Yeah! There's gotta be close to $400 here! And that's just from the drawers.
这里差不多有400元!这还只是柜台的现金
Let's see what you got from the vault.
金库里有多少?
This is it? The whole vault? - I'm afraid so.
就这样?整个金库耶? - 恐怕是的
It's got your deposit slip on it.
里面还有你的存款条
Well, I just didn't want you leaving empty-handed.
我不想让你空手而归
There's something you should know. The reason they don't have money...
银行之所以没钱…
I told Norther about the vagaries of Texas oil money and its effect on real-estate prices...
我告诉诺德关于 德州油价的反覆无常…还有它对房地产的影响…
and how lax enforcement of fiduciary process had made savings and loans particularly vulnerable.
而由于信用审核过于宽松…让银行体制濒临崩解
Hearing this news, Norther was left with one conclusion:
诺德听了这些消息后 得到了一个结论
I should go to Wall Street. That's where all the money is.
我要去华尔街,钱都在那里
I knew then that while my days as a criminal were over...
我知道我的犯罪生涯结束了…
Thanks for the hand!
谢谢你助我一臂之力!
Norther's were just beginning.
而诺德才正要开始
When Norther made his first million dollars he sent me a check for 10,000.
当诺德赚到他第一个一百万时…他寄了张一万元的支票给我
I protested, but he said it was my fee as his career advisor.
我不肯收 但他说那是付我职涯谘商的费用
It was enough to buy my wife a proper house with a white picket fence.
那笔钱足以买房子给我老婆…当然还有白离笆
And for that, it was all the riches a man could ever want.
而那是每个人都会想要有的