Ⅳ.对话篇
Molly : Pardon me, Gordon, do you have time to finish this report?
莫莉:对不起,戈登,你有时间完成这个报告吗?
Gordon: Put it on the pile, I'll get to it whenever.
戈登:堆在那儿吧,我有时间就干。
Molly : That is not good enough. I won't have any slackers in my office.
莫莉:这样做可不够好。我不希望在我的办公室里有任何偷懒的人。
Gordon: I don't get paid enough to do that. Plus, that's not on my task list.
戈登:我可没挣干这份工作的钱。另外,这也不在我的职责范围之内。
Molly : Well, put it on your task list.
莫莉:好啦,把这份工作列入你的职责范围吧。
Gordon: You're not the boss of me.
戈登:你可不是我的老板。
Molly : As a matter a fact, I am the boss of you. You should have a more positive attitude.
莫莉:事实上我就是你的老板。你应该有一个更积极的工作态度。
Gordon: Fine, it is my pleasure and duty to do the work. Let's keep up the momentum, give me more work ASAP.
戈登:好了,做这件工作是我的荣幸也是我的责任。让我们保持这种干劲儿,尽快把工作给我吧。
Molly : That is better. You were a loafer but now you are on your way to becoming a model employee.
莫莉:这样就好多了。你曾经是一个游手好闲的人,现在你已经开始向一个模范员工的方向努力了。
Gordon: (Molly leaves) Hey Lynn, get this done in one hour, or you are fired.
戈登:(莫莉离开了)嘿,林,一个小时之内完成这项工作,要不然你就会被解雇。
Lynn: Anything for you, sir. It is my pleasure and duty.
林:没问题,先生。这是我的荣幸和责任。
Gordon: I will be asleep in the back, so wake me when you are done.
戈登:我要睡一会儿,等你把活干完了再叫醒我。