剧情提示:孪生兄弟和思嘉是邻居,他们都是南方庄园主家的少爷小姐们,兄弟两都喜欢跟他们一样有活力的思嘉,而思嘉却暗恋着书生气的艾希利。
STEW: That's a good idea. You're eating barbecue with us, aren't you, Scarlett?
斯图:好主意,到时候你跟我们一起烧烤,好吗,思嘉?
SCARLETT: Well, I hadn't thought about that yet, I'll...I'll think about that tomorrow.
思嘉:我还没想过呢。我,我明天会考虑的。
STEW: And we want all your waltzes, there's first Brent, then me, then Brent, then me again, then Saul. Promise?
斯图:你要和我们跳所有的华尔兹,先是布伦特,再我,再是布伦特,再是我,然后索尔,说定了?
SCARLETTT:I'just love to.
思嘉:我很乐意。
STEW: Yahoo!
斯图:哟嗬!
SCARLETT: If only ..if only I didn't have every one of them taken already.
思嘉:如果,如果不是每曲都有别人请我的话。
BRENT: Honey, you can't do that to us.
布伦特:亲爱的,你可不能这样对我们。
STEW: How about if we tell you a secret?
斯图:那么我们告诉你一个秘密怎么样?
SCARLETT: Secret? Who by?
思嘉:秘密?谁的?
BRENT: Well, you know Miss Melanie Hamilton, from Atlanta?
布伦特:你认识媚兰·汉密尔顿小姐吗?亚特兰大那个。
STEW: Ashley Wilkes' cousin? Well she's visiting the Wilkes at Twelve Oaks.
斯图:就是希礼·威尔克斯的表妹。她要来十二橡树拜访威尔克斯家。
SCARLETT: Melanie Hamilton, that goody-goody. Who wants no secret about her.
思嘉:媚兰·汉密尔顿,那个造作的女孩,没人想知道她的秘密。
BRENT: Well, anyway we heard...
布伦特:好吧,反正我们听说...
STEW:That is, they say..
斯图:他们说……
BRENT: Ashley Wilkes is going to marry her.
布伦特:希礼威尔克斯要和她结婚。
STEW: You know the Wilkes always marry their cousins.
斯图:你知道威尔克斯家总是和表亲结婚的。
BRENT: Now do we get those waltzes?
布伦特:怎样,跟我们跳所有的华尔兹吧?
SCARLETT: Of course.
思嘉:当然。
BRENT: Yahoo!
布伦特:哟嗬!
SCARLETT: It can't be true...Ashley loves me.
思嘉:不可能的,希礼爱的人是我。
STEW: Scarlett!
斯图:思嘉!
(Scarlett couldn't accept the fact of Ashley's marriage, she rushes to find her father. Mr.O'Hara is just back from a ride.)
(思嘉不能接受希礼结婚的事实,她跑去找父亲。奥哈拉先生刚刚骑马回来。)