Ⅳ.对话篇
Guard Gordon : Hi, I am Gordon from security. I am here to make sure you are all as safe as possible.
保安戈登:嗨,我是保安部的戈登。我在这里是为了确保你们尽可能安全。
Beth : Thanks. I agree it is better to be safe than sorry.
贝思:谢谢,我也认为保证安全比事后后悔强。
Gordon: Have you checked your extinguishers and fire detectors this month?
戈登:这个月,你是不是已经检查了你们的灭火器和火灾探测器?
Beth : Yes Sir, we check them once a month.
贝思:是的,先生,我们每个月都检查一次。
Gordon: Great. Have you practiced an evacuation plan?
杰夫:我想我应该和你一起去,帮你提那些很重的必需品。
Beth : What is an evacuation plan?
贝思:什么是逃生训练?
Gordon: That is a plan for everyone to walk quickly out of the building in case of an emergency.
戈登:就是一次让每个人在紧急情况下都快速撤离大楼的训练。
Beth : I will talk to the boss about making an evacuation plan.
贝思:我会告诉我们老板关于进行逃生训练的事。
Gordon: Just remember, don't smoke inside, and always think safety first.
戈登:一定要记住,不要在室内吸烟,永远记住安全第一。
Beth : Yes, safety first.
贝思:是啊,安全第一。