In Bed-Stuy, a lot of people have reputations for different things.
在Bed-Stuy 很多人都有自己的名誉
Diedre Garfield was 23 and had a reputation Diedre
Garfield二十三岁 她的名誉是
for being the youngest grandmother in Brooklyn.
布鲁克林最年轻的祖母
All right, I got everything under control!
没问题,我管着呢
Mr. Jackson had a reputation for being crazy as hell.
Jackson拥有发疯的名誉
And a lot of people say he invented homelessness.
据说他还是“流浪汉”的始祖
Move the car!
开车
You want to fight?
想打架吗?
I had a reputation, too...
我也有名誉
not only for being a nerd or getting beat up every day,
除了"呆子"和"挨揍"之外
I was also known for being the best Asteroids player in Bed-Stuy.
我还是《打陨石》玩的最棒的
I'll beat people from all over: Chinatown...
我战无不胜 中国城的...
Rikers... the Village...
莱克岛监狱的... 前卫村的...
Even though I was a nerd,
尽管我是个呆子
it felt really good that there was one thing that nobody could beat me at.
但战无不胜的感觉还是很棒
Chris, somebody beat your score last night. Chris,
昨天有人打败你了
Hey, even Mike Tyson got knocked out.
泰森也有输的时候
Ain't this about...
英雄气短...
1x15 Everybody Hates the Lottery
1x15 Everybody Hates the Lottery
My mother had paying bills down to a science,
老妈得用科学管理帐单
but there were always things she didn't count on.
但却总有意外出现
Aah, damm it!
啊,该死
Hey, honey.
嘿, 甜心
Hey, baby.
嘿, 宝贝
What's wrong?
怎么啦?
Well, I used this month's phone bill to pay half of last mont's electric bill,
我用这月电话费去交上月电费
and now I don't have enough for the gas bill.
但是这样煤气费就不够了
Well, why don't you just use the electric bill money
为什么不用电费
to pay the electric bill?
支付电费呢?
Well, Tonya had to get a filling.
Tonya需要补牙。
She had a cavity.
她长蛀牙了
She did?
是吗?
My father never knew when there was anything wrong
老爸觉得除了住院、昏迷之外
with the kids unless we were unconscious or in the hospital.
别的都不算什么病
Oh... Oh, no, no, no.
哦,不
We're gonna have to cut back.
我们得削减开支
Cut back on what?
削减什么?
I mean, we're barely getting by as it is.
现在就已经勉强糊口了
That look only meant one thing.
这眼神说明了一件事
Oh, no.
不
Uh-uh. Uh-uh, not my turtles.
别减我的乌龟糖
You are not taking away my turtles.
你不能削减我的乌龟糖
My mother love chocolate turtles more than anything else in the world.
老妈的最爱就是巧克力乌龟糖
Whenever she ate one,
只要一颗在嘴,
it was like all of life's problems just went away.
所有的烦恼就烟消云散了
It's a good thing she chose those turtles instead of guns.
吃糖总比拿枪发泄来的好
Those chocolate turtles are costing us $12 a box.
这东西要12块钱一盒呢
You gotta take away my turtles.
你不能削减它的呀
You know I need my turtles.
你知道我需要它的
Why don't you cut off your lottery playing?
怎么不减你的彩票钱
I ain't cutting off my number.
彩票钱不能少
Oh!
如果不买,怎么会赢呢?
If you don't play, how can you expect to win?
你不玩怎么赢啊?
Look, it says so right here.
看,书上写的
Oh, no, no, no.
不
No that damned dream book.
别给我看
My dad was the most level-headed person I knew,
老爸是最精明的人,
except when it came to playing the lottery,
但是一碰上彩票,
and he always consulted his lucky star dream book.
他就要参考他的《梦书》
A dream book takes any possible dream you can have
不论你做了什么梦,
and transforms it into a lucky number.
《梦书》都能把它转换成数字
You dreamt about a monkey on the train in the middle of a blizzard.
你梦到了暴风雪火车上的一只猴?
Here it is-- eight-one-four!
在这儿:814
I dreamt Dr. J was roller-skating with two white women in Sweden.
我梦见J博士和两个白种女人滑冰
Here it is-- sx-two-one.
这儿:621
White ladies?
白种女人?
Rochelle, if I win the lottery, Rochelle,
如果我赢了奖
you can buy all the chocolate turtles you want.
你想买多少糖都可以
But you eating chocolate turtles ain't helping nobody.
但你吃糖,什么都赢不来的
Well, if you're playing the lottery,
只要你买彩票,
I'm eating my turtles.
我就要吃乌龟糖
All right... I'll quit the lottery.
好吧,我不买了
Okay, then.
那好
Can you believe this is a real argument
这就算吵架?
At school, even Greg was getting a reputation.
学校里,Greg都有自己的名誉
And for "Best Attendance"...
下面“最佳出勤奖”
Gregory Wuliger!
Gregory Wuliger!
Yes!
耶
Getting an award for attendance
出勤都能得奖,
is kind of like getting an award for breathing.
这样的话,呼吸都能得奖了
Wait, your dad is giving you $5 just for coming to school?
你老爸输给你5块钱?
I bet him I wouldn't miss a day of school this year.
对,我和他赌一学年从不缺勤
So far so good.
至今良好
My mother told me I'd better not miss a day of school
老妈叫我绝对不准缺勤
or else she'd take $5 off my ass.
否则就让我上缴5元
This is so cool.
挺好的
The only award I could've gotten at Corleone would've been...
在学校,我唯一能拿的奖是…
For "Taking the Best Ass Whooping"...
“最佳挨揍奖”
Chris.
Chris.