I have just returned from a visit to my landlord,Mr Heathcliff.
我刚刚拜访我的房东希斯克利夫先生回来。
I am delighted with the house I am renting from him.
我喜欢从他那儿租来的那座房子。
Thrushcross Grange is miles away from any town or village.That suits me perfectly.
画眉山庄无论离哪个村镇都有数英里之遥,正合我的心意。
And the scenery here in Yorkshire is so beautiful!
约克郡这儿的风景太美了!
Mr Heathcliff,in fact,is my only neighbour,and I think his character is similar to mine.
希斯克利夫先生实际上是我唯一的邻居,并且我觉得他的性情与我相仿。
He does not like people either.
他也不喜欢人群。
‘My name is Lockwood,’I said,when I met him at the gate to his house.‘I'm renting Thrushcross Grange from you.
在通向他房子的院门前我见到了他。“我姓洛克伍德,”我说道,“我租用着您的画眉山庄。
I just wanted to come and introduce myself."
我是来同您打个招呼的。”
He said nothing,but frowned,and did not encourage me to enter.
他没说话,却皱了一下眉头,不太愿意让我进去。
After a while,however,he decided to invite me in.
但呆了一会儿又决定请我进屋。