Listen to a conversation between a student and a university activities coordinator.
请听一个学生和一位大学活动协调员之间的对话。
I understand your problem, but the upper level of the Student Center isn’t available for the time being.
我理解你的难处,但是学生中心楼上那一层现在不能用。
But my dance group has a performance coming up.
但是我的舞蹈小组要演出了呀。
I’ve been talking with people all day long who are in the exact same situation.
我一整天都在和处于完全相同状况的人谈话。
There are at least a dozen dance and drama groups on campus, and they are all scrambling for rehearsal space right now.
学校里至少有十几个舞蹈和戏剧小组,他们现在都在抢排练的地方。
But I made this reservation last June, before leaving for the summer.
但是我去年6月份预定的啊,在放暑假之前。
No one said anything about construction.
那时候没人提到过施工的事啊。
That’s because no one knew that the remodeling was gonna run over into the beginning of the school year.
那是因为当时没人知道改造会一直持续到学年开始。
The builders are just way behind schedule. For a while, we weren’t even sure that the dining hall on the lower level would be ready for the start of the semester.
建筑商的进度太慢了,我们曾一度不确定低一层的餐厅能不能在这学期开始前弄好呢。
So, it could’ve been a lot worse.
所以本来可能会糟糕得多的。
So when will...?
那什么时候会......?
The whole upper level will be ready in six weeks. The rehearsal rooms, the game room, the computer center.
整个第二层会在6个周以后弄好,排练室、游戏室、电脑中心都会弄好。
Six weeks! That’s not gonna help me. Our performance is in five weeks.
六个星期!这对我一点帮助都没有。我们的演出是在五个星期之后。