The Beast jumped up and grabbed it before it even hit the water.
大怪鱼跃出水面 在它落水之前就一口吞了它
And just as fast, he snapped clean through that line.
一瞬间,他就咬断那条钓线
Well, you can see my predicament.
这下我苦恼了
My wedding ring, the symbol of fidelity to my wife...
我的婚戒,我对妻子忠贞的象征…
soon to be mother of my child... - Make him stop.
而她也即将是孩子的妈了… -叫他别说了
was now lost in the gut of an uncatchable fish.
那象征被怪鱼吞入腹中
What did you do?
你怎么办?
I followed that fish upriver and downriver.
我沿河来回地追着那条鱼
This fish, The Beast...
这条鱼,这条大怪鱼…
the whole time we were calling it a him, when in fact it was a her.
我们一直认为他是个“他” 结果他其实是个“她”
It was fat with eggs it was gonna lay any day.
他当时胜里都是蛋,随时都会生
Now, I was in a situation.
我面临了一个难题
I could gut that fish and get my wedding ring back...
我可以剖开鱼腹拿回我的婚戒…
but in doing so I'd be killing the smartest catfish in the Ashton River.
但这么做,我就杀了艾许河里 最精明的一条鱼
Did I want to deprive my son the chance...
我真的要剥夺…
to catch a fish like this of his own?
我儿子亲手逮到此鱼的机会吗?
This ladyfish and I...
我跟这条怪鱼…
Well, we had the same destiny. - "We were part of the same equation."
我跟他有相同的命运 -“我们拥有相同的人生”
Now, you may well ask...
你现在会想问…
Oh, darling, darling, it's still your night.
儿子,你仍然是今天的主角啊
why did it strike so quick on gold when nothing else would attract it?
为何什么东西都吸引不了他 他却吞了金子?
That was the lesson I learned that day...
就在我儿子诞生的那天…
the day my son was born.
我学到了这一课
Sometimes the only way to catch an uncatchable woman...
要套住一个无法捉摸的女人 最好的办法…
is to offer her a wedding ring.
就是帮她套上一只婚戒