154.我为什么喜欢星期一
I love that Monday morning feeling! Most people don't!
我喜欢星期一上午的感觉!大多数人都不喜欢。
They want to be like a migratory bird and fly away!
因为他们想像候鸟那样飞走!
But I'm more than happy to start each week fresh,
可是每当开始新的一周我都非常高兴,
and more often than not, I think I make other people like it better too!
认为我往往会使其他人也更加喜欢星期一上午的感觉!
One day I was particularly happy!
有一天我特别髙兴!
I mixed in with the crowd outside my building walking to work and just smiled at everyone.
我与楼外去上班的人群混在一起,朝每个人微笑着。
Some were more or less happy to return a smile; others told me to mind my own business.
有些人或多或少有些髙兴,也朝我笑笑,有些人则叫我管自己的事。
One man mistook me for an escapee from an insane asylum.
有一个人误以为我是从精神病院逃跑出来的。
But most of all I don't worry about other people on Mondays.
可最重要的是,星期一我不用担心别人。
I take my mineral water, my lunch bag and head for work!
我拿着矿泉水、午饭包,然后去上班!
It helps that I have the greatest job in the world-I'm an astronomer!
我有世界上最伟大的工作,这让我感觉很好——因为我是个天文学家!
I get to stare into space all day long, looking for new galaxies at the edge of the Milky Way!
我得整天凝视太空,在银河系边上寻找新的星系!
Some people miss the point in doing this as well!
有些人还无法领会这项工作的含义!
They say that I'm all mixed up, that I shouldn't bother with vast empty spaces!
他们说我整个给弄糊涂了,我不应该跟虚无缥渺的太空较劲!
I just tell them that I mode myself after Stephen Hawking-
我只是告诉他们我以史蒂芬·霍金为榜样一
that I want to answer the questions no one ever asks! That shuts them up!
我想回答一些谁都不曾提过的问题!这下他们便无话可说了!
And then I have to deal with the weekends mixing with other people! I prefer the stars more and more!
然后我还得应付周末,和其他人打交道!我越来越喜欢星星了!
I guess that's why I love Mondays so much.
我想这就是我为什么喜欢星期一的原因。
I have a whole week in front of me of doing what I love to do best!
整个星期就在我面前,我可以做我最喜欢做的工作!