MIKE: Wow, what happened?
哦,出什么事情了?
SUSAN: Mike!
Mike!
NARRATOR: And suddenly, there he was, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.
突然,他出现了,就像凤凰浴火重生。
SUSAN: I, I thought you were... um. Where were you?
我……我……我以为……呃,你去哪里了?
MIKE: I just got back from the movies. Edie had a fire, huh?
我刚去看电影了,Edie 家起火了,呃?
SUSAN: Yeah. Yeah, but she's fine now. Everything's fine now.
是的,是的,但是她现在很好,一切都很好。
NARRATOR: And just like that, Susan was happy. Life was suddenly full of possibilities.
就像这样,Susan 开心起来。生命充满了……各种各样的可能。
NARRATOR: Not to mention a few unexpected surprises.
还有一些想不到的惊喜。
MAN: Hello?
喂?
MIKE: Hey, it's me.
喂,是我。
MAN: Do you have anything yet.
你得到什么了?
MIKE: No, not yet, but don't worry. I'm definitely getting closer.
还没。不过别担心,很快就可以到手了。
SUSAN: I brought some champagne. I thought we should all have a toast.
我拿了点香槟,我想我们应该干一杯。
NARRATOR: The next day, my friends came together to pack away my clothes, my personal belongings, and what was left of my life.
第二天,我的朋友聚在一起收拾我的衣服,还有一些私人物品,还有一些遗物。
SUSAN: Alright ladies, lift them up. To Mary Alice, good friend and neighbor. Wherever you are, we hope you've found peace.
好了,大家,举杯。为 Mary Alice,一个好朋友,好邻居。不管你在哪里,都希望你能得到安宁。
LYNETTE: To Mary Alice.
为Mary Alice。
GABRIELLE: To Mary Alice.
为Mary Alice。
LYNETTE: Let's get this show on the road.
把这个搬到路上。
GABRIELLE: You guys check out Mary Alice's clothes? Size 8, hah! She always told me she was a size 6. Guess we found the skeleton in her closet.
你们检查过Mary Alice的衣服了?8号的?哈!她说她穿6号的。看看我们能不能在她的衣橱里发现什么。
NARRATOR: Not quite, Gabrielle, not quite.
等等,Gabrielle,等等。
GABRIELLE: What's that?
这是什么?
BREE: It's a letter, addressed to Mary Alice.
一封给Mary Alice的信。
NARRATOR: How ironic, to have something I tried so desperately to keep secret, treated so casually.
多么讽刺,如此拼命的守住这个秘密,这么偶然。
LYNETTE: What're you doing? That's private.
这是什么?这是私人物品。
GABRIELLE: It's open, what's the big deal?
它自己掉出来的,没什么大不了的?
SUSAN: What does this mean?
这是什么意思?
LYNETTE: I don't know, but check out the postmark.
我不知道,但是你们看邮戳。
BREE: Oh my god, she got it the day she died.
哦,天!是她自杀的那天。
GABRIELLE: Do you think this is why she...?
你觉得这会不会就是她自杀的原因……
NARRATOR: I'm so sorry, girls. I never wanted you to be burdened with this.
我很抱歉,我从没想过让你们承受这些。
SUSAN: Oh Mary Alice, what did you do?
Mary Alice,你到底做了什么?