情景对话
A: You see, my brother is on-the-go all the time.
你看,我弟弟整天不在家。
B: Why don't you stop him?
为什么你们不阻止他呢?
A: My parents couldn't control him.
我父母管不了他。
B: You should have a try. Perhaps he will listen to you.
你应该试一试,也许他会听你的话。
一, 词海拾贝
on-the-go
exp. busy or occupied. (经常不在家,经常出去)
e.g. The expectation that you are always on-the-go prevents me from writing to you.
我认为你经常不在家,所以没有写信给你。
e.g. I was disappointed at finding her on-the-go.
我发现她经常不在家,感到很失望。
e.g. Their parents were on-the-go so the babysitter was in charge of the kids.
他们的父母很忙,经常不在家,因此保姆负责照顾孩子们。
二, 语汇积累
have a try:试一试
e.g. I may be no good, but at least let me have a try.
我也许失败,但至少得让我去试试。
e.g. It doesn't matter we have a try.
我们试试也没关系呀。
三, 口语短句
中:我管不了他。
译:I cannot control him.