Are you part of the program they plan for parents’ weekend?
你们是不是要参加他们为家长周末聚会计划的节目?
Yeah, the thing is we are a tap dancing group, and we need to practice on hard floors, preferably wood.
是的。问题是我们是一个踢踏舞小组,我们需要在硬地面上练习,最好是木地板。
We can practice on carpet at first, but it’s important for us to be able to hear our feet hit the floor.
我们开始时可以在地毯上练习,但对我们来说能听到我们的脚碰到地面的声音很重要。
Interesting, uh, because of the rhythm, huh?
有意思,是因为节奏对吧?
Yeah, because the tapping becomes part of the music.
是的,因为我们踢踏发出的声音成为了音乐的一部分。
So the floors are very important.
因此地板很重要啊。
Exactly, and just about everywhere on campus has carpeting.
正是如此,可是学校里几乎每个地方都铺了地毯。
Well, there’s always the stage at the student theater.
你们还可以用学生剧院的舞台嘛。
Though it’s a long shot, we can look at the schedule. There might be some odd hours free.
虽然希望不大,但我们可以看看日程表。也许有一些剩余的空置时间。
What about in town? Do you think the university could help us rent a rehearsal space in a commercial dance studio in town, given the situation?
在市里呢?你觉得考虑到目前的状况,学校能不能帮我们在市里的一个商业舞蹈室租一个排练场地呢?
That’s not really my call. I can reserve rehearsal and performance spaces on campus for you, but off campus...
这个我说了不算。我能帮你在学校里预留排练和演出场地,但是在校外......
So who would I talk to? The Dance Department?
那我应该找谁谈?舞蹈系吗?
Look, let’s check the theater schedule first.
这样吧,我们先查看一下剧院的日程表再说吧。