情景对话:
A: Mum, where's my pencil-box?
妈,我的文具盒在哪儿呢?
B: It's on your bookshelf. I told you to get your things ready last night!
在你的书架上,我昨天不是告诉你让你把东西都收拾好吗?
A: I know. But I can't find my eraser.
知道了,我又找不着橡皮了。
B: Forget about it. Shake a leg. or you're going to be late.
别管他了,你快点儿吧!要不你上学就要迟到了。
第一, 词海拾贝
shake a leg
exp. To go faster; to hurry. (赶快行动)
e.g. Hey, kids, shake a leg! You're going to be late for school!
嘿,孩子们,快点!你上学要迟到了!
e.g. I want to get there before sundown, so let's shake a leg.
我想在日落前到达那里,所以我们赶快吧。
e.g. She told me to shake a leg, so I hurried the best I could.
她叫我赶快,所以我尽我最大的努力赶路。
e.g. Let's shake a leg there, you guys! I got to get this truck unloaded and on the way back to the warehouse before dark.
喂!你们这帮人快点儿吧!我得把这车货卸完,在天黑前赶回仓库去呢。
第二, 语汇积累
1. get ready:准备
e.g. You've caught me on the hop and I'm afraid give me five minutes to get ready.
你弄得我措手不及,给我五分钟准备一下吧。
e.g. Please take out your notebooks and get ready to make notes.
请同学们拿出笔记本准备做笔记。
e.g. Why aren't you out at my house helping Melly get ready for the surprise party?
你怎么没在我家里帮媚兰准备那个秘密的宴会呢?(飘)
2. forget about:忘却,忘记
e.g. Forget about trivial disagreements among comrades and don't take them to heart.
同志之间有些小矛盾, 过去就算了, 不要老是耿耿于怀。
e.g. You can forget about a holiday this year as I've lost my job.
你别再想今年去度假的事了,因为我失业了。
其它:on the bookshelf:在书架上