Uh, sorry.
抱歉
Miss Baker?
贝克小姐?
I am Fahim.
我是法希姆
Oh, Fahim, hi! Pleased to meet you.
法希姆,嗨,很高兴见到你
The car is over here and we go.
车子就在这,我们走吧
She says, uh... "Welcome to Afghanistan."
她说"欢迎来到阿富汗"
Okay, let's go.
好的,我们走
Here is your local mobile. The number is on the back.
这是你在这里使用的手机 号码就在后面
Yeah, I ordered some money last week. Still in the post. I'll fix you up next week. Okay.
是的,我上周要了一些钱 现在还没到 我下周给你答复 好的
Yes, the air here takes some getting used to.
是的,这里的空气得 花点时间才能适应
It's quite polluted with feces.
有一股排泄物的味道
Ah, here she is! How are you, Kim?
她来了,你好吗,金姆?
My name's Nic.
我叫尼克
I'll be doing your security. I'll take your bag.
我负责你的安全 我来给你拿包
Fahim. The police are giving me shit for parking here.
法希姆,警察对我停车在这 唧唧歪歪了
They just want money.
他们只想要钱
Wait, oh, no. Um, do you need money?
等等,不,你需要钱吗?
Hey! Hey! I'm sorry. Sorry. Piss off!
嘿,嘿 很抱歉,抱歉 滚开
Remember that we are at altitude here, so drink plenty of water while you acclimatize.
要记住我们在高海拔地区 所以要记得喝够饮水
Where did you learn English?
你在哪学的英语?
At medical school. I was a doctor.
在医学院,我以前是医生
Listen, rest up tonight.
听着,今晚好好休息
Tomorrow, I'll drive you to the base for your embed.
明天,我送你去你入驻的基地
And just one bag, but make sure you pack extra socks and knickers.
只能带一个袋子 要多带袜子和短裤
That's like, um, it's like "panties," yeah?
我指的是"短内裤",懂吗?
So, you've been embedded before, then?
那么,你之前去部队体验过生活吗?
Not really. We all did hostilezone training in 2001.
也不是,我们在2001年接受过在敌方地区生存的训练
They taught us to open our mouths if we get mortared... That kind of stuff.
他们教我们在被人 抓住时要记得配合 诸如此类的东西