Ⅰ.核心学习:Sign a contract 劳务合同
Steve: What's new Mike?
史蒂夫:有什么新鲜事么?麦克。
Mike : Nothing really. Work is really getting me down though.
麦克:没什么。但我的工作任务一直把我压得喘不过气来。
Steve: Cheer up buddy. It couldn't be that bad.
史蒂夫:振作起来,兄弟。事情不会那么糟。
Mike : It is. I have my annual performance review coming up this week.
麦克:确是这样。我这周得完成一份公司年度业绩表现的报告。
Steve: Well, that doesn't sound like a disaster. Have you been putting in lately?
史蒂夫:听起来不象是大难临头嘛。那你最近已经开始写了吗?
Mike : You'd better believe it. I have been working from 7AM to 7PM every day.
麦克:你信么?我每天要从早上7点一直工作到晚上7点。
Steve: I am sure that the management will notice then.
史蒂夫:我相信公司的管理层一定注意到的。
Mike : Maybe not. My new boss really doesn't like me at all.
麦克:也许没有。我的新老板根本就不喜欢我。
Steve: Look on the bright side - if it goes well, you will get a pay rise and then you can buy me dinner!
史蒂夫:凡事要看到好的一面。如果做的好,说不定还会给你涨工资呢,那你就可以请我吃饭了!
Mike : Thanks for being so optimistic, Steve. You're a good friend indeed.
麦克:谢谢你这么乐观。史蒂夫,你真是我的好朋友。