Are you sure you're OK?You look very peaky.
你真的没事吗你看起来很憔悴
No, I'm all right.
不,我很好
It was the GFP gene from a jellyfish,
是水母的绿色荧光蛋白基因
in case you're interested. - 什么
要是你好奇的话 - What?
In the rabbits. - Right, yeah.
让兔子发亮的,-对,没错
Aequorea victoria, if you really want to know.
基因取自水晶水母,如果你想知道的话
Why? - Why not?
为什么这么做,- 为什么不呢
We don't ask questions like that here. It isn't done.
我们现在不想这种问题,试验还没完成
It was a mix-up, anyway.My daughter ended up with one of the lab specimens,
总之这是个基因混合体.我发现女儿的宠物竟是试验样品
so poor Bluebell had to go.
可怜的铃兰不得不消失了
Your compassion is overwhelming!
你可真够慈悲,
I know.I hate myself sometimes.
我知道有时我也讨厌自己这一点
So, come on, then, you can trust me, I'm a doctor,
那好,你可以信任我,我也是个医生
what else have you got hidden away up here?
你这还藏了什么不可告人的东西,
Listen, if you can imagine it,someone is probably doing it somewhere.
听着,你好好想想, 其他地方可能也有人从事这种研究
Of course they are.
这是肯定的,
Cloning?
克隆吗,
Yes, of course. Dolly the Sheep, remember?
当然,克隆羊多利,还记得吗,
Human cloning? - Why not?
克隆人呢,-有何不可,
And what about animals? Not sheep. Big animals.
还有什么克隆动物,除了羊, 大型的动物,
Size isn't a problem. Not at all.
体型大小不难控制,小菜一碟,
The only limits are ethics and the law and both those things can be very flexible.
唯一的约束就是伦理与法律, 但这些都可以变通,
But not here, not at Baskerville.
但在这不是,在巴斯克威尔不是.