Dad?
爸?
You want some water?
要不要喝点水?
You are in for a surprise. - Am I?
你即将会大吃一惊 - 是吗?
Having a kid changes everything. There's the diapers and the burping and the midnight feeding.
养孩子会改变一切.尿布、打嗝、半夜喂奶
Did you do any of that?
你帮忙做过这些事?
No. But I hear it's terrible.
没.但我听说很恐怖
Then you spend years trying to corrupt and mislead this child fill its head with nonsense, and still it turns out perfectly fine.
之后还要花很多年时间宠坏他 教坏他…在他脑子里装满怪主意 然而这一切还是很美好
You think I'm up for it? - You learned from the best.
你想我够格吗? -你跟高手学过了
Drink half the can. I'll tell Mom you drank it all. Everyone wins.
你喝一半,我会跟妈说你全喝了.大家都快乐
People needn't worry so much. It's not my time yet. This is not how I go.
大家不用太担心 我的时候还没到.我不是这么死的
Really? - Truly. I saw it in The Eye.
真的? - 真的,我在玻璃眼里看到过
The old lady by the swamp? - She was a witch.
那个沼泽里的老太太? - 她是个女巫
No, she was old and probably senile.
她很老,也许老糊涂了
I saw my death in that eye, and this isn't how it happens.
我从那眼珠里看到我的死亡 这不是我的死法
So how does it happen?
那是怎么死?
Surprise ending. Wouldn't want to ruin it for you.
令人讶异的结局 我可不想毁了你的兴致
Your mother thought we wouldn't talk again. Look at us. We're talking fine.
你妈以为我们不会再交谈了.看看我们,我们谈的很愉快
We're storytellers, both of us. I speak mine out, you write yours down. Same thing.
我们是说故事的人,我们都是.我把故事说出来 你则是写下来,都一样
Dad .I hope to talk about some things while I'm here.
爸…我希望趁我还在时跟你谈谈
You mean while I'm here.
你是说趁我还在吧
I just want to know the true versions of things: Events. Stories. You.
我只想知道事情的真实面.事件、故事…还有你
Your mother hasn't been keeping up the pool.
你妈没把泳池顾好
Lf you wanted to, you could fix it. - Yeah, I will.
你想的话,可以弄好它 -好,我会
You know where the chemicals are? - I did it when you were gone.
你知道清洁剂放哪? -知道,你不在家时都是我清的
I was never much for being at home, Will. Too confining. And this here, being stuck in bed
我一直都不喜欢待家里太拘束了.这样被困在床上…
Dying is the worst thing that's ever happened to me.
死亡是我遇上最糟糕的事
I thought you said you weren't dying.
你不是说你不会死
I said this isn't how I go. The last part is much more unusual. Trust me on that.
我是说我不是这样死的.我最后的旅程更特别.相信我