Wow, honey, look, this place looks spotless!
哇呜,亲爱的…这儿看起来完美无瑕。
Thanks.
谢谢。
Listen, I have come up with this killer idea for the Spotless Scrub campaign.
嗨,听着,关于我们的新品无污擦,我想到了一个极好的主意。
Great! You wanna run it by me?
好极了,需要我帮你吗?
No. I'm good. But, thanks.
不用,我可以的。谢谢。
Okay.
好吧。
Well, that's the thing. You know how whenever I pitch in the boardroom at work,
不过,问题是只要我在会上提出我的建议
how Kennesey always tears my ideas down in front of the partners?
Hennessy总是在同事跟前反驳我。
Yeah?
嗯?
I invited the partners and their wives over so I could pitch to them here.
我邀请了我的同事和他们的妻子,这样我就能在家和他们沟通我的想法。
And I thought we could make a formal dinner for six. We could sit, we could...
我想也许我们在六点钟能有个正式的晚宴,这样我们能坐在一起,可以…
And when exactly would this formal dinner take place?
这个正式晚宴要在什么时候举办?
Uh ... day after tomorrow!
呃,后天。
Tom!
Tom!
Yeah, I know, I know, I know, I know I know it's short notice.
哦,我知道,我知道,我知道这太突然,我只是…
You think? How am I supposed to pull off a formal dinner with no warning?
你认为?我怎么可以在毫无准备的情况下举办一个正式的晚宴?
I don't know. Bree Van de Kamp does this kind of thing all the time...
我不知道,Bree Van De Kamp 总是能做到这一点。
What did you say?
你刚说什么?
Well, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. That's - you know what, forget it.
哇呜,对不起,我不是那个意思,我是说,这样的,算了。
I'll call and I'll cancel. Don't worry about it.
我打电话取消掉别为这事担心了
No, no. Let’s, let's do it.
不,不,我们可以举办的。
Really?
真的?
Yeah, it’s good for your career. I'll pull it off.
是的,这对你的事业有好处,我来筹备。
Yes. Honey, thank you so much. You know, what I promise. I land you this account, and I'm gonna buy you something awful pretty.
哦,亲爱的,太谢谢你了,知道吗?我欠你个人情,我保证我会给你买一些极其漂亮的东西。
Luckily for Tom, Lynette had a recipe for success...
对Tom来说幸运的是,Lynette 有一个成功的秘诀