Who's next?
下个是谁?
All right.
好的
Oh,look at this big guy!
噢 看看这壮小子
Oh! There you go!
噢 真不错
Now,what would you like Santa to get you for Christmas?
你想让圣诞老人送给你什么圣诞礼物?
I want an Easy Bake oven.
我想要个简易烤箱玩具
An electric train set.
一个电动火车
I would like Hot Wheels.
我想要车模
A puppy.
一条小狗
Eyesight?
视力?
Hmm. That sounds expensive.
恩 那听起来很贵啊
Do you know how much a puppy costs?
你知道小狗值多少钱吗?
Does that come with a easy-to-pay gas bill?
知道烤箱会跟煤气费帐单一起来吗?
Do you know they cost as much as a real car?
你知道他们和真车一样贵吗?
Now,how you going to pay for this eyesight?
你该怎样付你的视力费呢?
Do you really want your parents to work themselves to the bone
你真的想让你父母忙的死去活来
just to get you a train set
只是为你买一个
you're going to quit playing with after a week?
你1周就会玩厌了的火车模型??
What if this puppy grows up,
如果这些小狗长大后
gets rabies,bites somebody...?
得了狂犬病 咬伤人怎么办?
And you ain't going to be satisfied with just one Hot Wheel.
你将不会满足于仅仅只有一个车模
No,you going to want the whole collection of 'em.
不 你会想要全套的车模
Can you afford a lawsuit?
你打得起官司吗?
Do you really want your daddy to take out a loan,
你真的想让你老爸去贷款
just so you can get some Hot Wheels?
就为了给你买车模?
You going to bankrupt your whole family
你想让你全家破产
just so you can get a puppy?
就为了给你买只小狗?
If you're good,
如果你是好孩子
Santa will send you a train token,
圣诞老人会给你个火车票
and you can take the subway downtown and get a job for Christmas.
你可以坐着地铁去找个工作来庆祝圣诞节
Mommy!
老妈!
Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
Black Santa Claus caused more tears than the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.
圣诞黑老头带来的泪水 比坦帕湾魔鬼鱼队的还多 (坦帕湾魔鬼鱼队 美国职业棒球联赛队之一)
Remember what I told you.
记住我告诉你的
Chris,you okay? Chris
你还好吧?
Yeah. It's just 'cause this costume is really hot.
恩 这衣服穿起来很热
I'm starting to feel dizzy.
我有点头晕了
Julius,we got a problem.
Julius 我们遇到个麻烦
You mean besides the fact that you got a black Santa
除了让黑人在白人的
working in a white department store called Goldstein's?
Goldstein商城里扮圣诞老人之外?
What's wrong?
什么事?
You're not presenting the image of Christmas
你没能演出我们努力在Goldstein营造的
that we're trying to promote, here at Goldstein's.
圣诞老人的形象
Image? What kind of image?
形象? 什么样的形象?
You're Santa Claus.
你是圣诞老人
You're not supposed to make the children cry.
你不该把孩子们弄哭
These kids need to learn the truth about life.
这些孩子需要认识到生活的真相
Uh... Dad?
老爸?
Not now,Chris.
待会 Chris
I'm sorry,uh...
对不起
I just don't feel like Goldstein's is the right fit for you.
我觉得你不适合在Goldstein工作
Dad,I really don't feel that well.
老爸 我感觉很难受
You're firing me at Christmastime?
你要在圣诞节期间炒了我?
That's the only time you can fire Santa.
那可是炒圣诞老人的唯一机会
Yes.
对
Fine.
好吧
Chris,come on. Chris
我们走
Chris!
Chris!
I don't know if he was more concerned
我不知道他更关心的是我失去意识
because I lost consciousness
还是我这半天的薪水
to the hospital.
这厢出了超市 那厢就进了医院
Walking pneumonia?
流行肺炎?
That doesn't sound that bad.
听起来也不是什么大病
Well,it started as walking pneumonia.
刚开始是流行肺炎
Now,is this correct? The boy has two jobs?
这孩子有2份工作 对不对?
Well... yeah,I mean...
呃 恩 ...
Well,that's the problem. He needs some rest.
那就是问题的所在 他需要休息
Well,what should we do when we get him home?
那我们带他回家后应该做些什么?
Well,you should pick up the phone,call an ambulance,
你该打个电话叫救护车
and get them to bring him back over here.
然后让他们把他再送回这里
He's got a fever of 103,he overdosed on cough syrup,
他烧到103度(华氏) 还服了过量的止咳糖浆
and he's delirious.
还神智不清
Delirious? Yes.
神智不清? 恩
He keeps mumbling something about getting the president out of layaway.
他不停地说胡话 要把礼物从layaway取回来什么的
I'll be back to check on him.
我过会再来看他
Baby,well,you get some rest,okay?
宝贝 好好休息 好吗?
Mommy's going to come back and check on you later. Okay?
妈妈待会再来看你
All right,man...
加油 孩子
Whoa! That's my 72 cents worth of sandwich!
哇 那是我的值72美分的三明治
He ain't going to eat it. Put it back...
他吃不了 放回去...
He's delirious. Put it back!
他神智不清 放回去!
When they found out I was in the hospital,
Tonya和Drew知道我住院了
Tonya and Drew were devastated.
都变得无精打采
Chris got sick Now we can't get anything for Christmas.
Chris现在病了 我们一丁点圣诞礼物也得不到了
Man,we were good for nothing.
亏我们这么卖力表现了
No,you were good because you were supposed to be good.
你们表现好本来就是应该的
I mean,what if there were no Christmas?
如果没有圣诞又如何?
Would you be running around here starting forest fires?
你们会跑到外面的森林里点把火吗?
No. No.
不会 不会
We can't even have one gift?
一个礼物我们也没有吗?
You live your whole life here for free.
你在这里生活都是免费的
Tonya,you get gifts every day.
Tonya 你每天都会得到礼物
Food is a gift.
食物是礼物
The heat is a gift.
暖气也是礼物
Your shoes are a gift.
你的鞋子是礼物
This house is a gift.
这房子是礼物
Those frames on the walls are a gift.
墙上的相框是礼物
The magazines are a gift.
杂志是礼物
That ashtray is a gift.
烟灰缸是礼物
This lampshade is a gift.
灯罩是礼物
That chair is a gift.
椅子是礼物
This pillow is a gift.
枕头是礼物
The remote control is a gift.
遥控器是礼物
The TV is a gift.
电视也是是礼物
This carpet is a gift.
地毯是礼物
The pink carpet in your room is a gift.
你房里的粉色地毯也是礼物
Being able to cut out of this scene is a gift.
把这段画面删掉也是个礼物
Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
Hey,what's wrong with you?
嗨 你得了什么病?
What?!
什么?!
Hey,who are you?
嘿 你是谁?
I'm Kris.
我是Kris
I'm Chris.
我也是Chris.
Wow. What a small world,huh?
世界真小啊
So what happened to you?
你怎么了?
Well,I don't really know.
我也不太清楚
Last thing I remember,
我记得的最后一件事
I was in Goldstein's dressed as an elf.
是在Goldstein里扮演精灵
Next thing I know,I'm in here.
我醒来就到了这里
Hey,that makes you one of Santa's helpers,huh?
那你不是圣诞老人的助手吗?
Yeah. My dad was working as Santa,
恩 我老爸就是扮圣诞老人的
but he got fired.
但是被炒了
Oh,that's too bad. Sorry.
真糟糕 对不起
But it really could be a lot worse.
但是还好不是更糟的
And how's that?
那是?
He could be me.
比如我
I have rheumatoid arthritis.
我得了风湿关节炎
I had a really nasty flareup.
也有很严重的老年暴躁症
Cold weather really kills me.
寒冷的天气会要了我的命
But,you know,stuff happens in life,you know.
但是你要知道 生活中会发生很多事