Mr. President.
总统先生
I’ve just received a shortwave radio transmission from Jack1 Hall.
我收到了来自杰克?霍尔的短波信息
He made it to New York.
他到了纽约
He says there are survivors.
他说那里有幸存者
Thank you, Tom.
谢谢 汤姆
That’s....
那是...
That’s good news.
那是好消息
These past few weeks have left us all with a profound sense of humility3...
过去的几个星期里让我们感到 在大自然的力量面前...
...in the face of nature’s destructive power. ...
我们是多么的渺小
For years, we operated under the belief that we could continue...
多年来 我们一直以为 我们可以...
...consuming our planet’s natural resources without consequence. ...
不记后果地挥霍 我们星球的自然资源
We were wrong.
我们错了
I was wrong.
我错了
The fact that my first address
实际上我的首次致辞是
to you comes from a consulate on foreign soil...
在外国的土地上 大使馆里发表的...
...is a testament to our changed reality. ...
这为我们证明了世界的改变
Not only Americans...
不光是美国人...
...but people all around the globe are now guests in the nations... ...
地球上所有的人现在 都成为了被我们称之为...
... we once called The Third World. ...
第三世界的国家的客人
In our time of need, they have taken us in and sheltered us.
在我们需要的时候 他们接纳和收容了我们
And I am deeply grateful for their hospitality.
我对他们的好客深表感谢