手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 托福 > 托福听力 > 托福听力真题听写 > 正文

托福TPO-40 Conversation 2

编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Listen to a conversation between a student and a university librarian.
  • 请听一个学生和一个大学图书馆管理员之间的对话。
  • Mr. Reese. I am Jennifer Lee, I worked on the photography exhibition last year,
  • Reese先生,我是Jennifer Lee,我去年在摄影展上工作过,
  • the one that was commemorating the university's 100th anniversary.
  • 就是那个纪念学校成立100周年的摄影展。
  • I helped select and display photos for the exhibit, I helped set it all up, remember?
  • 我帮忙挑选和陈列了展览用的照片,我帮忙设置的整个影展,还记得吗?
  • Oh, sure! You're the photography student that Professor Ryan sent to us. How've you been?
  • 哦,当然记得啦!你是Ryan教授派给我们的那个摄影专业的学生。你还好吗?
  • Good. Thanks. And I... uh... well, I was hoping I could talk to you about a job actually.
  • 很好,谢谢。我……事实上我希望能跟你聊一聊一份工作的事情。
  • Oh, the job here in our library archive? Ha, that was fast! We just posted it yesterday.
  • 哦,我们图书馆档案室的那份工作?哈,你也太快了!我们昨天才发布的消息呢。
  • Oh, no. Actually, it's for a photography job in the portrait studio at the mall.
  • 啊,不是。实际上是商场里艺术摄影馆的一个摄影师工作。
  • Taking portrait photos? Sounds like a great job for a photography student. But how can I help?
  • 拍摄艺术照?听起来对摄影专业的学生来说是一个很棒的工作。可是我能怎么帮到你呢?
  • Well, I went for an interview, but I still need to give them professional references from people I've worked for.
  • 我去面试过了,但我还需要给他们提供我之前效劳过的人写的专业推荐信。
  • And well, I don't have a lot of work experience. But you know, you've... you've seen how...
  • 但是我没有多少工作经验。可是,你看到过我是怎么
  • how I helped plan and carry a project through and showed up on time and everything.
  • 帮忙筹备,怎么完成一个项目,并且准时出勤等等之类的。
  • So, I was kind of hoping... you know, I could give them your name as someone they could talk to.
  • 所以,我有点希望……你知道的,能把你的名字告诉他们,作为他们能谈话的对象。
  • Of course, we all thought you did a great job.
  • 当然可以啦,我们都觉得你工作得非常棒。
  • I remember saying that to Professor Ryan and he thought so too.
  • 我还记得跟Ryan教授说过,而且他也是这么认为的。
  • I suppose you've already asked him for a recommendation?
  • 我猜你已经找他推荐过了?
  • I have. He's actually the one who convinced me to apply for it.
  • 是的。实际上是他说服我申请这份工作的。
  • I wasn't sure I should, I mean, having real photography experience would be great for my resume,
  • 我当时不太确定应不应该申请,我是说,能有真正的摄影工作经验会给我的简历增色不少,
  • but... well... I am little concerned about the hours.
  • 但是……我有点担心工作时间。
  • It's ten hours a week, which is fine, but they're all during the daytime.
  • 一星期要工作十个小时,这本来也没什么,但这些时间都是在白天。
  • I'd have to schedule several classes for the late afternoon and evening.
  • 我必须把好几门课排到下午晚点时候和晚上。
  • I am not sure I will be able to do that.
  • 我不确定我能做到。
  • Yeah, I see how what could be a problem. Well, maybe you should consider the job I mentioned.
  • 是的,我知道这会有多麻烦。也许你应该考虑一下我提到的那份工作。
  • We just got a grant to hire a part-time library assistant for our photography archives.
  • 我们刚批下来一笔款子,可以雇一个兼职的图书馆助理整理我们的摄影档案。
  • It doesn't involve taking pictures, but it does involve working with pictures,
  • 虽然不涉及拍照片,但确实能和照片一起工作,
  • filling requests for specific photos from students and professors.
  • 满足学生和教授的具体照片要求。
  • And it's in the evenings from 6 to 9, three days a week.
  • 而且工作时间都在晚上,从6点到9点,一星期三天。
  • Hmm, well, the hours are definitely better, but I really do want to find out about that job at the studio first.
  • 工作时间当然更好一些,但是我真的想先试试看摄影馆的那份工作。
  • I am sure you will understand.
  • 我相信你会理解的。
  • Of course. But if it doesn't work out, keep us in mind.
  • 当然啦。但是如果没成功,记得来找我们。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and a university librarian.

请听一个学生和一个大学图书馆管理员之间的对话。

Student: Mr. Reese. I am Jennifer Lee, I worked on the photography exhibition last year, the one that was commemorating the university's 100th anniversary.

学生:Reese先生,我是Jennifer Lee,我去年在摄影展上工作过,就是那个纪念学校成立100周年的摄影展。

I helped select and display photos for the exhibit, I helped set it all up, remember?

我帮忙挑选和陈列了展览用的照片,我帮忙设置的整个影展,还记得吗?

Librarian: Oh, sure! You're the photography student that Professor Ryan sent to us. How've you been?

管理员:哦,当然记得啦!你是Ryan教授派给我们的那个摄影专业的学生。你还好吗?

Student: Good. Thanks. And I... uh... well, I was hoping I could talk to you about a job actually.

学生:很好,谢谢。我……事实上我希望能跟你聊一聊一份工作的事情。

摄影.jpg

Librarian: Oh, the job here in our library archive? Ha, that was fast! We just posted it yesterday.

管理员:哦,我们图书馆档案室的那份工作?哈,你也太快了!我们昨天才发布的消息呢。

Student: Oh, no. Actually, it's for a photography job in the portrait studio at the mall.

学生:啊,不是。实际上是商场里艺术摄影馆的一个摄影师工作。

Librarian: Taking portrait photos? Sounds like a great job for a photography student. But how can I help?

管理员:拍摄艺术照?听起来对摄影专业的学生来说是一个很棒的工作。可是我能怎么帮到你呢?

Student: Well, I went for an interview, but I still need to give them professional references from people I've worked for.

学生:我去面试过了,但我还需要给他们提供我之前效劳过的人写的专业推荐信。

And well, I don't have a lot of work experience.

但是我没有多少工作经验。

But you know, you've... you've seen how... how I helped plan and carry a project through and showed up on time and everything.

可是,你看到过我是怎么帮忙筹备,怎么完成一个项目,并且准时出勤等等之类的。

So, I was kind of hoping... you know, I could give them your name as someone they could talk to.

所以,我有点希望……你知道的,能把你的名字告诉他们,作为他们能谈话的对象。

Librarian: Of course, we all thought you did a great job.

管理员:当然可以啦,我们都觉得你工作得非常棒。

I remember saying that to Professor Ryan and he thought so too.

我还记得跟Ryan教授说过,而且他也是这么认为的。

I suppose you've already asked him for a recommendation?

我猜你已经找他推荐过了?

Student:I have. He's actually the one who convinced me to apply for it.

学生:是的。实际上是他说服我申请这份工作的。

I wasn't sure I should, I mean, having real photography experience would be great for my resume, but... well... I am little concerned about the hours.

我当时不太确定应不应该申请,我是说,能有真正的摄影工作经验会给我的简历增色不少,但是……我有点担心工作时间。

It's ten hours a week, which is fine, but they're all during the daytime.

一星期要工作十个小时,这本来也没什么,但这些时间都是在白天。

I'd have to schedule several classes for the late afternoon and evening.

我必须把好几门课排到下午晚点时候和晚上。

I am not sure I will be able to do that.

我不确定我能做到。

Librarian: Yeah, I see how what could be a problem.

管理员:是的,我知道这会有多麻烦。

Well, maybe you should consider the job I mentioned.

也许你应该考虑一下我提到的那份工作。

We just got a grant to hire a part-time library assistant for our photography archives.

我们刚批下来一笔款子,可以雇一个兼职的图书馆助理整理我们的摄影档案。

It doesn't involve taking pictures, but it does involve working with pictures, filling requests for specific photos from students and professors.

虽然不涉及拍照片,但确实能和照片一起工作,满足学生和教授的具体照片要求。

And it's in the evenings from 6 to 9, three days a week.

而且工作时间都在晚上,从6点到9点,一星期三天。

Student: Hmm, well, the hours are definitely better, but I really do want to find out about that job at the studio first.

学生:工作时间当然更好一些,但是我真的想先试试看摄影馆的那份工作。

I am sure you will understand.

我相信你会理解的。

Librarian: Of course. But if it doesn't work out, keep us in mind.

管理员:当然啦。但是如果没成功,记得来找我们。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
grant [grɑ:nt]

想一想再看

n. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予
n. 财产

 
exhibition [.eksi'biʃən]

想一想再看

n. 展示,展览

联想记忆
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接见,会见,面试,面谈
vt. 接见,采

 
display [di'splei]

想一想再看

n. 显示,陈列,炫耀
vt. 显示,表现,夸

 
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
recommendation [.rekəmen'deiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 推荐,介绍

 
portrait ['pɔ:trit]

想一想再看

n. 肖像,画像
adj. (文件页面)

联想记忆
resume [ri'zju:m]

想一想再看

v. 再继续,重新开始
n. 简历,履历; 摘

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
exhibit [ig'zibit]

想一想再看

v. 陈列,展览,展示
n. 展品,展览

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 托福TPO-34 Lecture 4(下) 2016-07-14
  • 托福TPO-40 Conversation 1 2016-07-20
  • 托福TPO-40 Lecture 1(上) 2016-07-22
  • 托福TPO-40 Lecture 1(下) 2016-07-25
  • 托福TPO-40 Lecture 2(上) 2016-07-27
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。