‘Go! Ride that Beast!’ shouted Thrashbarg. His distant voice reverberated faintly in their ears. ‘Ride that Perfectly Normal Beast! Ride it, ride it!’
“去吧!骑啊!”刷希巴的声音从远处传来,在他们的耳朵里微弱的回荡,“骑上绝对正常兽!去吧!去吧!”
Ford shouted in Arthur’s ear, ‘Where did he say we were going?’
福特在阿瑟耳朵边喊道:“他说我们是去哪儿?”
‘He said something about a King,’ shouted Arthur in return, holding on desperately.
“他说什么王来着?”阿瑟一面拼命抓紧,一面喊回去。
‘What King?’
“什么王?”
‘That’s what I said. He just said the King.’
“我也是这儿问的,他就说是王。”
‘I didn’t know there was a the King,’ shouted Ford.
“我从没听说过什么王!”福特喊道。
‘Nor did I,’ shouted Arthur back.
“我也没!”阿瑟喊回去。
‘Except of course for the King,’ shouted Ford. ‘And I don’t suppose he meant him.’
“当然除了那个王。”福特喊道,“当然我不认为他指的是他!”
‘What King?’ shouted Arthur.
“什么王?”阿瑟喊。
The point of exit was almost upon them. Just ahead of them, Perfectly Normal Beasts were galloping into nothingness and vanishing.
出口几乎已经到了。在他们前方不远处,绝对正常兽正冲进空气,消失得无影无踪。
‘What do you mean, what King?’ shouted Ford. ‘I don’t know what King. I’m only saying that he couldn’t possibly mean the King, so I don’t know what he means.’
“你什么意思,什么王?”福特喊道,“我不知道什么王,我只是说他不可能指的是那个王,所以我不知道他是什么意思。”
‘Ford, I don’t know what you’re talking about.’
“福特,我不知道你在说什么。”
‘So?’ said Ford. Then with a sudden rush, the stars came on, turned and twisted around their heads, and then, just as suddenly, turned off again.
“所以?”福特说。然后他们突然一个猛冲,星星出现了,在他们脑袋周围翻转,扭曲,接着,就像刚才一样突然,它们又消失了。