手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 双语阅读 > 名著小说 > 我是马拉拉 > 正文

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第11章:聪明的班级(10)

来源:可可英语 编辑:shaun   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

First they came for the communists,

起初他们追杀共产主义者,

and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a communist.

我没说话,因为我不是共产主义者。

Then they came for the socialists,

接着他们追杀社会主义者,

and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a socialist.

我没说话,因为我不是社会主义者。

Then they came for the trade unionists,

接着他们追杀工会成员,

and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a trade unionist.

我没说话,因为我不是工会成员。

Then they came for the Jews,

接着他们追杀犹太人,

and I didn’t speak out because I was not a Jew.

我没说话,因为我不是犹太人。

Then they came for the Catholics,

接着他们追杀天主教徒,

and I didn’t speak out because I was not a Catholic.

我没说话,因为我不是天主教徒。

Then they came for me,

最后他们来追杀我,

and there was no one left to speak for me.

已经没有人可以替我说话了。

I knew he was right.

我知道他说得对。

If people were silent nothing would change.

如果所有人都保持沉默,那么不会有任何改变。

At school my father organised a peace march and encouraged us to speak out against what was happening.

在学校,父亲组织了一场和平演说,鼓励我们针对现状发表自己的看法。

Moniba put it well. ‘We Pashtuns are a religion-loving people,’ she said.

莫妮巴说得很好:我们普什图人极具宗教热忱。

‘Because of the Taliban, the whole world is claiming we are terrorists.

但是因为塔利班,全世界都将我们当作恐怖分子。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。