And you’re arguing with me that maybe we’re not being fair to him?
你却在这里和我争论对他是不是公平的?
You know what? Maybe you’re right. Maybe Lewis did provoke this.
也许你是对的 也许确实是刘易斯所引起的
And maybe he got exactly what was coming to him.
也许他是活该的
Or maybe stoned or not, just being a black man in the Valley was enough to get him killed.
无论是不是他的错 就因为他是黑人,这也足以让他被杀了
There was no one there to see who shot first, so there is no way to know.
当时没有人看到是谁先开枪 所以我们根本没办法知道
Which means we could get this wrong.
也就是说我们很可能会弄错了
Maybe that’s what happened with your brother. Maybe we got it wrong.
也许这就是你兄弟的情况 我们可能搞错了
Maybe Lewis isn’t the only one who deserves the benefit of the doubt.
也许刘易斯并不是唯一一个让我们怀疑的人
You’re the one closest to all this.
你对这些事情是最了解的
You need to tell us.
你得告诉我们
What does your gut tell you?
你意下如何?
So? Graham?
格雷厄姆?
What do I tell em?
我怎样跟他们说?
You tell me, and I’ll tell them.
你让我怎么说我就怎么说
Well, I think given Detective Conklin’s history,
就说 我们手上的考克林的历史资料
it’s pretty clear what happened last night.
已经很清楚表明了昨晚发生在他身上的事了
Okay.
好的
Before I get to why we’re here,
在我说我为什么要来这里之前
I know that many of you have heard we had our car stolen last night.
我想很多人都听说我的车昨晚被偷了的事
And as you could imagine, my wife and I are both pretty shaken up.
正如你们想象的那样 我和我妻子都害怕极了
But we’re okay.
但我们都没事
And Jean and I truly appreciate all your calls and your concern. Thank you.
我和吉恩在这里要感谢大家对我们的关心 并打电话叫我们来
Now, just after 9.’00 p.m. Last night, Detective William Lewis,
威廉姆·刘易斯侦探...
an eight-year veteran of the force and an active member of the black community was gunned down by a fellow officer.
在部队当了八年的老兵 也是黑人社区里的活跃分子,昨晚九点左右被一名同伴警察开枪打死了