Larry Puckett's Chevrolet lets the customer do the talking.
赖氏汽车以客为尊
Larry Puckett's GM-certified vehicles are under factory warranty.
赖氏汽车品质保证
And you can save up to 40 percent off the original MSRP.
价格比市价便宜四成
Did I ever tell you about...? - Yes.
我有没有说过…? -说过了
The maple tree and the Buick? We've heard it.
枫树和别克车的故事,听过了
I know someone who hasn't.
我知道有人没听过
The... - Tree fell on the car, spilling the syrup.
那个… -枫树倒在车上,流出枫糖浆
Which attracted the flies, which got stuck to it and flew off with the whole car.
结果吸引了一堆苍蝇,全都黏住了…结果他们带着整台车飞走了
But the real story is how I got the car.
但那辆车的来头可厉害了
You see... - Dad? - Son.
你看… -爸? - 儿子
Can we talk?
我们能谈谈吗?
I think I'll get started on these dishes. - I'll help you.
我去洗碗 - 我帮你
You know about icebergs, Dad? - Do I? I saw an iceberg once.
爸,你知道冰山吗? -知道?我就看过一次
They were hauling it down to Texas for drinking water.
它被拉到德州当饮用水源
They didn't count on there being an elephant frozen inside.
却没想到里面有只大象
- The woolly kind. A mammoth. - Dad!
毛茸茸的那种,长毛象 -爸!
What? - I'm trying to make a metaphor here.
怎么? - 我只是想打个比方
Well, you shouldn't have started with a question.because people want to answer questions.
那你就不该用问句开头…人遇到问题就会回答
You should've started with, "The thing about icebergs is..."
你该说:“关于冰山…”
Okay, okay. The thing about icebergs is you only see 10 percent.
好吧 关于冰山,你只看得到10%…
The other 90 percent is below the water where you can't see it.
其他90%都隐藏在水下
And that's... what it is with you, Dad.
而你…你就是这样
I am only seeing this little bit.that sticks above the water.
我只看得到…浮出水面的那一小部份
Oh, you're only seeing down to my nose? My chin? My...
你只看得到我的鼻子、下巴?
Dad, I have no idea who you are... because you've never told me a single fact.
爸,我不知道你是谁…因为你从未告诉我实话
I've told you a thousand facts, Will. That's what I do, I tell stories!
我跟你讲过的可多了 我就是这样,我讲故事!
You tell... lies, Dad.
你讲的…是谎言
Stories are what you tell a 5-year-old at bedtime.
故事是拿来哄5岁小孩的
They're not elaborate mythologies that you maintain when your son is 10 and 15 and 20 and 30.
不是你儿子已经2、30岁了.还继续编造的神话
And I believed you. I believed your stories so much longer than I should have.
我相信过你.我相信你太久了
Then when I realized everything you said was impossible.I felt like a fool to have trusted you.
当我发现你说的根本是天方夜谭…我觉得只有笨蛋才会相信你
You're like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Just as charming and just as fake.
你就像圣诞老人加复活节兔子.迷人却虚假
You think I'm fake.
你认为我虚假
Only on the surface, Dad. But it's all I've ever seen.
表面上是,而我也只看到表面
Look. I'm about to have... a kid of my own.
听着.我自己的孩子…已即将出生
It would kill me if he went through his whole life.never understanding me.
他若不了解我… 我会很痛苦
It would kill you, huh? What do you want, Will? Who do you want me to be?
你会很痛苦?你想要怎样? 你要我变成什么样的人?
Just yourself. Good, bad, everything. Just show me who you are for once.
就是你自己.好坏皆然 让我看一次你真正的面貌
I've been nothing but myself since the day I was born.
我从出生起就一直是我自己
And if you can't see that, it's your failing, not mine!
你看不出来是你的错,错不在我!