Ⅳ.对话篇
Gordon: My old friend, how's business?
戈登:老朋友,生意进展得如何了?
Molly: Things couldn't be better. I had a productive interview yesterday and I am sure they are going to give me the job.
莫莉:情况可能会好一些。我昨天进行了一个面试,我肯定他们会聘我。
Gordon: You always have a positive attitude. That is great. I wish I could find a job.
戈登:你总是乐观地对待事物,这样很好。我希望我也能找到一份工作。
Molly: Hang in there. And try to keep a positive attitude. Always look on the bright side of life.
莫莉:等等看,保持积极乐观的态度。要始终找到生活中好的一面。
Gordon: I don't have a job, but I do have a lot of free time to find new girl friends.
戈登:我现在没有工作,可是我有很多空闲时间找到一些女朋友。
Molly: Or you can use your free time more productively by studying.
莫莉:或者你也可以更积极地利用你现有的空闲时间,做点有意义的事,学习进修。
Gordon: I guess getting a job is good motivation.
戈登:我猜找一份工作是个激动人心的动力。
Molly: Plus, girls like guys who have jobs a little better. You need money to buy flowers, right?
莫莉:而且,女孩子更喜欢男孩子有工作。你需要钱来买花,是吧?
Gordon: I see your point. I guess it does pay to have a positive attitude.
戈登:我明白了。我猜要想保持乐观的态度还得花代价。
Molly: That's right, if you keep smiling and working hard, you will achieve all your goals.
莫莉:对了,如果你努力工作而且笑容满面的话,你就会实现你所有的目标。
Gordon: Even my secret goal of getting you to become my wife?
戈登:即使是我那秘密的目标--娶你为妻?
Molly: No way. I guess there are some things that can't be changed by positive attitudes, but most other things can!
莫莉:做梦去吧,你。我想有些事情光靠积极乐观的态度是无法改变的,但是大多数的事情可以。