Have you ever spent time in Eastern Europe?
你去过东欧吗
Eastern No, I don't. Thank you.
东 不,没有 谢谢
I remember as a teenager I went to Warsaw
我记得自己十多岁的时候去过华沙
when it was still a strict communist regime.
那时候还是共产党专政
Which I don't approve of at all. Sure you don't.
我一点儿也不赞成这种体制 你当然不赞成
No, I don't. I'm just kidding.
是的,我不赞成 我只是开玩笑
But anyway, something about being there was very interesting.
但是无论怎样,去那儿真的很有趣
After a couple of weeks, something changed in me.
呆了几星期,有些事情改变了我
The city was quite gloomy and gray
城里阴暗而郁闷
but after a while, my brain seemed clearer.
但是,一会儿 我的脑子更清醒了
I was writing more in my journal
我在日记里写的给更多了
ideas I'd never thought of before Communist ideas?
有很多想法我以前从未有过 共产主义吗
Listen, I'm not I'm sorry, l
听着,我不是 抱歉,我
Okay. Go on.
好的 继续
Okay. I'll send you to a gulag later.
等会儿送你去古拉格集中营
No. But it took me a while to figure out why I felt so different.
经过一段时间,我才发觉我为什么感觉异样
One day, as I was walking through the Jewish cemetery
一天,当我穿越犹太人墓地时