肯:看看这份还欠我们钱的客户名单。
How is this business supposed to survive if we keep extending credit?
如果继续延长还钱日期的话那我们该如何是好呢?
Marjorie:We started doing it because some of our best customers didn't have ready cash.
马莉莉:我们这样做是因为我们一些最好的客户还没有准备好现金。
They're good for it.
他们会还清债务的。
Ken:I know they'll eventually pay their outstanding debt, but what are we supposed to do in the meantime?
肯:我知道他们最终会偿还债务,但与此同时我们该做些什么?
We need that cash to buy stock.
我们需要现金购买股票。
Marjorie:We can call in the debt and set a deadline for repayment.
马莉莉:我们可以给他们打电话,设定一个最后期限。
We can give those who are really hard up an extension on a case-by-case basis.
我们可以为那些偿还困难的人在个案基础上提供拓展。
Ken:What if they still don't pay?
肯:如果他们仍然不还怎么办呢?
We'd have to turn it over to a collection agency.
那我们就必须交给收款公司处理。
We'd only get 40 cents on the dollar, but we'll have to close our doors if we don't collect.
我们只收回40美分,如果不继续收款的话我们就得停业了。
Marjorie:Using a collection agency would be a last resort.
马莉莉:收款公司是最后的手段。
I'll call each of our major debtors and have a talk with them.
我会打电话给我们的每个主要的债务人。
I'm sure they'll come through.
我肯定他们会通融的。
Ken:I hope you're right or we will be the ones asking for credit!
肯:我希望你是对的,否则我们就得找人借钱了!