特别声明:
该节目由可可原创,讲解为可可签约编辑编写。
视频出处:
本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第五集。
影视片花:
台词欣赏:
Wow. You'd be a knockout in that. Is that what you're wearing to Wilhelmina's party?
你穿这件一定很迷人 你穿这件去威廉敏娜的派对吗
No. Some dumb editor is... because only dumb editors get to go to the party.
不 傻乎乎的编辑才去 因为只有傻乎乎的编辑才去那聚会
Not that I want to go to a dumb editor party anyway. It's so dumb.
我才不去傻乎乎编辑的聚会呢 太傻乎乎
Oh, really? Well, that's too bad because I was gonna invite you.
是吗 太糟了 我还想着邀请你呢
But if you think it's dumb...
但如果你觉得很傻
Dumb? Who said it was dumb?
傻 谁说傻了
No, no, no, no. You're right. Hanging out with a bunch of editors. It sounds boring.
不 你说的对 和一群编辑在一块挺无聊的
But it would at least be fun if you were there.
但至少你去会有意思点
It would?
是吗
So what do you say?
你去吗
I have to check my calendar.What do you know? I'm free. What time?
我要查一下日程 知道吗 我没事 何时开始
Well, I have to come straight from a meeting,
我直接开完会去
So I'll be late, but you come whenever you want, and find me when you get there.
会晚一点 你想什么时间去都行 到了找我
Okay.
好
台词精讲:
Matt: You'd be a knockout in that.
词汇精讲:knockout在这里是美国俚语,意思是“绝代佳人”“给人印象深的人或物”。这是个复合词,它有动词knock和副词out构成。Knock out是固定的动词短语,意思是“击倒,打到”。例如:
She was a knockout in navy and scarlet. 她身着藏青色和鲜红色相间的衣服,十分迷人。
The first story is a knockout. 第一个故事让人印象深刻。
When the foe is staggering, that is the time to knock him out. 敌人已经摇摇欲坠,我们就应该及时把他打倒。
Don't drink too much of this it'll knock you out! 这种酒别喝太多,喝多了就醉了!
短语点拨:in that是指in that dress。That指代Amanda正在打理的衣服,介词in在这里是“穿”的意思。
Matt: Is that what you're wearing to Wilhelmina's party?
短语提炼:wear something to some occasion的意思是“穿什么衣服去出席什么场合”。例如:It is not suitable to wear red to a funeral.穿红色衣服参加葬礼是不合适的。
He wore a gold chain round his neck to his girlfriend’s party. 他戴着金项链去参加他女朋友的派对。
句式提炼:表示“这是去做某事的东西”,可用这个句型:This is what sb. does something。例如:
Is that what you have been looking forward to buy in your life? 这就是你一生中一直期待要买的东西吗?
Amanda: Some dumb editor is... because only dumb editors get to go to the party.
短语理解:get to有“到达”的意思,get to go to the party在这里可以理解为“有资格去参加这个派对”。因为Amanda在Mode还不是编辑,只是干些杂货,还没有资历参与在杂志社中要人的活动。
Matt: Hanging out with a bunch of editors.
短语精讲:hang out是美国俚语,意思是“闲逛”“无所事事”。再如:
On holidays, we like to go to the forest cabin and let it all hang out. 在假日,我们喜欢去森林小木屋完全放轻松。
My friends and I like to hang out down at the pizza restaurant. 我和我的朋友们喜欢聚集在披萨店。
Matt: But it would at least be fun if you were there.
语法点拨:这是一个非真实条件虚拟句。主句和从句都使用了虚拟语气,是对将来情况的主观想法,并不是事实,从句的谓语是were,主句的谓语是would be。
口语提炼:当某人很不愿意去做某事的时候,你又想劝她去,可以这样劝解:It would be at least be fun.
Amanda: So what do you say?
口语句型:What do you say? 是用来询问对方的意见,看看对方的想法。在这个句型上可以拓展为What do you say that+从句。还可以拓展为What do you say to doing something? 例如:
Let's call it quits. What do you say? 我们就此算了吧,你说呢?
What do you say to going to the theatre tonight? 今晚去看戏, 你说好吗?
What do you say we have a party this weekend? 我们周末开个派对,你觉得怎么样? Amanda: I have to check my calendar.
词汇点拨:calendar在这里的意思是“日程表”。
Matt: I have to come straight from a meeting,
口语句型:表示做完某事后就直接到某处,可以这样说:Sb comes from something。台词中的come from a meeting的意思就是开完会后去(参加威廉敏娜的派对)。再如:
I will come to your hose from a wedding. 我参加完结婚典礼后就去你家。