特别声明:该节目由可可原创,未经可可许可请勿转载。
备注:本期影视片段精选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第一集
经典台词先读为快:
She really is less of a woman.
她真不是个女人。
But if you expect me to grovel or apologize, I think you ought to know by now, you're talking to the wrong woman.
但如果你希望我屈就道歉,我想你应该知道你找错人了。
All those face-lifts must have affected your speech.
你整容后连话都不会说了。
影视片花
台词欣赏
Cal:Now I realize that the three of us have not always been the best of friends.
现在我意识到我们三个人不能继续做挚友了
Wilhelmina: Well, I suppose I shouldn't have tried to blackmail Claire.
我可能的确不应该要挟克莱尔
But in my defense, it's hardly the worst thing I've done to the woman.
但是站在我的角度 这绝对不是我对女人做过的最坏的事情
Though she really is less of a woman at this point
虽然她也算不上真正的女人
That something you use to scare crows or children.
鉴于你可以用她去吓跑乌鸦或者小孩
Cal:Uh, there's something we need to tell you, Wilhelmina.
我们需要谈谈 威廉敏娜
Claire:But you're not making it any easier.
但你也不会好过
Wilhelmina:Enough with the dramatic windups.
这样的开场白已经够了
I know you want to fire me, so go ahead and do it.
我知道你们想解雇我 直说就好了
But if you expect me to grovel or apologize,
但如果你希望我屈就道歉
I think you ought to know by now,you're talking to the wrong woman.
我想你应该知道你找错人了
Good luck. Finding someone else that can do what I do.
祝你好运 找个能胜任我这份工作的人
Cal:Claire?
克莱尔
Claire:We want you to stay.
我们想让你留下
Wilhelmina:I'm sorry. All those face-lifts must have affected your speech.
你们说什么 你做了整形之后 说话都不清楚了
What did you say?
你说什么了
Claire:We want you to stay on as editor-in-chief of "Mode," reporting to me, of course.
我们想让你继续当《风尚》的主编 当然 要向我汇报工作
You seem surprised, yet your eyebrows haven't moved at all.
你看上去很惊讶 但你的眉毛并没有上扬啊
Wilhelmina:Well, this is unexpected.
这确实出乎我的意料
Claire:You were right.
你是对的
It was very hard to find someone who can do what you do.
很难找到人能胜任你的工作
Wilhelmina:Well, I'm sorry for the insults, Claire. You know old habits.
对不起 冒犯你了 克莱尔你知道的 老习惯了
Claire: Of course, and for what it's worth, I had a really good one for you about v.d.
当然 这是值得的我有个很好的整形所要介绍给你
Wilhelmina: You'll have to tell me sometime.
下次你得好好跟我聊聊
Claire: I look forward to it.
期待不已