You know, I wouldn'ttakeany of itback,
我不会收回之前的那些话
And neither would your father.
你爸也不会
Are you sure this is what you want?
你确定这是你们想要的麽
When your father and I met, we were so young.
我和你爸见面那时 我们还很年轻
But as life got more complicated...
但随着生活中麻烦的增多
It was just harder for us to find ways to compromise.
我们发现很难寻得妥协
You're talking about me and Ezra. We're the complication.
你是在说我和以斯拉 我们造成的麻烦
No. That is just one of the many issues we couldn'tagree on.
不是 那只是我们无法达成一致的事情之一
Yeah, but it's-- it's the one that drove you two apart.
是的 但是它也使你们两人分开
That is absolutely not true.
完全不是
We're just too different now.
我们只是有着太多的不同
And that's okay.
这也不要紧
I don't want topretend tobe somebody that I'm not,
我不想带着假面具示人
and your father shouldn't have to either.
你的父亲也不愿意如此
Remember when I was thirteen
记得我十三岁那年吗
and you took me to that grown-up lunch
你带我去我的成人礼午宴
and you... you made me a promise
你向我保证了
to allow me to be me.
允许我坚持自我
Of course.
当然记得
Mom, you're doing that.
妈妈 你一直都这么做着
By not shutting out Ezra,
你没有将斯拉拒之门外
you're allowing me to be who I want to be.
就是在鼓励我坚持自我
Well, I haven't exactly welcomed him with open arms.
其实我并没对他全然接受
No. But you don't cringe when I say his name.
是没有 但我提到他时 你没有生厌
Or look constipated like your father does.
也没有像你爹那样摆臭脸
You noticed that too? Yeah.
你也注意到了 是的