经典台词先读为快:
1.Being an assistant is boot camp.Being an editor is war.
当助理不过是新兵训练营,当编辑可是真枪实仗。
2.You have your allies, you have your enemies. Often times you can't tell which is which.
你有同伴,你也有敌人。通常你分不清孰敌孰友。
3.If it means screwing over everyone else? So be it.
如果这意味着搞垮其他所有人,也在所不惜。
4.Well, then you change or you'll be eaten alive.
那你只好改变自己了否则你就会被别人击垮
影视片花:
台词欣赏
Wilhelmina:Already enjoying the perks, I see.
看得出来 你已经在享受待遇了
Betty:Hello, Wilhelmina.
你好 威廉敏娜
It's been a... A rough day.
这真是 难受的一天
Wilhelmina:I hope you're not expecting a pep talk.
我希望你不是想让我鼓励你吧
Betty:No. No. God, no.
不 不 上帝啊 不
Wilhelmina:Good.
很好
Betty:Being an editor—It's more complicated than I imagined.
当好一个编辑 比我想象中难多了
Wilhelmina:We're really gonna do this?
我们真的要谈这些吗
Wake up and smell the aromatherapy, Betty.
醒醒吧 闻闻这香料的气息 贝蒂
Being an assistant is boot camp.Being an editor is war.
当助理不过是新兵训练营 当编辑可是真枪实仗
You have your allies, you have your enemies.
你有同伴 你也有敌人
Often times you can't tell which is which.
通常你分不清孰敌孰友
Betty:It just sort of feels like I have more enemies than allies right now.
我只是感觉我的敌人比同伴还多
Wilhelmina:Mm, yes, you do.Oh, and by the way-- Malaria, really?
是的 没错 哦 对了 那个疟疾的提案 是真的吗
Like I would ever put disease-ridden poor people in the pages of this magazine.
我决不会把得了病的穷人登载在这本杂志上的
Betty:How did you know about that?
你怎么知道的
Wilhelmina:I know everything.
我什么都知道
Betty:Well... How does one survive?
怎样才能在这里生存下来
Wilhelmina:You look out for yourself.
小心照看好自己
If it means screwing over everyone else? So be it.
如果这意味着搞垮其他所有人 也在所不惜
Betty:What if you're not that kind of a person?
如果我不是那样的人呢
Wilhelmina:Well, then you change or you'll be eaten alive.
那你只好改变自己了否则你就会被别人击垮