手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第三季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第三季(MP3+中英字幕) 第10集 贩毒集团

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

"Life is stranger than anything the mind could invent."

"生活比人们的想象还要离奇千百倍"
That's something my friend likes to say.
我朋友总喜欢这么说
When I agreed to come to New York with him,
当我同意与他一起前来纽约时
I was still hurting.
我仍在伤痛之中
He'd offered an education, and I was gonna take it.
他提出要教我,我决定接受
I was gonna use it.
我决定利用他所教我的一切
I'd just listen and I'd learn,
我会聆听谨记他的教诲
and when the time was right I would...
而当时机成熟,我会
move on.
重新出发
But then...
但之后
I made another friend.
我又交了另一个朋友
And another one.
然后一个接一个
My friend was only half right-- life is strange, but...
我朋友只说对了一半,生活确实很离奇,但是
...it's also good.
生活也很美妙
Uh... Kitty, right?
你叫凯蒂,对吗
I'm Miranda.
我叫米兰达
Your friend, the one that you talk about sometimes,
你偶尔提起的那位朋友
he's teaching you to be a detective?
他在教你做一名侦探吗
I was wondering if you could help me with something.
我在想,你能不能帮我个忙
Her name is Tess.
她叫苔丝
How many days has she been gone now?
她失踪几天了
Three.
三天
She's done this before-- let me worry
她以前也这样过,让我担心
while she partied and crashed with friends.
但自己却跑去朋友家狂欢寄宿
But I've called everyone I can think of.
但是我给我能想到的所有人打了电话
They say she isn't with them.
他们都说没见过她
You're not wearing a wedding band--
你没有戴婚戒
is Dad not in the picture?
所以你是单亲
Tess doesn't have a dad.
苔丝没有爸爸
Not really.
不算有
He's the reason I'm a part of this group.
我加入这个小组就是因为他
He was your rapist?
他强奸了你
I always told her that her father was someone I loved,
我总是告诉她,她父亲是我深爱的人
that he died before she was born.
而他在她出生前去世了
But kids grow up.
但孩子总会长大
They get curious.
他们开始好奇
Last year she started asking questions.
去年,她开始问一些问题
I figured it was time I told her the truth.
我觉得是时候告诉她真相了
That's when the partying started, the running away.
从那时起,她开始狂欢,离家出走
I've been to the cops four times in the past six months.
过去的六个月中,我去了四次警局
I can tell they don't take me seriously anymore.
我能看出,他们已经不把我的话当回事了
So I thought of you.
所以我想到了你
Will you help me find her?
你能帮我找到她吗
You've been standing there for a while now.
你在那站了有一阵子了
I'm thinking.
我在思考
Well, can you think a little faster--
能思考快一点吗
the M.E.'s van just pulled up,
法医的车刚过来
and the Kelleys are pretty ripe.
凯利夫妇也都熟透了
Hey.
Watson. Wasn't expecting you so soon.
华生,没想到你这么快就来了
Thought you were with a private client.
你不是去调查私人客户的案子了吗
Wasn't the job for me. So what's up?
那案子不适合我,这里什么情况
Certainly not the Kelleys.
凯利夫妇肯定是没情况
They've been dead for days.
他们死了好几天了
The housekeeper found them a couple hours ago.
保洁员几小时之前发现了他们
They were both in their 80s,
他们都八十多岁了
but the odds that they died naturally
但是俩人同时
and at exactly the same time are slim.
自然死亡的几率还是很低
He's just been staring at 'em.
他就这么盯着他们
I was waiting for Watson.
我在等华生
As you know, I find nothing helps clear up a case
你也知道,我认为向另一个人叙述案情
like stating it to another person.
是最容易拨云见日的了
What am I?
那我呢
The detective is right to be suspicious
警探对凯利夫妇的死
of the Kelleys' deaths.
心中存疑是对的
It's unlikely they'd shuffle off
他们不太可能
this mortal coil simultaneously.
会同时寿终正寝
Well, I don't see any signs of a struggle.
我没看到任何挣扎的迹象
Maybe it was a suicide pact.
也许是两人双双自杀
They both took poison?
他们都服毒吗
While I do believe that poison was involved,
虽然我确实认为是毒杀
they most assuredly did not take their own lives.
但我也确定他们不太可能自杀
You're saying someone else poisoned 'em?
你是说有别人下毒
I am. Only it was unintentional.
对,但并不是故意的
The Kelleys are casualties
凯利夫妇的死
of a crime committed elsewhere in the building.
是这栋建筑中其他罪案的附带伤害
While it was difficult to detect beneath the Kelleys'--
虽然无法确定凯利夫妇的
how did you put it?-- ripeness,
你是怎么叫的,成熟度
I could smell traces of butadiene
但我在他们卧室的通风口附近
around the air vent in their bedroom.
闻到了丁二烯的危机
And butadiene is...?
丁二烯是
Is a toxic, gaseous by-product of burning rubber.
是橡胶燃烧后留下的有毒的残留气体
It's what you're smelling now.
就是你现在闻到的味道
The rest of it dissipated days ago,
剩下的几日前就已经挥发了
so we're in no danger.
所以我们没有危险
What, you think someone set a fire down here?
什么,你认为有人在下面生了火吗
Of sorts.
差不多
This building is a converted brownstone.
这建筑是翻新过的褐石建筑
Each of the three floors above
上面三层
has been turned into an apartment.
都被改造成了公寓
But the vents still allocate air
但是通风口仍然
from a main return line.
从同一个主回路进气
The Kelleys live on the first floor.
凯利夫妇住在一楼
They took the brunt of the gas.
所以就吸入了大部分的有毒气体
Do we know if the other residents are okay?
其余住客还好吗
Uh, the third-floor apartment's vacant,
三楼没人住
and the second floor is occupied,
二楼有人住
but we checked-- the owner wasn't home.
但我们查过了,屋主不在家
I'd be curious to know if he owns
我很想知道他是不是
a pair of teal running shoes.
有一双青色的跑步鞋
Why?
为什么
Because...
因为
it would mean he was home after all.
那就说明他其实是在家的
So, that's him.
所以,确实是他
Dead guy in the basement.
那具地下室里的死尸
It's going to take dental records to confirm it,
虽然需要牙科记录来确认
but... I believe so.
但,我确信如此
The man downstairs has the same
楼下的那具男尸手上的痣
arrangement of moles on his hand.
和他排列一样
"Clay Dubrovensky."
克雷·杜布洛文斯基
He's got a doctorate in botany
他获得了植物学博士学位
and genetic engineering.
还有基因工程博士学位
Doesn't look like your average doctor, does he?
看起来不像一般的博士,是吧
No. Looks like Point Break
不像,像是《惊爆点》
and Magic Mike had a baby.
和《魔力麦克》的结合体
They're, uh... Trifles of the cinema, I take it.
那是... 看来是电影知识
No Kitty today?
今天凯蒂没来
She's working a case of her own.
她自己在调查一个案子
So, how's everything going?
所以,一切顺利吗
Last time I saw you, you weren't doing so well.
上次见你的时候,你不太好
I'm better, thank you.
我好多了,谢谢
I still have disappointments with regards to my sobriety,
我仍然对自己戒瘾的事存有失望
but... I've resumed attending meetings.
但我已经重新开始参加互助会了
How are you?
你怎么样
Well, according to the super,
据楼管员说
Clay Dubrovensky was a dream tenant.
克雷·杜布洛文斯基是个模范房客
He was living off an inheritance,
他靠遗产生活
he always paid his rent on time...
总是按时交租
And his method of execution suggests
而且他被处决的方式
a tie to organized crime.
显示他和有组织犯罪有关
Micro-ondas.
微波
Aka "Necklacing." You take a tire,
也叫做"颈圈" 你拿一个轮胎
you hang it on the victim's neck,
挂在被害人的脖子上
you fill it with petroleum, light a match...
在里面灌满汽油,点燃火柴
Doesn't get much more cartel than that.
的确只有黑帮会这样了
I remember there were a couple of similar murders last summer.
我记得去年夏天也有几起类似的谋杀案
There have, in fact,
事实上,在纽约市
been ten such killings in New York over the last five years.
过去五年间还有十起类似的谋杀案
In each case, the suspects were soldiers
每个案件中,嫌疑人均是
for a Brazilian syndicate called the SDS,
一个叫SDS的巴西财团的雇佣兵
or Sangue do Sangue.
此财团也叫血之血
Dubrovensky had an emergency contact on his lease,
杜布洛文斯基在租约上有个紧急联系人
a woman by the name of Courtney Stever.
一名叫寇特妮·斯蒂弗的女性
She's on her way to the station. Maybe she can tell us
她在去警局的路上了,也许她能告诉我们
why the SDS would have wanted him dead.
为什么SDS会想杀害他
And you're sure that it was Clay?
你确定死者是克雷
I mean, you're really sure?
你真的确定吗
The M.E. won't make an official ruling
还需要几个小时
for at least a few hours...
法医才能给出官方判断...
It was him. The more photographs I saw,
是他,看的照片越多
the clearer it became.
我就越确定
Mr. Dubrovensky is... quite dead.
杜布洛文斯基先生现在,死了
Can I ask how the two of you knew each other?
我能问一下你们是如何认识的吗
Clay was my ex...
克雷是我前任
sort of.
算是吧
We broke up last year.
我们去年分手了
He was cheating on me. He kind of did that a lot.
因为他劈腿,他经常这么做
A few months ago,
几个月前
we ran into each other in a club,
我们在夜店碰见
and, I don't know, we...
我不知道,我们
just fell back into old rhythms.
又重回过去的时光了
You slept together?
你们一起睡了
And a few weeks later, it happened again,
几周以后,又发生了一次
and then again.
然后又是一次
We weren't back together, but we were...
我们没有复合,我们只是...
enjoying ourselves.
寻欢作乐
Plus, he had excellent cannabis, no?
而且他有上好的大麻,不是吗
The evidence suggests
证据表明
that he was killed by a drug cartel.
他是被贩毒集团杀害的
We did find bricks of cash, growing supplies,
我们发现了成捆的现金,种植用品
doctorates in Botany and Genetics.
植物学和遗传学的博士学位
Your ex was a grower for the SDS cartel, was he not?
你前男友是SDS黑帮的种植人对吗
Specifically, a cultivator of marijuana.
说准确点,是大麻的种植人
Clay did not just grow pot.
克雷不只是种大麻
Okay? He engineered it.
懂吗,他培育大麻
He was an artist.
他是个艺术家
And the people that he worked for
雇他工作的那些人
never got that.
根本理解不了
What do you mean?
这是什么意思
He told me
他告诉我
that he started messing with marijuana strains
他读研究生时就开始培育
in grad school.
大麻品种
Mixing, matching.
杂交,嫁接
But he never even smoked the stuff.
但他自己根本不抽大麻
He just... knew how to help it,
他只是...知道如何帮助它
knew how to make it better.
如何让它变得更好
A few dealers took notice, only they didn't want to hurt him.
几个毒贩子注意到了,但他们不想伤害他
They wanted to hire him?
他们想雇用他
Yeah, and he worked
对,从那以后
for the SDS cartel ever since.
他就开始为SDS黑帮工作了
Can you think of any reason why they would want to hurt him?
你能想出他们为什么要伤害他吗
He got bored.
他厌倦了
He wanted a... a real lab, real equipment.
他想要一个真正的实验室,真正的设备
I don't know.
我不知道
Maybe he just finally pushed them too far.
也许他最终把他们逼急了
This is new.
真新鲜啊
Complete inversions allow the human body
完全倒立能让身体充血
to flush and detoxify the adrenal glands,
并给肾上腺解毒
which studies have linked to more positive thinking
这能让人思考得更快
and an increase in reasoning skills.
并提高推理能力
You really must try it sometime.
你有时间真应该试试
"Clay Dubrovensky."
克雷·杜布洛文斯基
Is that the name you texted me?
这是你发给我的名字吗
Yeah.
His lover was unable to name any of his cartel associates,
他的情人不知道他帮派同伴的名字
but she did know that the grow house where he worked
但她确实知道他工作的种植房
was, I quote, "Somewhere in Brooklyn."
就在,据她说"布鲁克林的某个地方"
I'm attempting to divine
我正在试图预言
its specific whereabouts. Any luck, there will be
它的具体位置,运气好的话
personnel there that we can question.
那里有我们可以审问的人
How goes your investigation?
你的调查进行得如何
I spent the better part of the day
我花了大半天时间
talking to the missing
跟失踪女孩的朋友谈话
girl's friends and poking around her laptop.
还查看了她的笔记本电脑
I applied your many and varied rules of observation,
我用了许多种你教的观察法则
and yielded a single deduction.
最后只得出了一个结论
She's a brat.
她就是个小屁孩
You don't think she's in danger?
你觉得她没有危险
There's no doubt she's in the habit of running away.
毫无疑问她有离家出走的习惯
And nothing bad ever happens to runaways.
离家出走的人通常都没事
But the evidence would seem to suggest
但证据显示
that she'll just come home when she's ready.
她准备好了就会回家的
That said, I will...
不过,我还是...
renew my hunt in the morning.
明早继续找她
Sure you don't want a go?
确定你不想试试吗
Quite.
很确定
Did, um, Watson talk to you today?
华生今天跟你说话了吗
No. We communicated telepathically.
没有,我们用心灵感应交流
Of course we spoke. She's helping me with my investigation.
我们当然说过话,她在帮我做调查
Why do you ask?
为什么这么问
She just hasn't been around for a while.
她最近都没怎么出现
Just say hello for me, will you?
替我向她问好,行吗
Hello?
Smoothie?
要喝奶昔吗
Uh, you broke into my apartment?
你擅自闯进我的公寓
You break into my home all the time.
你不是动不动就闯进我家吗
That is because
那是因为
you force me to.
你逼我的
I think I may have found the address of Clay Dubrovensky's
我觉得我可能找到了克雷·杜布洛文斯基的
Brooklyn grow house.
布鲁克林种植房
How?
怎么找到的
Rubles.
卢布
There was change found in his pocket.
在他口袋里发现了一些零钱
Three dimes, a nickel,
三个十分的,一个五分的
two coins just like this one.
还有两个这样的硬币
It's a five-ruble piece.
这是五卢布
It's similar in size and texture to an American quarter.
它跟两毛五的美元硬币大小和质地都相似
There were similar coins found on his counter.
他的柜子上还有些类似的硬币
As you can see, they're also mixed in with American currency.
可以看到它们跟美国货币混在一起
Now, these coins are the very opposite of collectible.
这些硬币不可能是收集品
It's most likely he received them mistakenly
更像是他在俄国社区把它们
as change in a Russian neighborhood.
当作零钱误收了
There's a big Russian community
布鲁克林的布莱顿海滩
in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn.
有个很大的俄国社区
Mm-hmm. Now, as you are no doubt aware, a grow house
对,你肯定知道,种植房
would require an extremely high volume of grow lamps
需要大量照明灯
to be running at all times. So with the help of the captain,
一刻不停地运转,所以在警监的帮助下
I identified the largest noncommercial consumer
我找到了那片区域用电最多的
of kilowatt hours in the area.
非商业顾客
He and a phalanx of ESU officers are on their way
我们说话这会他正带着一队特警
as we speak.
赶过去
Right. I'll get dressed.
好吧,我马上换衣服
Oh, before you do,
在那之前
I-I think it's best if we talk.
我觉得我们应该谈谈
About?
谈什么
Whatever it was you wanted to discuss with me yesterday.
谈你昨天想跟我说的事情
You seemed quite pregnant at Dubrovensky's apartment.
你在杜布洛文斯基家好像很有心事
You've obviously already discussed it with Kitty.
显然你已经跟凯蒂讨论过了
How could you...
你怎么...
The motives of some women are inscrutable.
有些女人的动机是不可预测的
Their most trivial action may mean
她们的小动作可能意味着大事
volumes, their most extraordinary conduct
她们最不可思议的行为
may depend upon a hairpin.
可能只是因为一个发卡
You two are not like that.
你们俩不是那种人
I'm folding my private detective business
我要结束我自己的侦探事业
and I'm going to go work for Leda.
然后去利达公司工作了
They're a global insurance company.
那是一家全球保险公司
I'm gonna be one of their in-house investigators.
我要去做他们的内部调查员了
I did some freelance work for them a few months ago
我几个月前给他们干了点活
and they were impressed, so they asked me
他们觉得很不错,所以他们
to join on a more permanent basis.
想让我正式加入
This isn't really gonna change
这不会影响
the work that you and I do.
我跟你的工作的
This balance that we've struck--
我们已经建立的平衡
my cases, your cases, our cases.
我的案子,你的案子,我们的案子
That is not gonna change.
这都不会改变的
I'm gonna have time to work for Leda
我得有时间为利达工作
and the department. That is the only way
也得为警局工作,这是我同意签约的
I agreed to sign on.
唯一条件
An insurance company.
一家保险公司
Yeah, I like the people there.
对,我喜欢那里的人
Listen, I was gonna tell you a few weeks ago,
听着,我几周前就想告诉你
but you were struggling, and-and the last time I told you
但你那时还在挣扎,而且上次我告诉你
I wanted to make a change, you took off to London.
我想做出改变的时候,你直接跑去伦敦了
It's the captain.
是警监
The residence we identified
我们在布鲁克林定位的地方
is Dubrovensky's grow house.
就是杜布洛文斯基的种植房
He's expecting us.
他在等我们
No one was here when we took the door.
我们打开门时屋里没人
Which is not so weird
这并没有
in and of itself, but...
什么奇怪的,但...
take a look at these plants.
看看这些植物
They're dying.
它们快死了
Not all of them.
不是所有的
But a lot. At least a couple hundred grand worth.
但大部分是,至少值几十万
Says to me that Dubrovensky was the only guy who worked here.
说明杜布洛文斯基是唯一在这里工作的人
He died, his plants started to follow.
他死了,他种的植物也要跟着死了
Only they were never his plants, right?
但它们一直都不是他的,对吗
They were the cartel's, so why would they just let them die?
是贩毒集团的,那他们为什么任由它们死掉
Perhaps they didn't know he'd been killed.
也许是因为他们不知道他已经死了
Aren't we thinking
我们不是认为
that they killed him?
是他们杀了他吗
Are either of you familiar with the Wutai Pingtung orchid?
你们谁知道屏东雾台兰
It originated
它起源于
in the remote Wutai region of Taiwan.
台湾偏远的雾台地区
Decades of commercial development saw the extinction
数十年的商业发展导致为它们传粉的
of the moths that pollinated them. The orchids died off
蛾类的灭绝了,这种兰花濒临灭绝
until only one remained, making it the absolute
只留下了一株,这使它成了
rarest of rare flowers.
最稀有的花
There is only one
世界上只有一株
living in the entire world,
存活的屏东雾台兰
and it has an estimated value of a quarter
它的估价是
of a million dollars.
25万美元
Fascinating.
有趣
What has it got to do with any of this?
和这里有什么关系吗
Just over a year ago the Wutai Pingtung
就在一年前,屏东雾台兰
was stolen from an international flower show.
在国际花展上被偷了
And it's sitting right over there.
而现在,它就在那边
We thought Mr. Dubrovensky was killed
之前认为杜布洛文斯基是因为
over plants that you can smoke.
这些能吸的大麻被杀的
Perhaps he was killed over one you cannot.
也许他是因为这株你不能吸的植物被害的
Autopsy report on Clay Dubrovensky.
克雷·杜布洛文斯基的尸检报告
I am now quite certain the SDS did not kill him.
我现在很肯定不是SDS杀了他
Still think he died over a flower?
还是认为他因花而死吗
As I explained, this is no mere flower.
如我所说,这不仅仅是一朵花
This is the Wu...
这是雾...
Wutai Pingtung. It's rare. I get it.
屏东雾台兰,很稀有,我知道
An honest politician is rare.
一位诚实的政治家是稀有的
A marriage worth the bother is rare.
一段值得为之努力的婚姻是稀有的
This is the only orchid of its kind in existence.
但它可是世上唯一的雾台兰
It says here that Dubrovensky was dead
这上面说杜布洛文斯基在
before he was lit on fire.
被烧成焦炭前就死了
Succumbed to blunt force trauma in the back of his skull.
死于他头骨后方的钝器重击
But isn't the whole point of necklacing
但火项链(南非火刑)不是要在
to burn the victim while he's still alive?
受害者活着的时候烧死他吗
Hmm. Would have been quite sporting of them
也许点火前杀他
to kill him prior to ignition, no?
是为了娱乐一下
Maybe it was a rival gang.
也许是敌对帮派干的
They kill Dubrovensky and then frame the SDS.
他们杀了杜布洛文斯基然后嫁祸给SDS
Cartels don't frame people.
黑帮集团从不嫁祸于人
They sign their work repeatedly and aggressively.
他们会一次次表明自己的杰作
So this orchid was stolen over a year ago by Dubrovensky?
那一年前这兰花是杜布洛文斯基偷的
That's one possibility.
这是可能之一
Another possibility is that he bought it on the black market.
还有一种可能是他在黑市上买了它
There's a black market for flowers?
还有花的黑市
Ish. Most transactions are completed
算是吧,大多数交易都通过
via online auction sites.
拍卖网站进行网上交易
The thief lists, um... a more innocuous item.
他们会拿出某种无害的物品
This can, for example.
比如说这个易拉罐
And then positions it in front of the item
然后把这个物品放在
that he really wishes to sell.
他们真正想出手的东西前
To the untrained eye, the flower looks like mere backdrop.
对不了解的人来说,这个花就是背景装饰
Okay, so what happens
那如果我的苏打水罐
when my soda sells for $250,000?
卖了25万美元
Won't that raise a few eyebrows?
不会引人注意吗
You keep the auction private.
这种拍卖是私下进行的
And it's established beforehand that a bid of one dollar
而且会在事先建立好规则
is actually worth $100 or $1,000,
竞价时一美元就是一百或一千美元
so an item that appears to have sold for $15...
所以当一个物品看起来卖了十五美元
Is actually going for 15 grand.
它的实际价格其实是一万五
It's possible that
有可能是
Dubrovensky successfully bid on the orchid...
杜布洛文斯基拍到了这个兰花
and then the losing bidder
而没能拍到的人
came looking for him.
为此来找了他
What about the flower's original owner?
这花最开始的主人是谁
Less original owner
不能说是原主人
and more discoverer.
应该是发现者
I don't like him for a flaming tire murder, do you?
我不觉得他是实施火项链的谋杀者,你觉得呢
Lexi?
莱克西
Huh. Cool place.
地方真不错
Do-do you have any coffee here? Maybe an espresso machine?
你这里有咖啡吗,那种浓缩咖啡机
You texted me. You told me that you might be able
你发短信给我说你也许能
to help me find Tess.
帮我找到苔丝
Yeah, I heard you were asking about her.
是,我听说你在找她
A friend at school gave me your number.
学校里一个朋友给了我你的电话
Look, she called me last week. She thought
她上周给我打电话了
some guy in a white Jaguar was following her.
她觉得一个开白色捷豹的人在跟踪她
I told her it was the stuff we smoked that day
我告诉她是因为那天我们嗑药后的幻觉
and she was paranoid.
她有点疑神疑鬼了
She's been gone four days now.
她现在失踪四天了
Do you still think she was paranoid?
你还觉得她是疑神疑鬼吗
When she called, did she describe the driver?
她打电话时,有描述司机的样子吗
No.
没有
But I do have the license plate.
但我记下了车牌号
You thought she was paranoid and yet
你觉得她想多了
you took down the plate number?
还记下了车牌号
I guess.
算是吧
Murderers.
凶手
Who?
All of them.
他们所有人
Detective Bell.
贝尔警探
Barbara Conway. I'm senior
我是芭芭拉·康维,是
vice president of... Senior vice president of AgriNext's
阿里纳特公司的... 阿里纳特公司
GMO research division.
转基因研究部门的高级副总裁
Quite the corporate monstrosity, AgriNext, hmm?
阿里纳特公司,相当可怕的企业
In addition to your dominance in agricultural industries,
鉴于贵公司在农业上的垄断地位
there is powerful evidence to suggest
有强力的证据表明
that your neonicotinoid insecticides
你们的烟碱类杀虫剂
are the culprits in the ongoing bee genocide
是蜜蜂种群正因
known as colony collapse disorder. Would you care
蜂群崩坏症候群而灭绝的元凶
to comment on that?
你对此怎么看
When you told my assistant you had
你们告诉我的助手要问一些问题
some questions, was that just a lie to get in and harass me?
你是把那当成借口进来骚扰我的吗
Ms. Conway,
康维女士
are you familiar with the name Clay Dubrovensky?
你知道克雷·杜布洛文斯基吗
No.
不知道
What about the Wutai Pingtung orchid?
那屏东雾台兰呢
I'm sorry. What?
抱歉,那是什么
You are very good at feigning innocence.
你很善于装无辜
Perhaps it's all that lying about the bees.
也许关于蜜蜂的那些也是谎话
Clay Dubrovensky was found murdered yesterday.
克雷·杜布洛文斯基昨天被发现死于谋杀
Now, my colleagues checked his Internet history,
我的同事检查了他的网上记录
'cause they thought it might have had
因为他们认为
something to do with his purchase Instead, we found
他的死可能和
record of him selling it.
他出售那株兰花的记录
To you.
卖给了你
Please don't ask us to believe that you paid $89
不要试图让我们相信你花了89美元
for a bureau that just happens to have
买了张桌子,但刚好桌上面放了
one of the world's rarest flowers sitting on top of it.
一盆世界上最珍贵的兰花
We are well aware of the codes
我们很清楚这种非法交易中
and price multiples employed in such illegal transactions.
所使用的代码和价格倍数
The day after the auction ended, Dubrovensky
拍卖结束的第二天,杜布洛文斯基
deposited a cashier's check for $89,000
往银行账户里存了一张八万九千美元的
into a bank account.
现金支票
You thought you were getting
你觉得你简直是在网上白捡了
the only Wutai Pingtung orchid in the world
世界上唯一一株的
for a virtual steal.
屏东雾台兰
Only Mr. Dubrovensky never delivered.
但杜布洛文斯基并没有发货
He kept it for himself.
他把它留下来了
But you couldn't complain to the auction site or go
但你不能投诉拍卖网站
to the police. Not without admitting that you had
或报警,除非你承认
tried to purchase a very valuable stolen object.
参与购买了高价值的赃物
You track Mr. Dubrovensky down,
你找到了杜布洛文斯基
you confront him, things go poorly.
你质问他,然后失控了
I'm not sure how you knew to frame the SDS cartel
我不确定你怎么知道把他的死
for his murder, but, I don't know,
嫁祸给SDS的,但也许
perhaps you bought furniture from him before.
你之前也在那网上买过家具
You're right, I did buy that bureau.
你是对的,我的确买了那个桌子
But if you're saying this Dubrovensky person
但若如你所说,这个杜布洛文斯基
was the seller-- okay, sure. I only ever knew him
就是卖家,好吧他是,我只认识
by his account name.
他的网上账户名
Ms. Conway... He threw the flower in for free.
康维女士,他把花免费送我了
It's in the conference room if you'd like to see it.
它现在就在会议室里
I think it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.
我觉得这是世上最美丽的存在了
But I would never pay $89,000 for it.
但我永远不会花八万九千美元买它
If you need it for your investigation,
如果你们需要它来调查
by all means, take it.
尽管拿走好了
I'm sorry I'm not
很抱歉
the murderer you were hoping I was.
我不是你们希望找到的那个凶手
For the last time,
最后说一遍
I've never seen this girl before in my life.
我从没见过这个女孩
But you do own the vehicle that was described to us.
但你的确是我们得知的那个车的车主
The plates we were given come back to you.
通过那个牌照我们追查到了你
Which can only mean that someone's
这只能说有人
playing some sort of stupid prank.
开了一个愚蠢的玩笑
What about this girl? You ever seen her before?
那这个姑娘呢,你之前从没见过她
This is amazing.
真搞笑
Why don't you just show me photos of every missing girl
你们为啥不把所有失踪女孩的照片
in the city? It's not like I don't have anything else to do.
都拿给我看,就好像我很闲一样
This girl told a friend that she saw your car
这姑娘告诉一个朋友,上周六
following her last Saturday, so if you
她看见你的车跟踪她
want us to get you...
如果你希望我们去...
Oh, wait, wait, wait a second. Last Saturday?
等下,等下,上周六
Was she in Baltimore?
她住巴尔的摩吗
No.
不是
Well, that's interesting, because I was.
那就有意思了,因为我在那里
My son's lacrosse team had a tournament. We took the Jag.
我儿子的曲棍球队在那有巡回赛,我们开走了捷豹车
You want to ask me more questions, contact my attorney.
如果还想问我问题,和我的律师联系
Mr. Perryman, before you go...
派瑞曼先生,走之前...
Has anyone ever told you that you have a queer left thumb?
有没有人告诉过你你左手拇指很奇怪
What was that about?
问那个做什么
I don't think he did it. I don't think he took Tess.
我觉得不是他干的,不是他绑走了苔丝
But I think I know how to find her.
但我已经知道怎么找到她了
So there are two Wutai Pingtung orchids left, not one.
那就是有两株屏东雾台兰,不是一株
So what?
那又怎样
It was my understanding that was impossible.
我本来以为这是不可能的
And your understanding can never be wrong?
你的想法就永远不会错吗
Did you notice these bags
你注意到这些纸包了吗
the AgriNext lady left in the box with the orchid?
阿里纳特公司那女的放在兰花盒子里的
Yep. They're plant food.
是的,是些植物肥料
So, what do you think?
你怎么想
They look hungry?
它们像是饿了吗
You wish to kill them?
你想弄死它们吗
You just said this was food.
你刚才不是说这是肥料吗
For some other plants.
是用于其他植物的肥料
Can you not tell by the smell?
难道你闻不出来吗
That's ground coffee and dried mackerel.
这是些磨碎的咖啡豆和晒干的鲐鱼
Mackerel has an extremely high nitrogen content,
鲐鱼富含氮元素
too high for orchids.
不适宜兰花
Ms. Conway gave us that bag by mistake.
康维女士不小心给错了
The correct one is the other bag.
应该是另外一包
What, were you worried I was going to kill them
怎么,你是担心我会在你之前
before you could?
弄死它们吗
Root structures are like fingerprints--
根的结构就像指纹一样
no two are the same.
没有两个是完全一样的
These are identical.
但这两个是一样的
Okay, how could you possibly...
好吧,你怎么能...
They're also the root structures of plants
而且它们的根结构
no older than six months.
才长了不到半年
The real Wutai Pingtung is five years old.
而真正的屏东雾台兰长了五年
Wait a minute, are you saying that these are fakes?
等一下,你是说这些是假的
Clones.
克隆的
Mr. Dubrovensky's lover said he had grown bored.
杜布洛文斯基的爱人说他感觉乏味
He has doctorates in botany.
他是植物学博士
And genetics.
也是基因学博士
If he never laid hands on the original orchid,
即使他从未接触过原始的那株兰花
he at least acquired a cutting.
他至少也是弄到了一部分
That would've been more than enough to make him
这就足以让他
the floral equivalent of a forger.
克隆出许多花来
The AgriNext exec, Barbara Conway,
阿里纳特公司的那个总裁,芭芭拉·康维
maybe she realized she bought a fake and confronted him.
或许她意识到自己买了假货然后找他对质
Dubrovensky could've produced dozens of clones,
杜布洛文斯基可能克隆了几十株
which means his scam could've been executed dozens of times.
也就是说他或许已经骗了几十个人
Ms. Conway should return to our suspect list.
康维女士又成为我们的嫌疑人了
But we should also look for evidence of other victims.
但我们也应该找找其他被骗者的证据
What are you doing?
你干什么
Well, they may be fakes but they're still beautiful.
虽然它们是假的,但仍然很漂亮
I am going to water them.
我打算给它们浇水
It occurs to me I haven't congratulated you
我刚想起来我还没有恭喜你
on your new venture with the insurance company, Leda.
在利达保险公司找到了新工作
Congratulations.
恭喜
Thanks.
谢谢
I understand why you waited to tell me.
我明白为何你一直没跟我说
I do tend to react poorly to change.
我在应对变化方面确实做的不好
Well, like I said, this shouldn't be much change at all.
就像我说的,根本就不应该有变化
I'll still be at the precinct all the time.
我还是会一直去警局
Even if you weren't, it's your life, Watson.
不去也没事,这是你的人生,华生
I've no right to a monopoly.
我无权控制你
The truth is,
实际上
I've been considering a change of my own.
我一直在考虑改变一下自己
It's completely unrelated to your news, I assure you,
我向你保证,这跟你的事完全无关
but it has been weighing on my mind
但我心里一直装着这个事
and I thought I should apprise you of it.
所以我觉得应该告诉你
Isn't that your phone?
不是你的电话响吗
It can wait.
一会再接
It's Captain Gregson. Hello.
是格雷森警监,喂
Is Holmes with you?
福尔摩斯跟你在一块吗
Yeah, he's right here.
是,他在
I thought you two would want to know
我想告诉你们一下
there were two more necklace murders tonight.
今晚又发现了两起火刑
The killers left a message this time.
这次凶手留下了消息
"Guerra de Guerra."
"血之血"
Portuguese vernacular.
葡萄牙方言
It colloquially translates as "This means war."
可以通俗地翻译"这就是战争"
Usually I would've figured it was for another gang,
通常我会认为这是另一个帮派干的
but this is the opposite of gang territory.
但这绝不是黑帮的地方
I'm standing in front of the AgriNext
我正站在阿里纳特公司
corporate headquarters in Whitestone.
在白石区的总部前
You guys were here today, right?
你们今天来过这,对吧
We were.
是的
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say
我大胆地猜一下
this wasn't a coincidence.
这应该不是巧合
William Keller, AgriNext's CFO.
威廉·凯勒,阿里纳特公司的首席财务官
And this is Nelson Shelby,
这是尼尔森·谢尔比
one of their board of directors.
董事会成员之一
Now, as far as we can tell,
我们现在只知道
they were abducted as they reached their residences
他们昨晚一回家就被绑架了
last night, presumably by members of the SDS.
应该是SDS的人干的
But why does the cartel want to kill off AgriNext executives?
为什么黑帮集团要杀掉阿里纳特的高管
I talked to a company spokesman.
我跟他们公司的发言人聊过
The official line is "No idea,"
他们的官方回答是"不知道"
but off the record, their best guess is political retaliation.
但私下里,他们觉得是政治报复
Brazil's a billion-dollar market for AgriNext
巴西是阿里纳特公司的大市场
so they pump millions into local elections.
所以他们给当地的选举投了很多钱
Buys them influence over policy decisions.
从而可以买到在政策决定方面的影响力
Guy said sometimes
那个人说有时
the drug cartels just don't like the candidates they back.
毒品犯罪集团并不喜欢他们公司支持的候选人
That's bollocks.
简直扯淡
On the record and off.
两种说法都是扯淡
In your experience, detective,
根据你的经验,警探
how often does the party on the receiving end
你什么时候听过
of a cartel assassination say,
犯罪集团的杀手说
"If only we knew what we'd done to upset them?" No.
要是我们知道怎么能惹怒他们就好了,不会
When a criminal organization
当一个犯罪集团
sends a violent message, it does so with a certainty
通过暴力方式发出信息时,那会是
that that message is clear.
一种很明确的信息
AgriNext knows and they're just not telling us.
阿里纳特公司很清楚,只是不告诉我们
You guys were at AgriNext yesterday.
你们俩昨天去过阿里纳特公司
You talk to another executive?
跟另一名高管聊过吗
Yeah, we thought she might
是的,我们觉得
have something to do with the Dubrovensky murder.
她跟杜布洛文斯基的谋杀案有关
She?
女的
Her name is Barbara Conway
她叫芭芭拉·康维
and she runs the GMO department.
负责转基因部门
Well, she's in the clear for these two.
她跟这两个人无关
Witness saw a Hispanic male
目击者看到一个拉丁裔男人
light them up. 30s.
把他们点着了,三十多岁
We're getting a sketch going.
正在画他的画像
Maybe he's also the guy who did Dubrovensky.
或许他也是杀害杜布洛文斯基的人
The rope used to bind the victims' hands and feet,
捆住死者手脚的绳子
it's intact.
完好无损
Now, most rope would disintegrate
绝大部分绳子在轮胎燃烧产生的
at the temperature of a burning tire.
温度下会分解
This is para-aramid rope.
这是用对位芳纶制作的绳子(具有高耐热性)
It's made for the express purpose
是用以抵抗极高温的
of resisting extreme heat.
特殊用途产品
It's a logical choice for an organization
喜欢烧活人的犯罪集团用它
in the habit of burning people alive, right?
很符合逻辑
Can't be too many places that sell this stuff.
卖这绳子的地方肯定不多
Military surplus, fire and rescue gear.
军用物资店,消防和救援设备店
I'll make a few calls and get that sketch out there.
我去打几个电话把画像拿去问问
You will recall, however,
不过你应该记得
that Clay Dubrovensky was not bound with para-aramid rope,
克雷·杜布洛文斯基不是被这种绳子绑着的
further suggesting he was not killed by the cartel.
近一步说明了他不是被犯罪集团杀害的
You still like Barbara Conway?
你还认为是芭芭拉·康维干的
Watson and I still believe
华生和我仍然相信
that she had motive to want him dead.
她有杀他的动机
Plus, she worked with these two.
况且,她是跟这两位一起工作的
You're right, I was not entirely forthcoming with you yesterday.
你说得对,我昨天并没有完全说实话
I started collecting flowers ten years ago.
我十年前开始收集花
I'd been promoted, I was making real money.
升职后,我挣了不少钱
I could afford an expensive hobby.
可以负担得起这个奢侈的爱好
So, you admit that you thought you were buying
那你是承认打算从杜布洛文斯基先生那
the real Wutai Pingtung orchid from Mr. Dubrovensky.
买来真正的屏东雾台兰
It was the craziest thing I'd ever done,
这是我做的最离谱的事
but it was so beautiful,
不过它真的很漂亮
it was so unique that I...
也很特殊,以至于我...
Eventually I realized it was a fake, just like you said.
但最后我发现它是假的,就像你说的
And you'd been conned out of 89 grand.
你被骗了八万九千块
That was nothing to me.
这对我来说不算什么
I mean, I know how that sounds, but it's true.
我知道这听起来让人不快,但这是真的
Besides, I wasn't angry.
况且,我并不生气
I was impressed.
而是感到惊讶
Duplicating something as delicate as that orchid,
能够把那么微妙,那么复杂的兰花
something as complex, it's...
复制出来,这...
it's more than a science. It's an art.
这不仅仅是科学,而是艺术
I showed it to a few of my colleagues,
我给我的几位同事看了
and they agreed.
他们也这么觉得
I used the company's resources to track Clay down.
我利用公司的资源找到了克雷
I offered him a job
想邀请他
at AgriNext.
来我们公司工作
That's when I found out about his other business.
就是那个时候我发现了他的其他生意
He told you he was a grower for the SDS.
他说他是SDS的一员
How did that go over with human resources?
人力资源部怎么会放这样的人进公司
It made us want him even more.
这让我们更想要他了
It's nothing we've been advertising,
我们并没有大肆宣传
but AgriNext has been preparing
但是阿里纳特公司准备
for legalized marijuana for years.
合法化大麻有很多年了
As soon as the legislation catches up,
一旦立法通过了
we'll be ready to move.
我们就会行动
So, you wanted to hire him,
所以你想雇他
but he already had an employer.
但他已经有老板了
It was complicated.
这事很复杂
Clay was excited about the possibility of going legit,
克雷对能够合法化很感兴趣
not to mention getting his hands on AgriNext's resources.
更别提可以使用阿里纳特公司的资源了
He knew he could do great things with us,
他知道和我们一起可以干出大事业来
but he couldn't just quit the SDS.
但是SDS不是想退就退的
We had to buy him out.
我们得帮他赎身他
So you entered into a negotiation with a drug cartel.
所以你和贩毒集团进行了谈判
Right.
是的
You know, decorum forbids me from showing my emotions
你知道,我的教养克制了我的情感表达
during an interview such as this one, but I assure you,
尤其是这种对话的情况下,但说真的
on the inside, I am doubled over with laughter.
在心里,我已经笑得双脚朝天了
Clay went to the cartel.
克雷去找黑帮集团
They set a price-- $10 million.
他们报了价,一千万
The company countered at $5 million.
公司砍到了五百万
And now inside me is soiling himself.
我内心的自己已经笑尿了
He called me the night he was killed.
他被杀那晚给我打过电话
He told me that he was going to meet with the cartel,
他告诉我要去和黑帮集团见面
tell them to accept the offer.
告诉他们接受提议
Because he had decided that he was going to come
因为他已经决定过来了
and work for our company no matter what.
不管如何都要为公司工作
Obviously they didn't appreciate that.
显然他们并不同意
They killed him
他们杀了他
and then they killed Nelson and William last night
然后昨晚他们杀了尼尔森和威廉
for good measure.
为了保险起见
These higher-ups you mentioned, can we assume
你提到的那些高层,能保证
that they'll confirm everything you just told us?
他们会证实你所说的这些事吗
If they don't, I have the memos that will.
如果他们不作证,我还有备忘录可以证明
Morning, Tess.
早上好,苔丝
Who the hell are you?
你是谁
I'm a friend of your mum's.
我是你妈妈的朋友
I know what you're trying to do.
我知道你想做什么
Lexi told me everything.
莱克西都告诉我了
This is her aunt's apartment.
这是她阿姨的公寓
Her aunt who's away for the next few months.
她阿姨需要出门几个月
She gave you a key,
她给了你钥匙
you gave her a license plate number
你给了她车牌号码
that would lead any and all interested parties to a man
会引导任何调查方的意向到一个男人身上
by the name of Grant Perryman.
那人名叫格兰特·派瑞曼
I know he's your father, Tess.
我知道他是你的父亲,苔丝
He's not my father.
他不是我父亲
He is.
他是
He just also happens to be your mother's rapist.
只是他同时还是强奸你妈妈的人
That must've been really hard finding out.
知道这事一定让你很痛苦
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Then go.
那就离开
And don't tell anyone you found me.
不要告诉任何人你找到了我
I can't.
我不能
She was only a few years older than me.
她那时只比我大几岁
She'd never even...
她甚至都没有...
He got her drunk at a party
他在派对上灌醉了她
and he, uh...
然后他...
She was afraid.
她很害怕
And stupid.
也很傻
I mean, she didn't tell anyone for weeks.
我是说,她过了几周都没告诉任何人
When she did, she couldn't prove it.
当她说出来的时候,已经无法证明了
His parents were so rich,
他的父母很有钱
they offered a settlement anyway.
他们提出了赔偿
All my mother had to do was keep her mouth shut.
我母亲只要安静闭嘴就好了
She did.
她照做了
She was so good at it, she didn't even tell them
她太听话了,以至于当她发现
when she found out she was pregnant.
自己怀孕时也没有告诉他们
That's why I didn't recognize your picture the other day.
这就是为什么他那天没认出你的照片
How did you recognize him?
你怎么认出他的
Did my mom tell you?
我妈妈告诉你的吗
I have this friend.
我有一位朋友
He has a habit of drilling all sorts of facts into my head.
他喜欢往我脑中灌输各种小常识
Did you know, for example,
举个例子,你知道吗
that 0.4% of Caucasians have brachydactyly type D thumbs.
千分之四的白种人有D型过短拇指
Also called clubbed thumbs.
也叫做棒状拇指
Of those, three quarters have them on both hands.
其中四分之三的人是双手都有
But I couldn't help noticing in your pictures that
但是我不禁注意到在照片里
you have a type D thumb on your left hand only.
你只有在左手有D型拇指
Just like Grant Perryman.
和格兰特·派瑞曼一样
Your mum put everything behind her,
你妈妈把过去都隐藏起来了
but you wanted to dredge it all up again
但是你想再挖掘出来
and force her to talk about it.
并且逼迫她说出来
To the press and to the police.
告诉媒体和警察
Everyone would find out exactly what kind of man he is.
让别人都知道他是个什么样的个人
He deserves it.
他是罪有应得
But your mum doesn't.
但你妈妈不是
What she went through was terrible.
她经历的事情很糟糕
It was unspeakable.
简直无语言可以形容
But she chose to focus on the good in her life.
但是她选择面对生命中的美好
She chose you.
她选择了你
And your mum wanted to make sure...
而且你妈妈想要确保...
According to these memos,
根据这些备忘录
everything Barbara Conway told us was true.
芭芭拉·康维所说的一切都是真的
The-the language is deliberately vague
言语用词虽然故意很含糊
and they never refer to the cartel by name,
并且从来不直呼黑帮集团的名字
but it's pretty obvious
但是很显然
that AgriNext wanted Dubrovensky on the company payroll.
阿里纳特公司想要杜布洛文斯基来工作
Maybe we were wrong about the murder.
也许我们猜错凶手了
Maybe it really was the SDS.
也许真的是SDS干的
They wanted to burn him alive,
他们想要活活烧死他
but there was a struggle
但是却遭到了反抗
and he died from a blow to the skull.
然后他就头部受重击而死了
But the killers still had to sign their work.
但是杀手还是得留下标记
Utterly and annoyingly possible.
十分恼人得有这种可能
Hmm. Why does it smell like coffee and fish in here?
这里怎么有一股咖啡和鱼的味道
Is that the plant food
那个不是芭芭拉·康维
that Barbara Conway gave us?
给咱们的植物肥料吗
The one that you said would kill the orchid?
你说会杀死兰花的那个
Mm-hmm. While it might be an annoyance to your senses,
嗯,也许你闻起来很糟糕
it is an onslaught to mine.
但对我来说是一种精神刺激
I was hoping that the barrage might trigger some new thoughts,
我期望这种冲击能够带来一些新想法
but so far... mm.
但到目前为止...
We never finished our conversation the other night.
那晚的话题我们还没说完呢
Yeah, you said you wanted to make a change.
你说你想做点改变
You know how much I value you.
你知道我很重视你
I've made that clear on...
我在很多时候都
numerous occasions, sometimes embarrassingly so.
表达过这个想法,有时还挺尴尬的
You've been a good friend
你一直是个好朋友
and a good partner.
也是个好搭档
It was you, in fact,
实际上,是你
that helped me understand the concept of partnership,
让我了解到了陪伴的意义
the value of it.
它的重要性
Are you leaving New York again?
你又要离开纽约了吗
No, quite the opposite.
不,正好相反
Mm. I don't understand.
我不明白
What is the change you want to make?
你想做出什么改变
Kitty, I'm sure you'll agree,
凯蒂,你肯定会同意的
has made an excellent protégée.
她是个很棒的门徒
But... I believe that a matriculation is in order.
但是,我觉得可以安排入学考试了
So you want to make Kitty your new partner.
你想让凯蒂成为你的新搭档
That she had the makings of a detective
她有成为侦探的潜力
was never in doubt.
这是肯定的
But I confess to having my concerns regarding her history.
但我同样也担心她的过往历史
The many... traumas visited upon her.
她遭受的那些伤害
And I was certain that it would take time to develop her.
我认为需要时间来训练她
Years.
很多年
I was wrong.
但我错了
Mostly thanks to you.
主要托你的福
Your instruction has been crucial
你的介入很重要
and, in certain areas, more crucial than mine.
在某些方面,比我的还重要
I'm proud of her, Watson.
我为她骄傲,华生
I think she's ready.
我觉得她准备好了
I, um...
I'm happy for her. And you.
我为她感到高兴,还有你
I think it's a great idea.
我觉得这主意很棒
The other day you made reference to the balance that we'd struck,
那天你提到了我们之间的平衡
your cases, my cases, our cases.
你的案子,我的案子,我们的案子
This won't change that.
这不会改变的
It's Marcus.
是马库斯
He says they've got the guy who killed the AgriNext execs.
他说找到杀害阿里纳特公司高管的人了
That tip about the rope paid dividends.
关于绳子的细节很有帮助
Marcus canvassed the shops that sell it,
马库斯调查了贩卖过它的商店
and one of the owners remembered this guy,
其中一位店主认出了这个人
Marco Gonsalves, coming in to buy a bunch of it.
马可·贡萨尔维斯,去买了一大堆
Security cameras outside the store caught his license plate.
店外的摄像头拍到了他的车牌号
We put a finest message out,
我们通知了各处
and a radio car got lucky.
一辆通讯车碰巧遇上
Now, the prints place him at the AgriNext executives' murders.
指纹证明他在阿里纳特公司高管谋杀现场
So does the witness.
还有证人的证词
I take it from the legal pad that he's writing his confession.
看那纸样他是在写供认书吗
In addition to copping to killing the AgriNext execs,
除了杀害阿里纳特公司高管
he wants to take credit for a dozen other hits.
他还想承认十几起其他凶案
He's trying to maximize his value to the SDS,
他是想让自己对SDS的价值最大化
absorb as many charges as he can
能背的指控越多越好
since he already knows he's going away for life.
反正他肯定要被判终身监禁
But here's the thing,
但问题是
the only murder he won't take the rap for
唯一他不肯认的罪
is Clay Dubrovensky's.
就是谋杀克雷·杜布洛文斯基
He does seem to have an idea as to who did do it,
他似乎知道真凶是谁
but he won't give us a name.
但是不肯告诉我们
Best guess right now is a rival cartel.
最大的可能是跟他们对立的黑帮集团
Maybe they identified Sangue do Sangue's grower in New York
也许他们查出了血之血在纽约的种植人
and killed him to mess with their business.
为乱其生意而杀了他
We'll keep you posted.
有最新进展就通知你们
You said the other night
你那天晚上说
that if another cartel killed Dubrovensky,
如果另一个黑帮集团杀了杜布洛文斯基
they would have signed their work.
他们会留下自己的标记
A cartel would. A corporation would not.
黑帮集团会,公司就不会了
Take everything Barbara Conway told us and flip it.
芭芭拉·康维所说的一切都暂且不管
Dubrovensky didn't tell the SDS he wanted out
杜布洛文斯基没告诉SDS他想退出
of the deal-- he told AgriNext.
他是对阿里纳特公司说的
They were the ones who got angry.
是他们动怒了
Perhaps they were worried he knew too much.
可能他们担心他知道的太多
Or they didn't want to have to compete with his weed further down the line.
或者不想以后跟他种出的大麻竞争
Well, either way,
不管怎样
they framed the SDS and the cartel retaliated.
他们陷害了SDS 黑帮就采取了报复
Immolating two of the top brass and leaving them on an AgriNext lawn.
杀了他们两名高管,并留在公司的草坪上
I propose another conversation with Ms. Conway.
我建议再找康维女士谈谈
If she wasn't part of what happened,
如果她跟此事无关
perhaps she can tell us who was.
也许能告诉我们谁有嫌疑
Did you give Dubrovensky's ex-girlfriend my number?
你把我的号码给了杜布洛文斯基的前女友吗
You know I don't like to give out my own.
你知道我不喜欢把我的号码给别人
Well, she wants to talk. Says it's important.
她说想找我谈谈,有要事
A case of the munchies, perhaps.
也许要给你一盒点心
You go. I'll locate Ms. Conway.
去吧,我去找康维女士
Hey.
你好
I wasn't sure you'd come.
我还担心你不来呢
Why'd you want me to meet you here?
为什么要约我在这里见
The super lives next door,
楼管员就住在隔壁
only he won't let me into Clay's apartment
可他不让我进克雷的公寓
unless someone from the department signs off.
除非有警局的人签字
And why do you want to go inside Clay's apartment?
那你为什么要进克雷的公寓呢
Clay gave me this.
克雷送给我的
He made it. He grew it.
他自己培育的
It's a yellow clivia.
是株黄色君子兰
When you texted me, you said it was important.
你给我发的短信说有要事
He used to give me special food.
他以前总是给我特别的肥料
Even after we broke up. He made it himself.
即使是在我们分手后,是他亲手做的
And it's inside.
肥料就在里面
I thought that maybe if you spoke to the super...
我想要是你能跟楼管员说说...
You must think I'm an idiot,
你肯定觉得我是个傻子
starting up again with a guy who cheated on me,
跟劈腿的前男友和好
getting sentimental about a flower he gave me.
还对他送我的花多愁善感
Well, I'm not here to judge you.
我不是来对你说三道四的
You know what the really stupid thing is?
你知道真正傻的是什么吗
Is that he gave these to all the girls.
他会送这个给所有女孩
What do you mean?
什么意思
Girls he was sleeping with.
跟他上床的女孩
He would give them a yellow clivia.
他会送她们一株黄色君子兰
Just like mine.
就像我这株
It was, like, his move.
像是他的惯用伎俩
He told me that when we started hooking up again.
当我们又开始上床时他对我说的
I probably should've been mad, but we weren't back together, you know?
也许我该生气的,但我们又不是男女朋友
I actually thought it was kind of funny.
我甚至觉得这有点搞笑明早来警局
Found it.
找到了
Plant food.
植物肥料
Like I told you,
就像我说的
it's gross. It smells like coffee and...
气味很恶心,闻起来像咖啡和...
Fish.
It's Clay's special recipe.
是克雷的特别秘方
Made just for the clivia.
专为君子兰做的
Watson.
华生
Hey. Barbara Conway's coming to the station tomorrow?
喂,芭芭拉·康维明天来警局是吗
Yes.
She claims to have no knowledge of an AgriNext conspiracy to kill Dubrovensky,
她说对阿里纳特公司密谋杀害杜布洛文斯基毫不知情
but she has a few ideas as to who might.
但她知道几个有嫌疑的人
That's because you were right all along.
那是因为你一直都说对了
She's the one who did it.
杀人凶手就是她
Please take a seat.
请坐吧
Is Mr. Holmes coming?
福尔摩斯先生会来吗
No. It's just us today.
不,今天就我们俩
He caught me off guard last night.
昨晚他太让我吃惊了
This idea that someone from AgriNext may have killed Clay.
告诉我阿里纳特公司可能有人杀了克雷
But... the more I thought about it,
但...我越想
the more I wondered.
越觉得怀疑
The company's been accused of much worse.
公司还做过更为恶劣的事
Usually overseas but still...
通常都是在海外,不过...
I know it was you, Barbara.
我知道是你干的,芭芭拉
Excuse me?
你说什么
I know you killed Clay.
是你杀了克雷
When you gave us the orchid the other day,
你那天给我们兰花的时候
you accidentally included some food for a yellow clivia,
不小心拿了一包黄色君子兰的肥料
a very special one that Clay gave you.
是克雷给你的很特殊的一种
The two of you were involved.
你们俩在一起过
I don't see how that has anything to do
我不知道这跟你说的
with what you're...
有何关系...
I don't think you planned to kill him.
我觉得你不是预谋杀他
That's important.
这很重要
You realized he was sleeping with his ex,
你得知他还跟前任有染
and you confronted him.
就去质问他
But it didn't go well.
但事情进展不顺
I think I should call my lawyer.
我觉得我该叫律师了
You could, but I wouldn't.
你可以叫,但我不建议你这样
He'll tell you to leave.
他会要你马上离开
And this is your one, best chance to show contrition,
而这是你唯一也是最好的表现悔恨的机会
to try and make people understand
试图让人们明白
that you did not mean to kill Clay
你并非预谋杀害克雷
or the Kelleys.
或是凯利夫妇
Like I said, I don't think
我说了,我觉得
you went to Clay's that night
你那晚去找克雷
with the intention of killing him.
并没有计划杀他
You didn't show up with a hollowed-out tire,
你不是带着放了气的轮胎去的
which means you had to go out and get one
说明你必须在事后
right after it happened.
出去找一个
Now, my colleagues are combing the area around Clay's apartment right now.
现在,我的同事正在克雷公寓附近排查
It is only a matter of time
有人认出你的照片
before someone recognizes your picture.
只是早晚问题
Now, they know I'm talking to you right now, Barbara.
他们知道我现在正在跟你谈,芭芭拉
So the longer you wait
所以你等的时间越久
and the more you make them work for this,
让他们花越多功夫找出证人
the harder it's gonna be for you.
对你来说就越不利
I kept it.
我把它留下了
The clivia.
那株君子兰
I know how crazy that sounds, but...
我知道这听起来有多疯狂,但...
I loved him.
我爱他
Would it have been more satisfying
能够除掉一头公司巨兽
to eviscerate a corporate behemoth? Unquestionably.
会更令人满意吗,毫无疑问
But the true killer has confessed. We can ask for little more.
但真正的凶手已经招供,我们要求不了更多了
I know. It's just...
我知道,只是...
You're doing that wrong.
你戴错了
S-Sorry.
抱歉
It's, uh... Kitty's agreed to take part in an exercise.
凯蒂答应参加一项练习
Have you told her about the, uh, matriculation yet?
你告诉她入学考试的事了吗
No. But it is on today's agenda.
没,不过那是今天的计划之一
Well, I'm working at Leda today, so...
我今天在利达工作,所以
maybe I'll come by with some pizzas
也许等会我可以带点批萨过来
and offer my congratulations in person.
亲自恭喜她
The captain's calling me. Do you wish to hold?
警监打来电话了,你想等等吗
No. Take it. I'll see you later.
不,你接吧,待会见
Captain.
警监
A body just turned up. I need you at the scene.
发现了一具尸体,我需要你来现场
Right, we'll leave immediately.
好,我们马上就出发
No. Just you.
不,你一个人来
Her name is Melanie Vilkas. 24 years old.
死者名叫梅勒妮·威卡斯,24岁
She went missing a few days ago.
她几天前失踪
Whoever took her kept her alive until last night
绑架者留她活口直至昨晚
and then he dumped her.
然后弃尸于此
And the reason I couldn't bring Kitty with me?
我不能带凯蒂同来的原因是什么
Take a look at her back.
看看她的后背
They're the same markings
在你给我的文件里
I saw in those files you gave me,
我看到过一样的标记
the same ones that are on Kitty's back.
跟凯蒂背上的标记一样
So the man who hurt her is here in New York.
所以伤害过她的那个人来纽约了

重点单词   查看全部解释    
detective [di'tektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 侦探的
n. 侦探

联想记忆
flush [flʌʃ]

想一想再看

v. 奔流,发红,冲洗,迅速流过
n. 脸红,

联想记忆
describe [dis'kraib]

想一想再看

vt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成

联想记忆
scene [si:n]

想一想再看

n. 场,景,情景

 
prior ['praiə]

想一想再看

adj. 优先的,更重要的,在前的
adv.

 
insurance [in'ʃuərəns]

想一想再看

n. 保险,保险费,安全措施

联想记忆
monopoly [mə'nɔpəli]

想一想再看

n. 垄断,专利,独占,控制

联想记忆
motive ['məutiv]

想一想再看

adj. 发动的,运动的,积极的,动机的
n.

联想记忆
recipe ['resipi]

想一想再看

n. 食谱,秘诀,药方

联想记忆
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。