I needed to make an appointment with a doctor so I called my health plan’s phone number for new patients.
我需要预约医生,所以我拨打了健康计划的电话号码。
Before I could schedule my appointment, I had to listen to several recorded messages to be routed to the right medical office.
在我安排预约之前,必须得听几段录音信息,然后把信息发送至要预约的诊所。
The recording said to stay on the line for assistance.
这段录音说,请不要挂机。
Clerk: Hello, Western Medical Group.
客服:您好,这里是Western Medical Group。
Damien: Hello, I’d like to make an appointment with Dr. Gupta.
达米安:你好,我想和古普塔医生约个时间见面。
Clerk: Are you a new patient or a returning patient?
客服:请问,您是新病人还是复诊病人?
Damien: I’m a new patient.
达米安:我是第一次预约。
Clerk: Who referred you to Dr. Gupta?
客服:请问谁向您推荐的古普塔医生?
Damien: No one. One of the health benefits of my plan is that I can self-refer to some specialists.
达米安:没人推荐。我的健康计划的好处之一是我可以自我推荐一些专家。
Clerk: What is the name of your plan and your medical record number?
客服:你的健康计划和病历号码是什么?
Damien: It’s Waiser and my medical record number is 23456789.
达米安:威瑟健康计划,我的病历号码是23456789。
Clerk: It looks like Dr. Gupta is booked up for the next three weeks. She has an opening on March 2nd, at 4:30 p.m.
客服:古普塔医生接下来三周的时间似乎都排满了。她3月2日下午4:30有时间。
Damien: I was hoping to get an early morning appointment.
达米安:我本来想约个早上时间的。
Clerk: The next morning appointment won’t be until March 18th, at 11:00. You’ll need to check in at 10:45 to fill out paperwork. Should I put you down for that?
客服:次日早上的预约要到3月18日11点才会开始。你需要在10点45分办理入住手续。你要先登记一下吗?
Damien: Is it possible to get an even earlier appointment?
达米安:有没有可能预约到更早的就诊时间?
Clerk: Dr. Gupta doesn’t begin seeing patients until 10:30.
客服:古普塔医生要到10:30才开始看诊。
Damien: 10:30? Isn’t that pretty late?
达米安:10:30吗?这时间是不是太晚了?
Clerk: Dr. Gupta likes to play golf in the mornings.
客服:古普塔医生早上会先打会儿高尔夫。
Damien: Why do you think I want an early morning appointment? Doesn’t she know that some of her patients prefer late-morning golf?
达米安:你觉得我为什么要预约早上的时间?难道她不知道一些病人也喜欢在上午晚些时候打高尔夫球吗?
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载