be... coming up in this house
他能踏进一个味道就像42大街一样的家的话
smelling it up like 42nd Street.
他一定是疯了
Oh, no, no, no.
噢 不不不
People in this neighborhood ain't gonna talk about... me.
这个街区的人们是不会谈论到...我的
( door opens and shuts )
开关门声
Rochelle... what you doing? Rochelle...
你在干吗?
Uniform was stinking up the whole house.
你的衣服搞臭了整幢房子
I been cleaning up all day,
我打扫一整天
trying to get that smell out of here.
要把这股味道弄出去
But what's all this? That's $16 worth of plastic wrap.
不过这是什么? 16美圆的塑料包装纸
This plastic is protecting my furniture.
用它来保护我们的家具
That fish smell was saturating everything.
鱼的味道充满了整个房间
Oh, baby, you bought groceries?
噢 亲爱的 你买了杂货回来了?
I even got you the Turtles.
我都给你买了乌龟糖回来
Thank you, baby.
谢谢 亲爱的
Ooh, ooh, Turtles. Mmm!
Ooh ooh 乌龟糖 Mmm!
Eww!
Eww!
These Turtles taste like... turtle.
这个海龟牌的吃起来就像海龟了
I can't eat these.
我吃不下去了
Fine. Don't eat any of 'em.
好 那就什么都不要吃了
But do I get something to eat?
那我有什么能吃的吗?
No! No! Not until you take a bath.
不!不!你得先去洗澡
I do not want you smelling up my plastic.
我可不想你把我的塑料纸也弄脏!
Here, put your clothes in there.
来 把你的衣服放在这
Oh, and before you do that, I-I need you to talk to Chris.
噢 这之前你得先去Chris谈谈
What happened?
发生了什么事?
He got suspended.
他被退学了
Oh, no. I'm gonna give him my belt...
好吧 我去让他尝尝我皮带的滋味
No, no, no, no, no, no.
不不不……
This time, I really need you to talk to him.
这次你得真的好好和他谈谈
Okay?
行吗?
Okay.
好吧
My father smelled so bad, I didn't know
我的父亲身上如此难闻 以至于我都不知道
if he was gonna beat me or suffocate me.
他到底想打死我还是熏死我
Dad, before we start, can you open up a window?
爸爸 开揍前能麻烦开下窗吗?
No. Consider this part of your punishment.
不行 就当是对你的一种惩罚
Okay.
好吧
Come on, man.
来吧 哥们
Tell me what's going on.
告诉我怎么一回事
I hate that school, Dad.
我恨那学校 爸爸
I hate everything about it.
我恨那里的一切
I know Mom wants me to get a good education,
我知道妈妈想让我去所好学校
but every day, it just gets worse.
但每天却越来越糟
You can't just quit something 'cause you don't like it, Chris.
Chris 你不能仅因为你不能做某事而就放弃了
But Mom quits her job all the time.
但是妈妈总是放弃继续做工作
But you're a man.
但你是个男人
Men don't quit.
男人从不放弃
What if Jackie Robinson quit?
如果Jackie Robinson放弃了呢?
What if George Washington Carver quit?
如果George Washington Carver放弃了呢?
What if Martin Luther King Jr. quit?
如果Martin Luther King Jr.放弃了呢?
When my father had a point to make,
如果我父亲想要说些什么的时候
he always started off strong, but he never ended that way.
他总会摆出些大道理 但总不能收得好效果
What if Colonel Sanders quit?
如果Colonel Sanders放弃了呢?
What if Apollo Creed quit?
如果Apollo Creed放弃了呢?
What if Katherine Jackson quit making kids?
如果Katherine Jackson放弃再生小孩了呢?
Ain't she a woman?!
她难道不是女人?!
They might be The Jackson Three.
他们就成Jackson三世了
What if Kool from Kool and the Gang quit?
如果Kool from Kool与the Gang放弃了呢?
You think they would have gotten a record contract
如果你认为他们只被人称作 The Gang 的话
if they were just called The Gang?
他们还怎么拿到唱片合同?
To this day, I can't tell you what my father said
到今天为止 我说不上我父亲到底跟我说了什么
but that smell stayed with me forever.
但那股味道倒是让我终身难忘
If you quit, you're letting them win.
如果你放弃的话 你就是拱手让他们去赢
It's not about winning or losing.
这和输赢没有关系!
I just want to leave the school.
我只是想离开那所学校!
Okay, fine. Let me talk to your mother
好吧 让我去和你妈妈谈谈
about getting you in a different school.
让你上另一所学校
Another school?!
另一所学校?!
If you bail Chris out every time he doesn't like something,
如果每次Chris不喜欢什么的时候你都去宠着他
that means he's gonna run to you every time he has a problem.
那以后每当他出问题的时候他都回来依赖你
Which means he'll never learn how to be a man.
那意味着他永远也成不了一个男人!
And if you can't teach him how to be a man, that means you're a bad father.
况且如果你不能教他怎么做个男人的话 你就是个不称职的父亲!
And if you're a bad father, that means I picked the wrong husband.
况且如果你是个不称职的父亲! 我就选错了老公
And if you think I'm about to let people run around here
况且如果你认为我会去让这里的人们
talking about I just marry anybody,
奔走相告我嫁了人
you must be out your damn mind.
做你的白日梦去吧
( sighs ) Look...
听着...
Oh, wait, wait, no, wait!
噢 等等 不 等等!
Put the plastic down first.
把塑料纸先放下
Thank you.
谢谢
Look, I know you're worried.
听着 我知道你很担忧
But Chris is just not happy at Corleone.
但是Chris在Corleone并不愉快
I'm sorry. I just don't think Sanford is good enough for him.
不好意思 我只是觉得Sanford对他来说并不好
Well... now that I got this new job,
我现在有了这份新工作
maybe we can afford to pay for him to go to school.
或许我们能自己支付他学费了
We could at least look around.
我们至少可以先去看看
Okay, fine.
那好吧
We'll look for other schools.
我们去找找其他学校
And we'll look for other soap.
顺便找找其他肥皂
You stink!
你个臭人!
Ugh!
啊
From there, we tried performing arts school.
打那以后 我们试了去找艺术表演学校
( up-tempo music plays )
快节奏音乐响起
( off-key ): Fame!
走调的 名誉
I'm gonna live forever
我将永生
I'm gonna learn how to fly
我将会飞
Next!
下一个!
我们去了Hebrew学校
Hava Nagila,
Hava Nagila, Hava...
Next!
下一个!
We even tried old school.
我们甚至去了Old School (Old School:复古Hip-Hop)
I said hip-hop
说唱
The hippy, the hippy to the hip-hip-hop
嬉皮士 嬉皮士
And you don't stop the rocking
不要停止摇滚
Of the bang-bang boogies, said up jumped the boogie
黑人 黑人
To the rhythm of the boogie-dee-bee
黑人的节奏
Next!
一下个
What...? After that, there was
什么...? 打那以后
only one thing left to do.
只有一个地方可去了
Well, me and your father discussed it, and if you really want
我和你父亲讨论了一下 如果你真的想
to go to the neighborhood school, you can.
去街坊学校的话 去吧
For real?
当真?
Yes, but you have to keep your grades up.
是的 但是你必须提高你的成绩
A's and B's.
非A即B
And if you even think about getting in trouble,
不过你如果还在想惹点麻烦的话
I will march down to that school
我会直接冲进那所学校
and knock the no-good out of you.
把你一屁股踢出来
We'll go to Corleone and pick up your papers.
我们会去Corleone拿你的档案
You can transfer next week, after your suspension.
你下周就转去那里 等你缓判期满了
Thanks, Ma.
谢谢 妈妈
All right. I love you.
没关系 我爱你
I did this, but here's what I felt like.
我终于做成了 不过这就是我想象中的
I'm outta here, suckas!
我终于离开这啦 混球们
( yelling )
喊叫
I was feeling great. Meanwhile, on the street,
正当我在得瑟的时候 与此同时大街上
my father was clearing folks out
我父亲走到哪
like a cop in a crack house.
人人都避而远之