Why didn't we do that?
为什么我们不这么做?
Because we were young and stupid.
因为我们年轻,傻傻的
Do you think we still are?
你觉得我们现在也是么?
I guess when you're young you just believe...
我想年轻的时候, 你总会相信...
...there'll be many people you'll connect with. ...
你会遇到很多知心爱人
Later in life you realize it only happens a few times.
然后在生活中你就会发现这很少发生
And you can screw it up, you know. Misconnect.
然后你就随便找一个凑合
The past is the past. It was meant to be that way.
过去了就是过去了
You really believe that? That everything's fated?
你真的相信命中注定?
Well, you know, the world might be less free than we think.
要知道这个世界不如我们想象的自由
Yeah?
是?
When given these exact circumstances, that's what will happen every time.
当环境确定好了后, 就一定会发生
Two part hydrogen, one part oxygen, you'll get water every time.
2部分氢元素加1部分氧元素, 你就会得到水
No, I mean, what if your grandmother had lived a week longer, you know?
不,我的意思是说如果你祖母在多活一个星期?
Or passed away a week earlier? Days, even?
或者早一个星期过世?
Things might have been different.
事情可能就都不一样了
You can't think like that, it's-- -You shouldn't on most things, but....
你不能这么想-- -你不能决定多数事....
It's just, on this one, it seemed like something was off, you know.
只是感觉在这件事上患得患失