台词欣赏
Jane: Excuse me, sir.
打扰了 先生
Ingram:Does that creeping creature want you?
那个怪物在叫你吗
Rochester:Excuse me. This is from my old nurse, Bessie.She says my cousin John Reed is dead.
失陪 这是我的老保姆贝茜来的信她说我的表兄约翰·里德去世了
Jane:He squandered his fortune and has committed suicide. The news has so shocked my aunt, it's brought on a stroke.
他将家产挥霍一空 然后自杀 这个消息让我的舅妈大受打击 导致中风
Rochester:What, the aunt who cast you out?
你是说把你赶出家门的那个舅妈吗
Jane:She's been asking for me. I parted from her badly and I can't neglect her wishes now.
她让我回去 我们分别时很不愉快 现在我不能逆她的意
Rochester:Promise me you won't stay long.
答应我你很快回来
Jane:Mr. Rochester, I've had no wages. I need funds for my journey.
罗切斯特先生 我还没拿到工资 我需要旅费
Rochester:How much do I owe you?
我欠你多少钱
Jane:Thirty pounds.
三十镑
Rochester:Here's 50. That's too much. Take your wages, Jane.
三十镑 这太多了 拿着吧 简
Jane:I cannot.
我不能
Rochester:Then I only have 10.
那我只有十镑的
Jane:Now you owe me.
现在是你欠我
Rochester:Indeed I do. Meantime, I shall safeguard it here. Do you trust me to keep it?
没错 你回来之前 我会放这儿好好保管 你信任我吗
Jane:Not a whit, sir. You are not to be trusted at all.
丝毫不信 先生 你一点也不可信