I see in them little details, so specific to each of them
我总是观察一个人的细节
that move me and that I miss and will always miss.
那些会让我感动, 让我永远难以忘怀
You can never replace anyone
你永远不能找人代替
because everyone is made of such beautiful, specific details.
因为人人都有自己的鲜明个性
Like, I remember the way your beard has a bit of red in it
记得你的胡子就有些红色的杂色
and how the sun was making it glow
在阳光下会闪耀
that morning right before you left.
就在那天你离开的早上
I remembered that, and I missed it.
我记得,不会忘记
Really crazy, right?
很疯狂的想法,不是么?
Now I know for sure. You wanna know why I wrote that stupid book?
你知道我为什么要写那本书么?
Why? So you'd come to a reading in Paris
为什么? 那么你在巴黎就可以读到
and I could walk up to you and ask, "Where the fuck were you? "
然后我可以找你问你 "该死的你当时到底在哪里? "
No You think I'd be here today?
你觉得我今天就会在这里出现?
I'm serious. I think I wrote it, in a way, to try to find you.
我是认真的, 写书就是为了找到你
Okay, that's I know that's not true
好的,我知道那不是真的
but that's sweet of you. I think it is true.
但你很体贴人 我想是真的
What were the chances of us ever meeting again?
我们相遇有多大可能呢?
After that December, I'd say almost zero.
过了那年12月, 我想说机会是零