
埃弗雷特·凯克
The day he died, he was wearing a T-shirt that said,
他死的那天,穿的T恤上印有
"Buddhists do it to attain Inner Peace."
"佛教徒用此来获得内心宁静"
So?
所以呢
His autopsy report also revealed he'd taken Viagra the night before.
他的尸检报告显示他死前一晚服用过伟哥
Okay, I'll bite.
好吧,我就问了
What does Buddhism have to do with erectile dysfunction?
佛教跟勃起功能障碍有什么关系
If I'm right, Watson, everything we want it to.
如果我想得没错,华生,它们的关系大了
Mrs. Parker, do you understand your rights
帕克夫人,他们跟你说明了你的权利
as they've been read to you?
你都明白了吗
Yes.
是的
What I understand is that you're desperate.
我明白你们现在很绝望
Griff and I leave for our trip tonight.
格里夫和我今晚就出发去旅行了
You want to try to delay us.
你们就是想拖延我们
It's funny you should mention Griff.
真有意思你提起了格里夫
He's the reason we're here.
他正是我们前来的原因
He gave you up this morning.
今早他把你供出来了
Sure, he did.
那是当然
You don't believe us?
你不相信我们吗
I know how this works.
我知道你们的小伎俩
Right now, some other cop is arresting him,
此时此刻,有其他警察在逮捕他
saying I gave him up.
还说我把他供出来了
You want us to turn against each other, but we won't.
你们想要离间我俩,但我们不会的
We didn't do anything.
我们什么都没做
But you did, as a matter of fact.
但事实上,你们有
You both got Master's Degrees.
你们都拿到了硕士学位
What are you talking about?
你在说什么呢
Well, you both have your degrees in Agriculture.
你俩都拿到了农业学位
But this scarlet academic hood that you're wearing
但你穿的这件红色学术袍
denotes a degree in Theology.
代表的是神学学位
It belongs to your lover, Everett Keck.
它属于你的情人,埃弗雷特·凯克
Like many a Theology major,
跟很多学神学的人一样
Keck ultimately had to find work in another field.
凯克最终也不得不在其他领域找工作
So he put his minor in Entomology to good use,
于是他利用了他辅修的昆虫学
joining the USDA.
加入了农业部
Your husband knew you were sending
你丈夫知道你给纳赛尔酋长
racy pictures to Sheik Nasser.
发艳照
He was okay with that.
他并不介意
What he wasn't okay with
但他看不顺眼的是
was you taking this one at Keck's house,
你是在凯克家拍的这张
wearing Keck's robe.
还穿着他的学术袍
Until this morning, he'd never taken a good look at this.
在今天早上以前,他从没仔细看过这照片
But when we were able to procure this very robe
但当我们给他看从凯克家里找出的这件衣服
from Keck's residence, along with dyed blonde hairs
以及从他浴室和床上找到的
from his shower and bed,
染成金色的头发
Griff became quite talkative.
格里夫就不再沉默了
You got away with kidnapping the Sheik.
绑架酋长最后被你逃脱了
You won't get away with what you did to Calvin Barnes.
但你对加尔文·巴尼斯的所为,你逃不掉的
Or millions of bees.
或是对蜜蜂的所为
I don't understand.
这我就不懂了
You're giving this back?
你要把这个还给我
I can't take the promotion, Pat.
我不能接受升职,派特
I'm grateful-- to you,
我非常感激你
to the Commissioner-- it's just not right for me.
还有局长,但这不适合我
Not right now.
现在还不行
Tommy, offers like this don't come around every day.
汤米,这样的机会不是每天都有的
I get that.
我明白
And I get that one may not come my way again.
我也知道也许我再也遇不到这样的机会了
But the truth is,
但事实是
the 11th is where I want to be.
我就想待在第十一分局
Youngest detective in the history of the 14th Squad.
十四队历史上最年轻的警探
Head of Major Case at 40.
四十岁就成了重案组的头儿
Lacks ambition?
缺乏野心吗
Am I missing something?
我还漏掉什么了吗
My ambition's being met.
我的野心已经实现了
Right here.
就在这里
I guess you're right.
看来你是对的
I should take this back.
我该把这个拿回去
Moves like this, Tommy-- people coming, people going--
这样的决定,汤米,人事调动
they get made two ways:
通常有两种可能的目的
Sometimes it's the carrot, sometimes it's the stick.
有时它是奖励,有时它是惩罚
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
你这话是什么意思
It means I've been around a long time.
我是说我在这待了很久
I think I know a lifeboat when I see one.
看到救生船时我一眼就知道
Are you saying somebody wants me off this desk?
你是说有人想要我离开
I just know that this came from on high.
我只知道这是上头做出的决定
It was something that was supposed to happen.
本来是由不得你拒绝的
Why?
为什么
Maybe there are problems in the 11th you don't know about.
也许十一分局有些你不知道的问题
Maybe Ann Vescey has more friends than you do.
也许安·瓦西比你更有人脉
Or maybe I'm just wrong.
也可能是我错了
It has been known to happen.
这事没法避免
Be happy here, Tommy.
好好享受吧,汤米
Just... don't be comfortable.
但是,别掉以轻心

重点单词   查看全部解释    
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
offhand ['ɔ:f'hænd]

想一想再看

adj. 即时的,即席的,无准备的 adv. 即时地,即

联想记忆
rude [ru:d]

想一想再看

adj. 粗鲁的,无礼的
adj. 粗糙

 
plane [plein]

想一想再看

adj. 平的,与飞机有关的
n. 飞机,水平

 
vulnerable ['vʌlnərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 易受伤害的,有弱点的

联想记忆
gifted ['giftid]

想一想再看

adj. 有天赋的,有才华的

 
diplomat ['dipləmæt]

想一想再看

adj. 外交官,外交家 n. 外交家

 
devoid [di'vɔid]

想一想再看

adj. 全无的,缺乏的

联想记忆
panic ['pænik]

想一想再看

n. 恐慌
adj. 惊慌的
vt.

联想记忆
ownership ['əunəʃip]

想一想再看

n. 所有权

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。