影视片花:
台词欣赏:
Jane:Has Mr. Rochester not sent for us today?
罗切斯特先今天没有叫我们过去吗?
Fairfax:Why, he's gone away. Were you not aware?
怎么,他已经走了。你不知道吗?
He left after breakfast.
你不知道吗?他吃过早饭就离开了。
He's gone to the Leas. It's Mr. Eshton's place.
他去了里斯.艾斯顿先生那里。
I believe Blanche Ingram is there. She's a great favorite of his.
布兰奇·英格拉姆小姐肯定也在,罗切斯特先生很喜欢她。
I saw her two years ago when Mr. Rochester gave a party here.
在两年前的一次聚会上我见过她,
She's a most elegant girl. They sang a duet together.
高贵典雅又气质不凡,他们还一起表演了二重唱。
They made a lovely harmony.
他们俩真是登对极了!
I was quite surprised he didn't make a proposal, but she has no fortune.
我很诧异他竟然没有向她求婚,不过她并不富有。
In every other way they'd make a splendid match.
但其他方面他们都相当般配,
Perhaps it's his intention now.
他现在可能要追求她了。
He's far more likely to have gone off to Europe.
他也很可能已经去欧洲了。
He often goes without so much as a fare-you-well, and I don't see him for a year.
主人经常不打招呼就离开,之后一年都见不着他人。
Servant:I collected the burnt linen from the master's room.
我在主人的房里捡到了烧焦的布料。
Fairfax:That's fine. Just go make up the bed.
没关系,去铺好床就行了。