It was a beautiful dayand I was in my Radcliffe dorm room.
那天天气很好我正在拉德克利夫宿舍里
He brought that magazine upand he showed it to me and he said,
他拿着这本杂志过来给我看,他说
"Look, it's gonna happen without us.We've gotta start now."
看哪,你再不动手就来不及了必须开始了
And I said, "OkayLet's get BASIC out there."
我说好吧,我们先把BASIC语言写进去
Now, most of you think you knowthe rest of the story, but you may not.
剩下的故事你们大概都知道了但你们只知其一
The beginnings of this industrywere very humble.
这个产业初始相当不完善
That kit computer on the cover ofthat magazine had an 8080 processor in it.
杂志封面上的这台个人电脑用的是8080处理器
Unless you paid extra fora 1K memory board, you got 256 bytes.
只有256字节内存除非花钱再买个1K的内存条
So the challenge when I wrote BASICwasn't just to run at 4 k-bytes,
所以最大的挑战是我不仅要用4KB运行BASIC
but I also had to leave room for the usersto run their programs in 4 k-bytes.
还要留出4KB给用户运行他们的程序
Your friend. Is that Mark Zuckerberg?
你朋友,是马克扎克伯格?
Yeah.
是的
- He made The Facebook.- Yeah.
- 他创造了脸谱网?- 是的
I mean, it's both of ours. We're...
我是说,我和他一起创造的…
Yeah, we... Yes.
对,是我们…是的
Cool.
了不起
I'm Christy Ling. This is Alice.
我叫克里斯蒂李,这是爱丽丝
Hi.
嗨
Well, very nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你们
Facebook me when you get home.
回去以后加我脸谱
You know, maybe we can all go outand grab a drink.
找机会一起喝一杯
Certainly.
当然可以
Absolutely do that.
我肯定会的
She said, "Facebook meand we can all go for a drink later,"
她说,加我脸谱,找机会出去喝一杯
which is stunningly great for two reasons.
冲这两点我就要乐疯了
One, she said "facebook me," right?And then the other is, well, you know...
- 首先她说了加我脸谱,对吗?- 其次,你知道吗…
They wanna have drinks later.
她们想约我们喝酒
Yes, have you ever heardso many different good things
没错,你有听过这么短的句子里
packed into one regular-sized sentence?
同时包含了那么多好事吗?
Excuse me, Mark?
抱歉,你是马克?
Yeah?
什么事?
I'm Stuart Singer. I'm in your OS lab.
我叫史都亚特辛格我和你一起上操作系统课
Sure.
是的
- Awesome job with The Facebook.- Awesome job.
- 脸谱网真的不错- 干得漂亮
Thanks.
谢谢
- I'm Bob.- How you doing?
- 我叫鲍勃- 你好吗?
You knowI could swear he was lookingat youwhen he said the next Bill Gatescould be right in this room.
知道吗,当他说我相信下一个比尔盖兹就在这个教室里,我发誓他正看着你呢
I doubt it.
不可能吧
And I showed up late.I don't even know who the speaker was.
我迟到了一会儿,都不知道是谁在演讲
It was Bill Gates.
是比尔盖兹
Shit, that makes sense.
见鬼,有道理啊
All right. Thanks, guys.
好的,谢谢了,伙计们
- Are you a moron?- Are you medically stupid?
- 你是傻子吗?- 你脑子是不是有病?
You can't tell Bill Gatesis in front of you for an hour?
看了一个小时你都没认出比尔盖兹?
I wasn't wearing my contacts.
我没带隐形眼镜
Can I get a Glock and kill you?
杀了你的心都有