Previously on Elementary...
《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情提要
Hannah, the guy laid hands on you.
汉娜,那家伙伤害了你
I am not nine years old anymore, Dad.
我已经不是九岁小孩了,爸爸
I want to be promoted just as bad as the next cop,
我跟其他警察一样都渴望晋升
and I'm not just talking about Detective.
不仅仅是升到警探
I want to be Captain someday, like you.
我想有一天跟你一样,当上警监
But it's never gonna happen if people look at me
但如果大家都拿我当受害者看待
and they see "Victim."
那我永远都晋升不了
Watson, you still over there?
华生,你还在那吗
Yes, I'm still here,
对,我还在
because I can't go home, because of you.
因为我不能回家,就因为你
Why did you bring the bees in the house anyway?
你为什么要把蜜蜂弄到家里呢
Varroa mites are a pernicious threat to the colony.
蜂螨对蜜蜂种群是致命的威胁
I intended a thorough inspection,
我准备进行一次彻底的检查
as well as an application of baker's sugar
并且用糖作为
as a preventative measure.
预防措施
My thoughts were concerned with colony collapse.
我只顾着担心它们的种群会坍塌
I failed to see the more urgent threat
没能注意到更紧急的
of table collapse.
桌子坍塌的威胁
Wait a second.
等等
You're not talking about my table, are you?
你不是在说我的桌子吧
The one that I bought for my apartment?
我从我公寓搬来的那张
Two hours should be sufficient to return the hive to stasis.
两个小时就够让蜂巢回归平静了
I'll be in touch.
我会再跟你联系的
Do you have a roommate?
你有室友吗
Nah.
没有
Don't get one. Ever.
别找室友,永远别找
Trouble in paradise?
家里出事了吗
Well, nothing a good exterminator couldn't solve.
没事,没有用杀虫剂解决不了的问题
Tonight still a good night to talk?
今晚可以聊聊吗
Yeah, let's just get out of here.
可以,只要离开这里就行
I need coffee that wasn't made by a cop.
我想来一杯不是警察做的咖啡
Three neighborhood drugstores,
三家社区药店
all in my precinct,
都在我的辖区里
all robbed in the last month.
上周都被抢劫了
None of the stores had security cameras
这些药店都没有安保摄像头
but all the robberies took place
但所有的劫案都发生在
right when the owners were closing up for the night.
晚上店主要打烊的时候
Descriptions of the perps match in all three,
三起案子的嫌疑人描述相符
and also, they only took prescription pills.
而且他们只拿处方药
High street value. Oxy, hydrocodone.
街头价格很高,奥施康定,氢可酮
Sounds like it was all done by the same crew.
听起来像是同一伙人干的
I've been re-interviewing witnesses,
我一直在重新询问目击者
putting in extra hours,
加班加点
keeping an eye on the other stores.
留意其他的药店
But, uh... I'm not making much headway.
但我没什么进展
Is there a detective on this case?
这个案子有警探负责吗
Hanford.
汉福德
I'm not trying to step on his toes, I'm...
我不想越界,我...
I don't want to be disrespectful, but...
我不想表现得不尊重,但...
...but his plate's kind of full right now.
但他还有很多别的事
It's my neighborhood.
那是我负责的社区
My partner and I, we...
我跟我的搭档
we have to look these people
我们每天都会
in the eye every day.
见到这些人
They're scared.
他们很害怕
It would, it would mean a lot to them--
如果我能破了这个案子
a lot to me-- if I could bring this one home.
这对他们和我都意义重大
All right.
好吧
I'll take a look.
我会查一下的
Um, I'll let you know if anything comes up.
有发现我就告诉你
I know it's late here.
我知道很晚了
Uh, well, you wanted to go to school out west, no?
不是你自己想去西部念书的吗
Or is it just that I'm keeping you from a party?
还是我打扰你参加派对了
Hey, I'm-I'm sorry.
喂,抱歉
Yeah, some drunk and he almost hit me.
对,有人喝多了差点撞到我
No, no, no, no, I'm fine, I'm fine.
不不不,我没事,我没事
I guess the bars must be letting out.
我估计是酒吧开始打烊了
What the hell?
搞什么鬼
Hey, man, what's wrong?
喂,伙计,怎么了
Let's go.
走吧
What a drunk idiot.
真是个喝多的白痴
I tell you, man...
我跟你说,伙计
you had an angel looking out for you tonight.
你今晚真是遇到守护天使了
You said you knew this guy.
你说你认识这个人
I was an admirer.
我是仰慕他
Garrison Boyd was president
加里森·博伊德是
of the Five Boroughs Skeptics Association.
五区无神论协会的主席
He was a debunker of the highest order.
他是最高指示的揭露者
He was a bright light of reason
他是轻信和魔幻想法的
in a sea of gullibility and magical thought.
大海中的一束理智之光
He was a professional doubter.
他是个专业的怀疑者
Of...?
怀疑什么
Pseudoscience, the paranormal,
伪科学,超自然理念
organized religion-- all the usual bollocks.
有组织的宗教,所有常见的鬼话
He wrote a blog that I rather enjoyed.
他写了一个我非常欣赏的博客
Did he believe in crowbars?
他信仰撬棍吗
'Cause I'm pretty sure
因为我非常确定
that's what caved his skull in.
就是那东西敲进了他的颅骨
You put the time of death at approximately one hour
你说死亡时间大约是他的车被发现前
before his car was found.
一个小时
I'm guessing whoever killed him
我猜杀他的人
was hoping that the impact of the train
是希望火车的撞击
would hide the real cause of death.
能掩盖真正的死因
It says here you removed
这里说你从他
a small, conical object from beneath his right eye socket.
右眼眶下找到了一个小小的锥形物体
After he was struck, he fell forward.
他被攻击之后向前倒下
This got wedged under his eye on the way down.
倒下时这东西插进了他的眼睛下方
Don't know what it is, yet,
还不知道这是什么
but I'm sending it to the lab.
但我正要把它送到实验室去
It's the tip of a hat.
这是帽子的尖顶
You are familiar with the vile practice
你对那些可耻的草坪装饰物
of lawn ornamentation?
熟悉吗
The worst offenders employ garden gnomes,
最可怕的人会用园艺小矮人
yea big, white beards...
留着白色的大胡子
Pointy red hats.
尖尖的红帽子
If he wasn't so dead,
如果他没死
I suspect Mr. Boyd would find it ironic
我觉得博伊德先生会觉得
that a diminutive wood spirit
一个小木人的灵魂参与了他的谋杀
played a role in his murder.
这件事很讽刺
He was particularly aggressive in his pursuit of those
他在职业生涯中对那些靠骗术谋利的人
who sought to profit from their hoaxes,
非常不客气
so... perhaps his persistence
所以也许他的坚持
is the reason he now lies here.
就是他现在躺在这里的原因
You really think being debunked is a reason to kill somebody?
你真的觉得被人揭露了会成为杀人的理由吗
Some of the most aggressive correspondence on his Web site
他网站上最具攻击性的回复
came from local ghost tour operators,
来自本地的幽灵之行发起人
hawkers of phony medical cures...
卖假药的饲鹰者
I think one recent expose target
我觉得最近一个被揭露的目标
might have not so much a reasonable motive for murder
也许不会把谋杀的合理动机
as a lower standard for committing one.
当做犯案的最低标准
'Cause he's almost certainly insane.
因为他基本已经疯了
I won't pretend that Mr. Boyd and I
我不会否认我和博伊德先生
didn't have a contentious relationship.
经常争吵的事实
He took issue with the church on more than one occasion.
他动不动就对教堂发难
You mean, he took issue with your cult.
你是说他对你的邪教发难
He misused that term, as well.
他也误用了那个词
That's just the kind of rigid, closed-minded thinking
那真是我在这里布道所反对的
that I preach against here.
狭隘的死脑筋
At one time or another,
时代不同
every great religion has been attacked as a cult.
所有伟大的宗教都被当作邪教攻击
So have most cults.
大部分邪教也是这样
Excuse me for a minute, would you?
稍等我一下行吗
Where are you...?
你要去...
Look, the victim published almost two dozen
受害者在发表了几篇
threatening responses you sent him,
批评教堂的招募方式的文章后
after he posted a few articles
公开了二十多条
criticizing the church's recruitment methods.
你发给他的恐吓回复
Well, I have the right to respond,
我有权利回复
if somebody publishes lies about what we're trying to do here.
如果有人在歪曲我们所做的事的话
You told Mr. Boyd that his attacks had
你告诉博伊德先生他的批评
begun a chain reaction that would lead to
会造成连锁反应并引起
"His removal from this physical reality."
"他从这个世界上的消失"
We meditate here.
我们在这里冥想
We practice energy transference.
我们练习能量转移
So when I wrote to him, I was merely
所以在我给他留言的时候
absorbing his hateful energy
我完全是吸收他的负能量
and reflecting it back.
然后再反射回去
Did I harm him physically? No.
我对他造成身体伤害了吗,没有
Did I appeal to the Quantum Source
我到量子源头寻求
for swift and final justice? Perhaps.
快速的最终正义了吗,也许吧
In other words, you prayed for the guy to die.
换句话说,你祈祷那个人去死
That's not a crime, is it?
这不算犯罪吧
So we're done here.
我们谈完了
The church held a 12-hour service last night.
教堂昨晚进行了十二小时的活动
Attendance was mandatory,
所有人强制出席
so no one here could have killed Garrison Boyd.
所以这里没人能杀加里森·博伊德
We're just taking your new friend's word for it?
我们要相信你的新朋友的话吗
Her name is Aria. And yes, we are.
她叫阿利娅,而且是的,我们信她
When it became clear that this one
但我意识到这个人除了劝诱改宗
would do little more than proselytize,
不会干别的的时候
I scanned his herd and realized that Aria
我扫视了一下他的教徒并意识到
was having second thoughts about being here.
阿利娅对待在这里有另外的想法
Aria's a Level Three Conduit.
阿利娅是三级导师
After a brief conversation with Aria,
和阿利娅进行过一次简短交谈后
AKA Elizabeth Weinberg,
其实她真名是伊丽莎白·温伯格
I was able to determine
我确信
that some unresolved issues from her childhood
她童年一些未解的心结
had led to a transference of a need for structure
导致了她对芬恩先生打造的规则
and discipline onto Mr. Finn.
和结构的移情
Elizabeth agreed, and has forthwith terminated
伊丽莎白同意,并已经终止了
her relationship with your church.
自己和教会的关系
What?
什么
So wait a second.
等一下
Are you saying you deprogrammed her?
你是说你改造了她
I would never use such a rigid and closed-minded term.
我可不会用这样一个僵化而闭塞的术语
She did, however, share some useful information
虽然她确实和我交流了一些
on the church's methods.
关于教会运行方式上的一些有用信息
Apparently, their esteemed leader
显然,他们令人尊敬的领袖
likes to send his acolytes out
喜欢派出助手
to follow, photograph and harass people
跟踪,偷拍,骚扰
who dare to criticize him.
那些异见者
So she's currently in your office,
所以她现在正在你的办公室里
e-mailing me the dossier you compiled on Garrison Boyd.
给我发你为加里森·博伊德编写的档案
I'm hopeful it will, uh, shed some additional light
我希望这会给案件的侦破
on his final days.
带来一些曙光
Ms. Weinberg is leaving with us.
温伯格小姐会和我们一起离开
Any attempt to hinder her return to her former life
任何强迫她回到教会的行为
will be met with an energy transference most unpleasant.
都会面临着最不友好的能量转移
Joan.
乔恩
Heard you were helping Hannah with something.
听说你最近在帮汉娜的忙
Yeah, there's been some robberies in her precinct.
是啊,她所在的分局最近有些劫案
She wants to help.
她想帮点忙
You sure it's not a bother?
希望不会打扰到你
No, not at all.
不会的
I got into it this morning
我今早开始跟进的
and now I'm helping Sherlock
现在来帮夏洛克
with this homicide he's working.
处理他在调查的凶杀案
Just make sure she knows
一定要让她知道
whose consultant you really are.
你的主业在哪边
All right.
我会的
So when were you going to inform me
你打算什么时候知会我
that we're assisting Hannah Gregson on a case?
我们正在为汉娜·格雷森的案子提供帮助
You could hear all that?
这你都能听见
We aren't helping her, okay?
不是我们
I am.
只有我
And it's not a secret.
这也不是什么秘密
I'm just gonna run down a lead or two.
我只是准备查一两个线索
It shouldn't take too much time.
不会占用很多时间的
It took time this morning.
今早就占用时间了
So is this everything from the church?
所以这就是教堂得到的所有东西吗
It is a testament to the insidiousness of cult thinking:
这是对邪教思想之阴险的证明
A charismatic loon like Finn warps impressionable minds
像芬恩这样充满魅力的狂人扭曲易受影响的心灵
and then sends them to stalk and harass.
并让他们进行跟踪和骚扰
And here I thought they just sold flowers at the airport.
我还以为他们只是在机场里卖花呢
I find the practice repulsive,
我本来对这种行为是很排斥的
but in this case, it may have played in our favor.
但是这个案件里,可能对我们大有助益
Two cult members were assigned
这两名邪教成员在博伊德
to Garrison Boyd in the weeks before his murder.
被谋杀的前几周被指派去跟踪他
Thanks to their long lenses and meticulous
感谢他们的高清长镜头
note-taking, we may have a person of interest...
和仔细记录,我们现在有了第一个嫌疑人
a man by the name of Collin Eisely.
叫做科林·艾斯利
I'm sorry,
很抱歉
I need to catch up a little, here.
我需要点时间消化一下
Have I been under police surveillance?
我已经被警方监控了吗
No, those were taken by someone who was interested in that man,
不,拍照片的人是对画面中的这位先生有兴趣
Garrison Boyd.
加里森·博伊德
We have hundreds of photographs of him,
我们有上百张他的照片
in all manner of activities,
包括各种各样的活动
Those, however, are the only ones
这些照片拍下了他唯一一次
where he appears to be in heated altercation with a man
与一个男人发生了激烈冲突
two days before he was murdered.
就在他被杀前两天
This guy was murdered?
这人被杀了
Last night.
昨晚的事
Do you want to tell us how you knew him?
你还不打算告诉我们你怎么认识他的吗
I didn't.
我不认识
Uh... the day these were taken,
拍这些照片的那天
he was waiting for me outside my building.
他一直在我房子外面等我
I'd never seen him before.
我之前没有见过他
I'm confused.
我有点糊涂了
Does being accosted by a lunatic make me a murder suspect?
被一个疯子搭话就让我成了一桩谋杀案的嫌犯了
Well, that depends on why he accosted you.
这取决于他为什么找你搭话
I'm in real estate.
我是做房地产的
Late last year, I looked
去年年底
at some beach properties out on Long Island.
我在长岛海岸看中了一些房产
I made this woman an offer on her house, she said no.
我跟一个女人开价收购她的房子,她拒绝了
A few months later,
几个月之后
this nut comes out of the woodwork
这个神经病冒出来
and accuses me of trying to scare her into moving.
指控我恐吓她搬家
Scare her how?
怎么恐吓她
According to him,
根据他的说法
she was hearing things in her house.
她总在房子里听到声音
Voices, banging, I don't know.
人声,敲击声什么的,我也不太清楚
She thought it was ghosts, he thought it was me.
她以为是闹鬼,而他以为是我在搞鬼
Was it?
是你吗
Of course not.
当然不是
She didn't want to sell, I moved on-- end of story.
她不想买,我就放弃了,仅此而已
I see you've amassed, um,
我看到你拥有大量的
quite an art collection here, Mr. Eisely.
艺术珍藏,艾斯利先生
That's an interest that requires a great deal of money
这样的爱好可要花费不小的财力
and a very competitive spirit.
和执着的竞争意识
I imagine you're not the sort of person
我可不觉得您是那种
who takes "No" for an answer very often.
轻言放弃的人
I'm also not the sort
但我也不没有低劣到
who goes around scaring little old ladies.
要使用恐吓女人这种卑劣的手段
Can you tell us where you were last night
你能告诉我们昨晚
between the hours of 10:00 P.M. and midnight?
十点钟到午夜你在哪里吗
At a retirement party for a friend.
在我一个朋友的退休聚会上
A few of us went out for drinks after that.
我们几个人之后出去喝酒了
I'll get you their names and numbers.
我去给你们找那几个人的姓名和联系方式
If that guy was interested in the property,
如果这个人对那处地产感兴趣
there's a possibility that other developers were, too.
没准还有其他人也一样
You're wondering if one of them gaslit the owner,
你在想会不会有其他人吓唬了房主
then killed Boyd, lest he expose them?
杀了博伊德,以免事情败露
Makes more sense than ghosts, doesn't it?
这说法可比鬼怪靠谱多了,不是吗
Well, I wouldn't say "Ghosts," plural.
我知道鬼魂只有一个
It was my husband, Harry.
那是我丈夫,哈利
I know because I heard him.
我知道是因为我听到了他的声音
He was talking to me.
他在和我说话
Your husband passed away...?
你丈夫去世了...
Oh, coming up on a year now.
到今天差不多快一年了
We know that Colin Eisely made an offer
我听说科林·艾斯利几个月前
on the house a few months ago.
想收购你的房子
Did anyone else approach you?
还有其他人有这个意向吗
Yes, once, but-but that was almost 20 years go.
还有一次,不过差不多是二十年前了
I don't think that company is even in business now.
我都不确定那家公司现在还在不在了
Did you tell anyone else about the voices you were hearing?
你告诉过其他人你听到说话声吗
Only my daughter.
只有我女儿
She was the one who called that poor man, Mr. Boyd.
就是她给可怜的博伊德先生打了电话
And she wanted him to convince me that I was imagining things.
她想让他来说服我一切都只是我的幻觉
She has such a literal mind.
她太一根经了
I've always told her she should be more open.
我总是告诉她该相信各种可能性
So she didn't hear the voice.
所以她没听见过说话声
And she never heard any of Harry's tantrums, either.
她也从来没有感受过哈利的怒气
Tantrums?
怒气
He knocked some glasses
他曾经摔碎了橱柜那边的
out of that cabinet there.
几个杯子
Lights flickered.
有时候电灯闪烁
Sometimes, he shook the whole house.
有时候他让整个房子都震动了
Oh, he was angry, and he was letting me know.
他生气了,故意要让我知道
And why would he have been angry?
他为什么会生气
Sometimes we had an open marriage.
我们的婚姻在有些时候是很开放的
Other times we didn't.
另外一些时候则并不是
And when we didn't,
不过在不该开放的时候
I did some things that I never told him about.
我做了一些不想让他知道的事情
And now that he's dead,
现在他已经去世
he knows everything.
什么都知道了
That's quite a one-two punch, isn't it?
这可真是一连串的打击
Discovering you're dead and a cuckold.
先是失去了性命,又发现自己戴了绿帽子
It doesn't bother me that you don't believe me.
信不信由你,我无所谓
I fear that I, too, may be cursed with a literal mind.
恐怕我和您女儿一样一根经
If, however, you are not experiencing delusions,
但如果你所经历的不是幻觉
it may be possible that someone is trying
有可能是有人
to take advantage of you.
想利用你
You said Harry spoke to you-- what did he say?
你说哈利曾和你说话,他说什么了
I have it on tape.
我录下来了
You could listen for yourself.
你们可以自己听听
The clearest I ever heard Harry's voice was
我在这下面的时候
when I was down here,
哈利的声音听得最清楚
so I started leaving my tape recorder on all the time.
所以我开始一直开着录音机
You have to turn the volume all the way up to hear his voice.
要把声音开大才能听到
"Imm huh-rahn"?
"一母哈让"
No, no.
不不不
He's saying a name.
他说的是个名字
Jim Harmon.
吉姆·哈蒙
That's the man I had the affair with.
就是我外遇的对象
Harry really shook the whole house that night.
那晚哈利震怒了,整个房子都跟着颤抖
And then he started yelling Jim's name.
之后他就开始咆哮吉姆的名字
Well, do you still think I'm imagining things?
现在你还认为一切都是我的想象吗
I apologize, Mrs. Renziger.
很抱歉,瑞辛格夫人
You most certainly are not.
你肯定没有产生幻觉
You mentioned that some glasses were knocked
你提到过楼上壁橱里面
off the cabinet upstairs.
有些杯子掉落下来
That cabinet rests against this wall, yes?
那个壁橱就在这面墙的后面,对吧
Yes, the living room is right above it.
是的,上面就是客厅
How well do you know your neighbors?
你了解你的邻居吗
Jerry and Paula?
杰瑞和宝拉吗
They moved in here about the same time as I did.
他们是和我一起搬进来的
But they're snowbirds.
但是他们是季度迁徙者
They won't be back from Florida for a few more weeks.
他们还有好几周才会从弗罗里达回来呢
Oh, uh, good neighbors often exchange keys.
友好的邻居们总是会给对方门钥匙
Are you a good neighbor, Mrs. Renziger?
你是个好邻居吗,瑞辛格夫人
The voice on the recording did not say "Jim Harmon,"
录音上面说的并不是"吉姆·哈蒙"
it said "Im haram."
他说的是"老子累死了"
It's a common Arabic obscenity.
那是句通俗的阿拉伯脏话
So you think that voice was coming
所以你认为那个声音
from all the way over here in the neighbor's basement.
是从这么远的邻居地下室里传出来的
No, I think someone shortened the distance considerably.
不,我认为有人把这个距离变短了
Along with the voice, I heard a distinct banging
除了人声,我还听到了清晰的敲击声
and a low rumbling frequency on the recording.
还有一些低沉规律的隆隆声
That, along with the rest of Mrs. Renziger's account,
那个,再加上瑞辛格夫人的其他叙述
the, uh, vibrations, the flickering lights,
震动,忽闪的灯光
all suggest that someone was employing
都说明有人正在
digging equipment near the foundation of her home.
她房子的地基附近使用挖掘设备
There were no signs of digging outside,
但是在外面没看到有挖掘的迹象
So you think it was all happening down here?
所以你认为是在这里挖的
Is that a tunnel?
那是个地道吗
With a termination point
并且终点就在瑞辛格夫人家
somewhere near the foundation of Mrs. Renziger's home.
地基的附近
Why would someone do all this,
为什么这么做
dig from this basement to hers?
从这个地下室挖到她家地下室
I know a way to find out.
我有个办法能知道
Did you find anything?
你发现什么了吗
I have, indeed.
我确实有所发现
Mrs. Renziger was not visited by her husband's ghost.
造访瑞辛格夫人并不是她丈夫的鬼魂
She may, however, have been visited by terrorists.
但或许是一些恐怖分子
Meet "Ruby."
和"露比"打个招呼吧
She's a transatlantic data cable.
她是根跨大西洋数据电缆
The fastest in the world
全世界最快的
and a backbone of the North American Internet.
并且是北美网络的主心骨
She looks like a garden hose.
她看上去就像是花园里面的水管
It's a curse of the modern age
这就是现代社会的诅咒
that very significant things appear common place.
这么重要的东西都随处可见
Now, Ruby is one of several undersea cables
露比是连接欧洲和美国的
which connects Europe to the United States.
几根海底数据线路之一
The full spectrum of commerce and communication flows
全部商业信息和通信信息数据
through her optic fibers,
都要通过她的光纤
as well as the requisite glut of pornography and cat videos.
当然小黄片和傻猫录像也一样
And you knew that was what that cable was how?
你是怎么知道这根线就是你所说的呢
The location of such cables is mapped.
这种电缆的位置都是在地图上可见的
They're accessible with very little effort.
只需要花费一点力气就可以找到
The intent is to avoid entanglements
初衷是为了避免线路冲突
and utility mishaps, but it also makes them
和使用时的混乱,但是
amongst the most vulnerable terrorist targets in the world.
同时也让她变成最易受到恐怖袭击的目标
And this basement's probably a pretty smart place to dig from.
而这个地下室也许是开始挖掘的最佳地点
And anywhere along the beach would attract attention,
在海滩上挖的话会引人注意
out in the ocean would be a lot harder.
在海上就更难了
And the cable ties into a landing house
这根线还和另外一座陆上的房子交汇
another quarter of a mile inland,
内陆四分之一公里处
at which point security increases markedly.
但是那里的安全守卫很严格
What our attackers did not account for was
只是我们的袭击者并没有料到
the intrusion of Garrison Boyd.
加里森·博伊德的闯入
Right, so someone runs tunneling equipment
没错,有人在埃尔斯冬天不在家的时候
out of the Ayers' basement while they're away for the winter.
在他们的地下室使用挖掘设备
Mrs. Renziger hears the noise
瑞辛格夫人听见了动静
and thinks it's her dead husband,
以为是她死去的丈夫
so her daughter asks Boyd to prove otherwise,
所以她的女儿就让博伊德来找出原因
and then Boyd finds all this, same way you and Joan did?
博伊德就像你和乔恩一样发现了这些吗
This little fella
这个小东西
was amongst the gardening equipment over there.
就和花园工具一起放在那边
The tip of his hat is missing.
他帽尖缺了一部分
Mr. Boyd was murdered in this room.
博伊德先生就是在这里被杀的
The killer loads the body into Boyd's car,
凶手把他的尸体装上博伊德的车
drives it back into the city, but then what?
把他载回了市区,然后呢
Why not come back and cut the cable?
为什么不再回来然后剪断电缆
Figured Boyd found them,
觉得博伊德找到了他们
someone else might be coming, too?
也许还有其他人也会来吗
Perhaps.
也许
Or perhaps the fact
或者正因为
that Ruby has not been cut
露比还没有被剪断
signals a much greater threat.
表明了一个更大的威胁
The Internet is designed with redundancies.
网络在设计时就已经考虑了冗余问题
Cutting a single cable would no doubt cause some problems,
剪断一根线确实会引起些问题
but a coordinated attack,
但是一起统一的袭击
that could be crippling.
却能够瘫痪网络
You think there might be other guys digging up other cables,
你认为也许还有其他人在挖掘其他的线路
waiting for a signal to cut them all at once?
然后等待信号一起剪断它们吗
I think it's a possibility that we should consider.
我认为我们必须要考虑这种可能性
I'll reach out to DHS.
我去联系国土安全部
Let them know what's going on.
让他们知道具体的情况
I'll check back with you.
我等会再来找你
So, you were right.
所以,你是对的
Whoever dug that tunnel
无论是谁挖的那个地道
stuck mostly to the basement.
大部分时间都在地下室
But they did come up here every now and then.
但是他们偶尔会出来一下
Yes, naturally.
没错
If the man or men or women were here to do arduous work,
如果有人在这里干这苦差,单人或团伙,无论男女
the hours would have been long.
时间会很长
They would have needed to eat, hydrate
他们必须要吃东西,喝水
and, of course, expel waste.
当然,还有排泄
Toilet seat was up, so I'm guessing
厕所的马桶圈没有放下,所以
at least one person was a "He."
我猜至少有一个男人
Also we found this in the fridge.
而且我们在冰箱里发现了这个
"Doogh."
"酸奶"
Carbonated yogurt drink popular in Arab countries.
碳酸酸奶在阿拉伯地区很流行
It's hard to believe bubbling yogurt is popular anywhere.
真难想象冒泡的酸奶会在什么地方流行
I figured it didn't belong to the Ayers,
我猜这不是埃尔斯一家的
so I called the American distributor.
所以我打给了美国地区的分销商
No place on the island sells it.
在这里没有商店出售
Six stores in the city do.
在市区则有六家商店
They're e-mailing me a list.
他们会给把名单发给我
So assuming these stores have surveillance cameras,
那么假设这些商店都有监控录像的话
we can check their footage from the last few weeks,
我们就可以查看近几周的录像
see if anyone jumps out.
看看有没有什么可疑的人
Hannah, come in.
汉娜,进来吧
So I have good news.
我有好消息
Don't tell me you solved it already.
别告诉我你已经破案了
Actually, you already had all the pieces.
实际上,你已经有所有的线索了
Now, you said that all three drugstores were robbed
你说所有的三家药店都在差不多的
around closing time.
时间段被抢
At first, I assumed what you probably did.
一开始,我的猜想跟你的估计差不多
That it was because closing is when a store is most vulnerable.
商店要关门的时候是最不设防的
No customers, fewer employees, most cash on hand.
没有顾客,员工很少,手头现金最多
But in this case, there was something else.
但是此案中,有另外的情况
Now, two of the pharmacists told you
两个药剂师都告诉过你
that a candy machine vendor had come by
在抢劫之前有一个
just before the robberies.
糖果机器供应商来过
I checked,
我查过了
and that same vendor has machines in all three stores.
在这三家商店里都是同一种机器
You think the vendor's in on it.
你认为供应商也参与了
He scopes out the stores
他去商店踩点
and then tells his accomplices if it's all clear.
然后再告诉他的同伙是否安全
A friend took these today.
有个朋友今天拍下了这个
Vending machine company uses this warehouse
自动售货机公司使用这个仓库
to store their inventory and do repairs.
来储存货物和维修
Look at these guys.
看看这些人
Height, hair color, visible tattoos.
身高,发色,纹身
They match the descriptions of the three perps.
他们符合那三个嫌疑人的特征
They definitely don't look like they're in the gumball business.
他们看上去绝对不像是卖糖果的
You found them. I can't believe it.
你找到他们了,真不敢相信
I mean, I-I can. I'm not surprised.
我是说,我能,我一点都不惊讶
But thank you.
但谢谢你
Odds are,
我猜
this is where they're storing the stolen pills.
这里就是他们放那些偷来的药品的地方
When you bring this to Detective Hanford,
你把这些拿去给汉福德警探
feel free to leave my name out of it.
不需要提我的名字
But my guess is, the department's gonna want
但是我猜局里恐怕会想要
to sit on this place for a while.
继续监视这个地方
Why?
为什么
As long as it doesn't look like
只要看上去没有
another robbery is imminent,
另一场抢劫要发生
they're gonna want to follow the drugs
他们会希望跟踪这些药
up the food chain.
追踪到经销渠道
With the amount of pills these guys are stealing,
这些家伙们偷了这么大量的药
they probably have help moving them.
很可能有人帮他们转移
So this could lead to bigger fish.
所以这可能会掉到大鱼
It took no small amount of negotiation, but I was able
经过了很长时间的协商,但是
to procure security footage from each of the Doogh-selling
我已经拿到了那些销售酸奶
ethnic markets that you identified.
商店的监控录像
Now, taking into account the hours Claire Renziger
考虑到克莱尔·瑞辛格
did and did not hear "Ghosts,"
听见鬼魂声音的时间
it would appear that our tunneler kept hours
看上去我们的地道挖掘工们的工作时间
between 8:00 to 6:00.
在早上八点到下午六点之间
So it stands to reason that he bought his Doogh
这就证明他会出去买酸奶及其他物品的时间
and other provisions at either the beginning
不是一大早
or the end of each day.
就是晚上
Oh, that's great.
太棒了
It'll help us move through these faster.
这能帮我们查找得更快
Assuming, of course, you're not still splitting your time
当然,前提是你不会在追捕
between the tribulations of a beat cop
一个潜在的恐怖分子时
and the hunt for a likely terrorist.
继续分心去帮一名巡警
May I remind you that "Beat cop" is our boss's daughter?
那名巡警可是我们上司的女儿
Is that why you were helping her?
所以你才帮她吗
To curry favor?
为了讨好上司
I'm helping her because she asked me.
我帮她是因为她找我帮忙
What do you think of her?
你觉得她怎么样
Hannah?
汉娜吗
She's nice.
她人不错
I mean, what do you think of her as an investigator?
我是说你觉得她调查能力如何
Oh, she's green.
经验虽不足
I mean, she's dedicated.
但很用心
She did all the legwork,
她很勤快
she just couldn't connect all the dots. Why?
只是没能发现线索的关联,怎么了
Oh, it just confirms a long-held suspicion.
看来我一直以来的猜测是对的
She's middling.
她很平庸
Hold on, I did not say she was "Middling."
慢着,我可没说她平庸
And that's sad, because she is the daughter of a colleague
真遗憾,因为她是同事的女儿
and he has certain aspirations for her.
而他又望女成凤
Excuse me, but have you ever even talked to Hannah?
不好意思,你有跟汉娜接触过吗
Twice.
谈过两次话
That's it?
就这些
And that all you needed to size her up?
你就仅凭这些评价她吗
I also looked at her records.
我还看了她的档案
Understand, Watson:
我明白,华生
I think she's a perfectly capable police officer.
我认为她是一个能干出色的警官
She knows how to handle herself in a confrontation
她在冲突对峙中表现良好
and she's first-rate with a weapon.
枪法也不错
What I fear she is not, however, is a detective.
但我恐怕她不是当侦探的料
Give me a break.
别扯了
It's a calling, Watson;
当侦探要讲天分,华生
no one knows that better than you.
没人比你更清楚
I learned because you taught me.
我是你教出来的
I taught you because I saw something.
我教你是因为你有天分
What if I told you I see something in Hannah?
那我说我在汉娜身上看到天分了呢
I would tell you you're mistaken.
那你就看错了
You know what?
不跟你说了
I'll be in my room.
我回房了
Thought I'd let you sleep in.
我不想吵醒你
You found my notes?
看到我留的纸条了吗
Well, sort of hard to miss.
看到了,摆得那么明显
Watched the video?
看过视频了吗
I take it this is our suspect?
这是嫌犯吗
Note the coveralls.
注意看工作服
The tape that you're watching
这段录像记录了
records his fifth appearance at the store
他在过去短短两周内
in a span of two weeks.
第五次出现在商店
During that period of time,
在这段时间里
his clothes get progressively dirtier,
他的衣服越来越脏
save for two rectangular spots on his knees.
除了两腿膝盖处之外
Presumably, he wore some knee pads
可能是他挖隧道时
while he was digging his tunnel.
穿了护膝吧
Well, "Presumably" isn't "Definitely."
那也只是可能而已
He may just be a plumber.
他也许是个水管工
And I see he didn't use his credit card.
我看他没用信用卡
As is his wont. Unfortunately, he can't be identified via receipts.
他习惯如此,所以无法通过票据确认其身份
The woman in the red coat, however...
但那个穿红衣服的女人...
She knows him.
她认识他
She paid with her American Express.
她付账时用的是运通卡
Her name is Yolanda Massee
名叫尤兰达·梅西
and I'm stepping into her elevator as we speak.
这会我正要坐电梯去拜访她
I'll call you when I know more.
我了解更多后再打给你
Yes?
什么事
Hello. Ms. Massee?
你好,梅西女士
My name is Sherlock Holmes.
我叫夏洛克·福尔摩斯
I'm a consultant with the New York Police Department.
是纽约警局的顾问
I was hoping I might ask you a few questions.
我想问您一些问题
Do you have a badge?
你有警徽吗
I'm afraid I'm quite allergic
恐怕我对肖像略感过敏
to iconography. I was just--
我只是想...
I was hoping you might be able to tell me this man's name.
想看看你能否告诉我这个人的名字
Is this a joke?
你在开玩笑吗
No.
没有
I think it's Nazim or Nadim...
是纳吉姆还是纳迪姆的...
I'm not really sure.
我也不确定
But you know him?
但你认识他吧
I don't know.
不熟
How well do you know your neighbors?
你对你的邻居有多熟呢
He's your neighbor?
他是你邻居
He lives right there.
他就住在那边
I'd recommend you leave your building right now.
我建议你马上离开这栋楼
What? Why?
什么,为什么
'Cause your neighbor heard us talking...
因为你的邻居听到了我们的谈话...
...and he is currently dousing
他此刻正在他的住处内
his apartment with accelerant.
泼洒助燃剂
Go on!
快走
Nadim? Or is it Nazim?
纳迪姆,还是纳吉姆来着
You might find this hard to believe,
我知道这会让你很难相信
but I'm-I'm actually here to help you.
但我是过来帮你的
Don't come any closer.
别过来
You're not a terrorist at all, are you?
你根本不是恐怖分子,是吧
No.
不是
Look, I'm open to the possibility
我认为加里森·博伊德的死
that Garrison Boyd's death was an accident.
可能是个意外
He caught you unawares and-and you panicked.
他在你毫无防备时出现,你慌了
But if you drop that lighter,
但你要是扔下打火机
you will be attempting murder on the 200 or so other people
你将背负企图谋杀楼里两百多位
who live in this building.
住户的罪名
This...
这个...
this contraption was at the heart
这个精巧的装置
of the drawings on Nadim Al-Haj's walls.
在纳迪姆·阿哈吉墙上那些图纸的正中间
I only had a moment to absorb them before they were engulfed in flames,
在它被付之一炬之前,我只能瞬时记忆了一下
but it was clear that he never intended
但很显然他没打算
to sever the cable that he excavated.
切断他挖到的电缆
Rather, I think his plan was to splice this device onto it.
我觉得他是想把这装置接到上面去
You think you can figure out what it does?
你能查出这东西是干什么用的吗
I won't know for sure till we cut off the melted plastic,
我要先弄掉这些烧融的塑料才能确定
but hopefully, enough of the circuitry inside is intact.
但希望里面的电路保存完整吧
If I was a betting man,
要我打赌的话
I'd say that it was meant to collect information
我会说这东西应该是收集信息
and transmit it elsewhere.
然后再传送到某处用的
You're thinking this is one big data grab.
你认为这是用来获取数据的
Why not hack into it from a computer somewhere?
为什么不从别处用电脑窃取数据呢
There's gotta be an easier way than digging that tunnel.
肯定有比挖地道更简单的方法吧
Ask the NSA.
那就要问国安局了
According to Edward Snowden,
根据爱德华·斯诺登所说
U.S. Intelligence agencies
美国情报局
routinely tap into these cables
经常将这些电缆
upstream of their official tie-ins
接入官方设备
so they can better monitor American citizens.
从而监视美国公民
The first time Ruby feeds aboveground
露比第一次正式有信号
is at 60 Hudson, downtown.
是在市中心,哈德逊街60号
Big banks have a offices there to get financial data first,
一些大银行在那设立办事处收集第一手金融信息
but it's also where a lot of info gets encrypted
但在那里很多信息都被加密了
and after that, it's harder to spy on.
在那之后就很难监视了
Actually, digging a hole on Long Island makes a lot of sense.
实际上,在长岛上挖个洞还是合理的
So you're saying my phone might ring at any minute,
你是说我随时可能接到电话说
telling me this guy works for our government?
这个人为政府效力吗
Perhaps. Or a foreign one. Or a corporation.
有可能,或是外国政府,或某家公司
I mean, who in this day and age
毕竟,当今时代
does not view information as power?
谁不认为信息就是力量呢
Hopefully, the device
但愿
will tell us what information the perp was capturing:
我们能查到犯人在用这个装置收集什么信息
e-mails, trade secrets, credit card numbers...
邮件,商业机密,信用卡号...
If we're lucky, we'll even get an IP address
如果幸运的话,我们还能查到IP地址
where it was being sent.
找出接收方
Then we'll have a better idea of what we're dealing with.
那就更利于我们处理此案了
Nadim Al-Haj, born in Iraq in 1978.
纳迪姆·阿哈吉,1978年生,生于伊拉克
He emigrated to the U.S. In '06
2006年移居到美国
and became a citizen two years ago.
两年前成为美国公民
He was an electrical engineer in his country,
他之前在伊拉克是名电子工程师
but he's been working here as a lineman for the cable company.
但来到美国就在一家电缆公司做接线员
So he definitely had the skills.
所以他肯定是有技术的
Yeah, a few parking summonses,
有些停车罚单
but no criminal record that I could find.
但我没查到有犯罪记录
What's that about?
那是怎么回事
Oh, you didn't hear?
你没听说吗
Hannah made a big collar on her patrol this morning.
汉娜今早巡逻时立了大功
Everyone's been messing with the captain over it.
大家都在用这事拿警监开涮
What'd she do?
她做什么了
She spotted a perp who matched the description
她认出了一个犯人
off a few drugstore robberies on her beat.
符合她辖区内药房劫匪的特征
Now, he took off into a warehouse,
他离开后去了一间仓库
she and her partner followed, scooped him up
她和搭档跟踪了他,端了他的窝
and found almost 200 grand worth of pills.
查获了价值二十万的药品
That's pretty lucky.
真幸运
Well, that ain't luck. That's DNA.
跟幸运无关,这是遗传
She's good.
她很出色
I-- you know, I just realized I forgot--
我刚想起来,我忘了...
I have to run an errand.
我得去办个事
I'll... just tell Sherlock I'll catch up.
我会...告诉夏洛克我会跟进的
All right.
好吧
Captain...
警监
this is all we could find on Nadim Al-Haj.
这是我们能找到的纳迪姆·阿哈吉的所有资料
It isn't much.
不太多
Finest message is out on him and his van,
已经将他和他的货车信息发布出去了
and Homeland Security's issued a BOLO
国土安全局将全面通缉令
to Port Authority, Amtrak and TSA.
发给了港务局,铁路公司,还有海关
The apartment Mr. Al-Haj occupied
阿哈吉先生所在的公寓
is owned by "The Collin Eisely Group"?
属于"科林·艾斯利集团"
You know that name?
你听说过吗
I do.
是的
Watson and I paid a visit to Collin Eisely yesterday.
华生和我昨天去见过科林·艾斯利
He's a developer.
他是个开发商
Several months ago, he made a bid on the house
几个月前,他投标了一座房子
next to the one with the tunnel.
就在地道旁边
You mean the one that's actually much closer to the cable?
你是说离电缆更近的那个
The man who murdered Garrison Boyd
杀了加里森·博伊德的人
lives in a building that you own.
住在你拥有的一栋楼里
What do you suppose the odds are of that being a coincidence?
你觉得这事是巧合的几率有多大
I own several buildings,
我拥有的楼有好几栋
which, together, house hundreds of tenants.
算在一起,有数百名住客
It may surprise you to know
也许会让你感到吃惊
that I'm not on a first-name basis with any of them.
我和他们都没到称名道姓的亲密地步
It's interesting that you should mention names,
正巧你提到了名字
because you changed yours, did you not?
因为你改过名,对吧
Before you got into real estate,
在你开始搞房地产之前
you were a stockbroker, and until a few years ago,
你是个股票经纪人,直到几年前
your legal name was Louis Eisely.
你的合法名字还是路易斯·艾斯利
Collin was your middle name.
科林是你的中间名
Now, we're guessing the decision to change it
我们猜测你改名字的原因
has something to do with you
可能和你当时
serving 18 months for insider trading?
因内线交易蹲过一年半监狱有关
The name change was aboveboard;
改名是光明正大的
I'm not breaking any laws.
我没有违法
My real estate dealings go much more smoothly
这可以让我的房地产交易更顺利
when my criminal record
因为我的犯罪记录
isn't the first thing people learn about me.
不会成为人们对我的第一印象
I imagine they would.
的确如此
Because Louis Eisely was a particularly cutthroat
因为路易斯·艾斯利是一个非常凶残的
Wall Street trader.
华尔街交易员
From the early 2000s.
从新世纪初期
A man whose downfall, at the height of his career,
一个人从他职业生涯至高点摔下
made his name synonymous with Wall Street greed.
让他的名字与华尔街的贪婪画上了等号
I did my time.
我服了刑
Prison changed me.
监狱改变了我
I'm not so sure that it did.
我不确定究竟有没有变
Trading in secrets put you on top.
内线交易让你登上巅峰
Does a man like you ever really lose a taste for that?
像你这种人真的会放弃这种滋味吗
You still haven't explained what it is you think I did.
你还是没说你怀疑我做了什么
You hired Nadim Al-Haj
你雇了纳迪姆·阿哈吉
to tap a transatlantic data cable called Ruby.
来监视一条名叫露比的跨大西洋数据电缆
Runs right past Claire Renziger's basement.
正好经过克莱尔·瑞辛格的公寓
So, first, you tried to buy her house.
所以起先,你想买下她的房子
When she turned you down,
当她拒绝你之后
you had Al-Haj dig a tunnel from next door, instead.
你就让阿哈吉从隔壁挖条通道
And why would I have done any of that?
那我为什么要做这些事呢
Because you have a Savant's talent
因为你有很高的天赋
for turning information into gold.
可以将信息转化为金子
Ruby is the mother lode.
露比就是主矿脉
Tapping into her would give you unfettered access
监控她可以让你畅通无阻地接触
to a wealth of intelligence
大量的信息情报
with which to inform your investment strategies.
以此可以帮你调整投资策略
That's actually brilliant.
这听起来挺棒的
I wish I had thought of it
我倒希望我能想出来
back when I was trading.
在我以前还能交易的时候
I can't go near the market.
我不能接近股市
The FCC has banned me from trading until the day I die.
联邦通信委员已经禁止我余生再参与交易
By court order, every dollar I have in stocks
根据法院指令,我在股市中的所有钱
is in a blind trust. You can look it up.
都转到了保密信托,你可以去查查
Well, perhaps you're selling the information for a price.
也许你是开价贩卖了信息
And keep the proceeds where?
然后把收益放在哪
In my mattress?
我床垫下吗
The Feds audit all my accounts.
联邦特工监察着我所有账户
I can't win at bingo without them taking notice.
我中个刮刮乐他们都会知道
Gentlemen,
先生们
I have more important things to do with my day.
我今天还有更重要的事情要做
You're fishing;
你们在钓鱼
I'm not biting.
我可不会咬钩
Hannah.
汉娜
I just heard the news.
我刚听说
Congratulations.
恭喜了
Thanks.
谢谢
So, I thought it was interesting
所以,我挺感兴趣的
how you just happened to spot the suspect,
你是怎么碰巧就发现了嫌疑人
took a whole stash house down.
然后端了整个藏匿点
You said to leave you out of it.
你说了不必提你的名字
This is not about credit, Hannah.
这跟功劳无关,汉娜
This is about doing the right thing.
是关于做正确的事
The right thing would've been to kick it upstairs.
正确的做法是上报上级
Let Hanford take it from there.
让汉福德接手处理
Right. Go after bigger fish.
是啊,放长线钓大鱼
So, why didn't you?
那你为什么不这么做呢
You and I both know if I turned this over to Hanford,
你和我都知道如果我交接给汉福德
I would've ended up a footnote in his report.
我最终只会成为他报告中的一段脚注
If it did lead to bigger fish, not even that.
如果能抓到更大的鱼,连脚注都没了
But you don't know that.
但你怎么会知道是这样
I do. 'Cause I'm a cop.
我能,因为我是警察
I've seen it. I know how it works.
我见过,我知道是怎么回事
And I'm not a cop, right?
而我不是警察,对吧
It's just different for me.
我这里情况不一样
Sergeant's exam is coming up. I get extra points for commendations.
警官测试就要开始了,立功可以加分
I thought you were doing this to help the people on your beat.
我以为你这么做只是想帮助巡逻中遇到的人
Or is that just something you thought I wanted to hear?
或者说这是你认为我想听到的
I did help them.
我确实帮了他们
I got some bad guys off the street.
我清理了街上的几个坏人
Just not as many as you could have.
只是本可以清理更多
You helped me when I needed help.
你在我需要的时候帮了我
I won't forget it.
我不会忘记的
Hey, I just ran into Marcus downstairs.
我刚才在楼下碰到了马库斯
He told me about Collin Eisley.
他跟我说了科林·艾斯利的事
Sounds like it didn't go well.
听起来不怎么顺利
I'm no less convinced of his connection to Garrison Boyd's murder.
我依然认为他与加里森·博伊德的谋杀案有关
You know, because of his history,
你知道,因为他的过往
Mr. Eisley's money is in a blind trust.
艾斯利先生的钱都放在保密信托里
Well, that means he can't touch it, right?
就是说他碰不到,对吧
More than that-- he can't even know how it's managed.
更甚,他甚至都不能知道钱是怎么管理的
Now, Eisley's trust is handled by Robiskie Investments,
艾斯利的信托是由罗比斯基投资公司掌管的
a second-tier brokerage house at best.
顶多算个二流证券行
I suspect more prominent firms refused his business
我怀疑更好的企业拒绝与他合作
because of the miasma that still surrounds him.
因为他身边的臭气还没有消散
His investments are all in computer-traded funds,
他的资金全投入了计算机交易基金
which deliver a return far less than the profits he once made.
其中获得的利益远没有他之前的多
That's got to burn.
这肯定很难受
Indeed.
没错
A man who had spent his entire life
一个花费了他一生时间
exploiting weaknesses in the financial system
来发掘金融体系软肋的人
would surely chafe at such restrictions.
肯定会对这种限制感到愤怒
So, you thought he wanted to tap into Ruby
所以你认为他想要监控露比
in order to profit off the information,
是为了能通过其中的信息获利
but there's no way he can profit from it.
但是他根本不可能从中获利
Or that I've found thus far. But I'm confident that when TARU
至少目前看来是如此,但我确信技术部门
deliver its report, that mystery box is
完成报告后,那个神秘盒子
gonna connect Eisley to the crime.
将会把艾斯利与罪案联系起来
In the meantime...
与此同时
I found this.
我发现了这个
A decade ago, when Western companies
十年前,当西方公司
were pillaging Iraq's resources in the name of reconstruction,
以重建的名义掠夺伊拉克资源的时候
Eisley toured the oil fields near Kirkuk.
艾斯利拜访了基尔库克附近的油田
That's Nadim Al-Haj.
那是纳迪姆·阿哈吉
Al-Haj was his driver.
阿哈吉是他的司机
He subsequently sponsored his immigration into the U.S.
之后他资助他移民来了美国
Now, "Lived in his building" could be written off to chance.
现在,"住在他的楼里"可以归结于偶然
This cannot.
这个可不能
Hey, a senior technician from TARU is on his way up.
技术部门的一位高级技术员正赶过来
Says he's got some news.
说他有新的发现
Parts of it were pretty badly fused,
有一部分熔到一起了
but we were able to forensically reconstruct most of the circuitry.
但是我们想办法复原了大部分电路
And?
然后呢
It doesn't look like it was meant to transmit anything anywhere.
看起来并不像是能传送任何东西
So, what was it supposed to do?
那它到底是干什么用的
Well, that's the thing. It doesn't store anything.
这就是问题,它不存储任何东西
It doesn't re-route anything.
也不变向发送什么
It doesn't change anything.
什么都不改变
It's just a maze of circuits.
只不过是一套电路迷宫
Data goes in one end and comes out the other.
数据从一头进来从另一头出去
That's it.
就只是如此
So, someone went to all the trouble of digging a tunnel,
所以,有人花费心机挖了一条地道
exposing a transatlantic Internet cable
找出一条跨大西洋网络电缆
and murdering a guy all so they could attach a devise that...
还杀了一个人,只为了安装这个
Does absolutely nothing.
完全没用的装置吗
I just got off the phone with Marcus.
我刚和马库斯通完电话
So far, Nadim Al-Haj has done a pretty good job of disappearing.
目前为止,纳迪姆·阿哈吉消失得挺成功
He's gone to ground.
他躲起来了
Knowing now he's not a hardened terrorist,
现在我们知道他不是一个冷酷的恐怖分子
I imagine he's quite afraid.
我猜他应该挺害怕的
A murder and a flight from the law
杀人和被警察追捕
were not part of his plan.
都不在他原本计划之内
Mason?
梅森
Hey.
你好
I thought you were grounded.
我以为你被禁足了
From the Internet.
是禁止上网
I mean, does this look like the Internet to you?
不过你看这个像互联网吗
So, where New York's finest nerds failed,
所以纽约最棒的书呆子没能搞定的
you're hoping yours will succeed?
你希望你的人能成功
No offense to TARU.
不是诋毁技术部门的那些人
But the simple fact is they must've missed something.
但他们肯定漏掉了点什么
Nadim Al-Haj did not dig
纳迪姆·阿哈吉挖那个
a 50-foot tunnel in order to install a plastic bauble
十五米的地道不是为了装个
with as much function as a Christmas light.
只能当圣诞节装饰灯用的塑料玩意
Until we find out what the devise does,
在搞清这装置的作用之前
we cannot connect Collin Eisley to any crime.
我们没法把科林·艾斯利跟任何罪行联系上
So, I've solicited a second opinion.
所以我在寻找新的见解
It's my hope that Mason will find something
希望梅森能发现
that the police technicians missed.
警方技术员忽略的东西
I'm trying.
我会尽力
But don't hold you breath.
但别抱太大期望
I'm running parity bit tests,
我进行了校验位测试
file compares, metadata compares,
文件对比,元数据对比
different character sets, packet sizes...
不同的字符集,不同大小的数据包...
You're running tests.
你在做测试
We get it.
我们懂了
I'm gonna get something to eat.
我去弄点东西吃
Upstairs, may I presume that was Hannah that you sent to voicemail?
刚才在楼上,你是把汉娜转到语音信箱了吗
Yeah, I didn't think she was gonna leave a message, but she did.
对,我没想到她会留语音,但她留了
She said she didn't feel great about how we left things,
她说觉得上次的处理方式不得当
and wanted to thank me again.
还有想再次谢谢我
I mean, she didn't really come out and say it,
她并没有直接了当地说出来
but I got the sense that what she really wanted to know is
但我觉得她真正想知道的是
what I'm gonna tell the captain.
我会对警监说什么
What are you gonna tell him?
你会对他说什么
I don't know. I mean...
不知道,我是说
he's gonna want to know what happened, right?
他应该想知道发生了什么,对吧
She's a police officer, but she's also his daughter.
她是个警察,但也是他女儿
Obviously the truth will disappoint.
很显然真相会让他失望
I should tell him.
我应该告诉他
You should not.
你不该说
You've expended enough time and effort on Hannah Gregson.
你已经在汉娜·格雷森身上花了足够的时间和精力
Telling him will only embroil you further and benefit no one.
告诉他只会让你陷得更深,却无益于任何人
Well, thanks for not actually saying the words
谢谢你没有直白地对我说
"I told you so."
早告诉过你了
Well, for the record, I thought she was a subpar investigator.
但我要申明,我只以为她调查能力欠佳
I'd no idea she was so cunning.
没想到她这么狡猾
Anyway, I sent Mason home for the night.
不管怎样,我让梅森回家休息了
Thus far, his tests uphold the dignity of the NYPD.
到目前为止,他的测试还没发现纽约警局的漏洞
The stream of zeroes and ones generated by his tests
他的测试产生的一系列零和一的组合
entered one end of the device
从装置的一端输入
and emerged a consistent formula seconds later,
很快从另一端输出,仍是同样的数据
unchanged. It is quite literally
毫无变化,真可以说这是个
a box that does nothing.
完全没用的盒子
Unless that's the whole point.
除非要的就是这效果
What?
什么
The four milliseconds that doing nothing would take.
四毫秒什么都不做就行
What difference would four milliseconds make to anything?
四毫秒能做什么
In your world and mine, none at all.
在你我的世界里,什么都干不了
To a human being, it's a imperceptible amount of time.
对人类而言,这时间短到无法感知
But the lion's share of trading on Wall Street
但华尔街上大部分的交易都是
happens automatically, via computers.
通过电脑自动完成的
And in their world,
在他们的世界里
milliseconds translate to millions of dollars.
几毫秒就等于几百万美金
Ruby is the fastest transatlantic cable that there is.
露比是世上最快的跨大西洋电缆
Terminates on American soil at 60 Hudson Street,
终端在美国领土内哈德逊街60号
where, in order to extract financial data first,
为了最先得到金融数据
the top investment firms pay a premium to house their servers.
那些顶尖投资公司都花高价在此存放其服务器
Now, any company which does not lease a space
那么,任何未租用哈德逊街60号的公司
at 60 Hudson is at instant disadvantage.
都有极大的劣势
Would you care to guess which firm is not flush
愿意猜一猜哪家公司没有足够资金
with enough capital to earn a spot at 60 Hudson?
在哈德逊街60号租块地方吗
Robiskie Investments.
罗比斯基投资公司
They manage your blind trust.
他们管理着你的保密信托金
Only their servers are in a different building.
只不过他们的服务器在另一栋楼里
Their data comes in from a slower transatlantic cable.
他们得到的数据来自更慢的一条跨大西洋电缆
One that is usually two milliseconds behind.
通常会滞后两毫秒
A market closes halfway around the world,
全球半数市场停盘
currency drops, a regime falls--
货币贬值,王朝覆灭
the news hurdles across the globe at the speed of light.
消息以光速在全球传播
The larger firms' computers buy and sell
大公司的电脑早已买卖了
thousands of shares before the one that holds your money
上千股,而帮你管钱的那家公司
even gets the news.
却还没收到消息
So you planned to turn the tables.
所以你想要翻盘
Slow Ruby down by four milliseconds.
把露比的速度拖慢四毫秒
Suddenly the big firms are the ones at a disadvantage.
忽然之间那些大公司就处于劣势了
Your blind trust would start making more money.
你的保密信托会开始赚大钱
And your hands would stay clean.
而没人会怀疑你
Other firms and clients would benefit, too
其他的公司和客户也能获益
anyone who pulled their data from a source other than Ruby.
只要他们的数据不是来自露比
But for a man pathologically driven to play the game,
但对于一个有足够驱动力来使诈的人
that's a small price to pay.
这代价微乎其微
Might even be a plus.
甚至可能是件好事
Given that it would hide your gains amongst the crowd.
因为你的盈利被隐藏在众人之中
You give me a lot of credit.
你真是太看得起我了
Like I said before-- it's a brilliant plan.
如我之前所说,这计划妙极了
But... even if you're right,
但,就算你说对了
you still have a problem.
还有个最大的问题
You can't link me to any of it.
你没法证明我跟这事有关
Well, when my colleagues and I
今早我的同事和我
got together this morning, I said the same thing.
碰头的时候,我说了同样的话
I also asked about something that's been bugging me.
我也提出了一直困扰我的问题
When you first hired Nadim Al-Haj,
你最初雇佣纳迪姆·阿哈吉时
the job didn't include murder.
没说过要他杀人
Once he killed Garrison Boyd, you must've promised him
当他杀了加里森·博伊德后,为了封他的口
a pretty big payday to keep him quiet.
你肯定得保证给他一大笔钱
Especially with him going on the run for who knows how long.
尤其是他不知道要逃多久
But with your finances watched so closely,
但你现在的资产都被盯着这么紧
how could you pay him?
你要怎么付他钱呢
When I crossed paths with Mr. Al-Haj the other day,
那天我见到阿哈吉先生
he absconded with a poster tube--
他逃走时还带着个海报管
a conspicuous detail in itself,
这事本身就很蹊跷
given that he was so busy destroying so much other evidence.
要知道他匆忙销毁了那么多其它证据
I thought perhaps he'd retained a keepsake--
我想也许他留下了什么作为纪念
some schematics,
几张电路图
some leverage to hold over you should the need arise.
万一需要的话,可以作为筹码来对付你
But when Detective Bell raised his question,
但当贝尔警探提出这个问题时
I remembered noticing something when we were here yesterday.
我想起昨天我们在这里时我留意到一件事
That's not the same painting that was here
我们第一次造访时这里挂的
the first time we visited.
不是这幅画
It was a Picasso.
而是幅毕加索的画
Woman's Portrait.
女人的画像
Not well-known,
没多大名气
but even a lesser work by the master must be worth millions.
但大师的作品即使不出名也至少值上百万
Is it here?
画在这里吗
We've already reported it stolen.
我们已经将画上报失窃了
No dealer is gonna touch it.
不会有人敢经手销赃
Al-Haj won't be able to get a dime.
阿哈吉一分钱都拿不到
You tell us if we're wrong, Mr. Eisley.
如果说错了请一定指正,艾斯利先生
But we don't get the sense he's a professional killer.
但我们不觉得他是个职业杀手
It's only a matter of time before we find him.
找到他是早晚的事
And given that his payday's going away,
而且鉴于他的报酬泡汤了
it's a good bet that when we do, he'll talk.
我相信等我们抓到他时,他会全盘托出
Now, you like to make deals, right?
你喜欢做交易,是吧
How about before we find him,
在我们找到他前
you make one right now?
你跟我们做个交易如何
Oh, Joan?
乔恩
Nice work today.
今天干得漂亮
On the Eisley thing.
艾斯利那案子
Oh, thanks.
谢谢
I'll pass that on to Sherlock.
我会转告夏洛克的
I'm sorry.
抱歉
For what?
怎么了
She told you?
她告诉你了
You just seemed a little off these last couple of days.
最近几天你都有点怪怪的
I know it wasn't the credit.
我知道你不为虚名
You and Holmes don't care about that stuff, but...
你和福尔摩斯都不在乎这些,但
whatever it was...
不管因为什么...
You know what? She just got excited. That's all.
她就是高兴过头了,没什么大不了
I don't think you should help her again.
我觉得你不该再帮她了
She is what she is.
她的本事我清楚
She wants what she wants.
她有她的追求
I love her...
我爱她
but I love this job, too.
但我也爱这份工作
The people who do it.
以及跟我共事的人
She's got to do better.
她应该自己长进点
All right, good night.
知道了,晚安