Selected Scene 2
场景2
Laszlo: Monsieur Blame, I wonder if I could talk to you?
拉兹洛:布莱思先生,可以跟你谈谈吗?
Rick: Go ahead.
里克:谈吧!
Laszlo: Well, is there some other place? It is rather confidential, what I have to say.
拉兹洛:嗯,有没有其他的地方?我要说的事情相当机密。
Rick: Come up to my office.
里克:那到我办公室吧。
Laszlo: You must know that it's very important I get out of Casablanca. All right. But it's my privilege to be one of the leaders of the great movement. You know what I have been doing. You know what it means to the work, to the lives of thousands and thousands of people that I should be free to reach America and continue my work.
拉兹洛:好吧。你应该知道我离开卡萨布兰卡是相当重要的,我有幸成为伟大运动的领导人之一。你知道我所从事的事业。七知道这项事业意味着什么,为了成千上万人们的生命,我应该自由抵达美国,并继续我的事业。
Rick: I'm not interested in politics. The problems of the world are not in my department. I'm a saloon keeper.
里克:我对政治不感兴趣,世界的问题不属于我管,我只是一个夜总会的老板。
Laszlo: That wasn't always your attitude.
拉兹洛:这并不是你一贯的态度。
Rick: Wasn't it?
里克:是吗?
Laszlo: My friends in the underground tell me that you have quite a record. You ran guns to Ethiopia. You fought against the Fascists in Spain.
拉兹洛:地下组织的朋友告诉我你的记录挺不错:你曾经向埃塞俄比亚运送过枪支,你在西班牙时同法西斯战斗过。
Rick: What of it?
里克:那又怎样?
Laszlo: Isn't it strange that you always happened to be fighting on the side of the underdog?
拉兹洛:你总是碰巧为受压迫者而战,这不是很奇怪吗?
Rick: Yes, I found that an expensive hobby, too. But then I never was much of a businessman.
里克:不,我还发现这是个挺花钱的嗜好。那时我绝不是个好商人。
Laszlo: Are you enough of a businessman to appreciate an offer of 100, 000 francs?
拉兹洛:你是否是个十足的商人就看你对10万法郎的价格是否满意?
Rick:I appreciate it but I don't accept it.
里克:我当然满意,但我不会接受。
Laszlo: I'll raise it t0 200, 000.
拉兹洛:我把价码提到20万。
Rick: My friend, you can make it a million francs or three. My answer would still be the same.
里克:朋友,你可以提到100万或是300万法郎,我的答案还是一样。
Laszlo: There must be some reason why you won't let me have them.
拉兹洛:你不让我得到通行证一定有什么原因吧!
Rick: There is. I suggest that you ask your wife.
里克:确实有,我建议你去问问你妻子。
Laszlo: I beg your pardon?
拉兹洛:对不起,请再说一遍。
Rick: I said, ask your wife.
里克:我是说,去问问你的妻子。
Laszlo: My wife?
拉兹洛:我妻子?
Rick: Yes.
里克:是的。