手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 综合听力 > 地道美语播客(常速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:通过当铺筹集资金

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • I need to raise some cash right away.
  • 我需要立刻筹些钱。
  • I'm thinking of hocking a few things.
  • 我想抵押点东西。
  • You've used the pawnshop down the street before, right?
  • 你去过街上的当铺,是吧?
  • Yeah, a few years ago when I lost my job.
  • 是啊,几年前我失业的时候去过。
  • I needed a short-term loan to tide me over until I could find a new one.
  • 我需要短期贷款来帮助我渡过难关,直到我能找到新工作。
  • Is the place legit?
  • 这个地方是合法的吗?
  • It seemed to be. I have no complaints.
  • 似乎是。我没有不满。
  • That's good. How would I go about pawning something?
  • 那太好了。我怎么去典当东西呢?
  • It's pretty simple.
  • 很简单的。
  • You bring the pawnbroker something that's worth money to use as collateral and then you get a loan for a fraction of its value.
  • 你把值钱的东西给当铺作为抵押品,然后你得到物品一小部分价值的贷款。
  • Then, you have 90 days to repay the loan, plus interest and fees.
  • 然后,你有90天偿还贷款,还要加上利息和费用。
  • How do I redeem my item?
  • 我该如何赎回自己的东西呢?
  • You just show them your pawn ticket.
  • 你给他们当票就行。
  • That sounds pretty simple.
  • 听起来相当简单。
  • What if I can't repay the money by the deadline?
  • 如果期限内我没有还钱怎么办?
  • Then you forfeit your item.
  • 那抵押的东西就不是你的了。
  • The pawnshop tries to sell it to recoup the money they lent you.
  • 当铺会尝试卖掉东西以收回他们借给你的钱。
  • Okay, I'm going to do it.
  • 好吧,我现在就去典当铺。
  • I'm going to pawn my collection.
  • 我要典当我的收藏。
  • Your collection of what?
  • 你的什么收藏?
  • Action figures. I have the entire collection of ESL Podcast action figures.
  • 人形公仔。我有ESL播客公仔的全部收藏。
  • There's Jeff, Lucy, Warren, Jessica, Adriano, Pao, LeeAnn, Alison . . .
  • 杰夫,露西,沃伦,杰西卡,阿德里亚诺,帕奥,里安,艾莉森等等。
  • I said something worth money, remember?
  • 我说过是值钱的东西,还记得吗?


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲降低难度还请关注《地道美语播客(慢速版)》

Jamaica:I need to raise some cash right away.

贾玛卡:我需要立刻筹些钱。
I'm thinking of hocking a few things.
我想抵押点东西。
You've used the pawnshop down the street before, right?
你去过街上的当铺,是吧?
Nolan:Yeah, a few years ago when I lost my job.
诺兰:是啊,几年前我失业的时候去过。
I needed a short-term loan to tide me over until I could find a new one.
我需要短期贷款来帮助我渡过难关,直到我能找到新工作。
Jamaica:Is the place legit?
贾玛卡:这个地方是合法的吗?

Nolan:It seemed to be. I have no complaints.

诺兰:似乎是。我没有不满。
Jamaica:That's good. How would I go about pawning something?
贾玛卡:那太好了。我怎么去典当东西呢?
Nolan:It's pretty simple.
诺兰:很简单的。
You bring the pawnbroker something that's worth money to use as collateral and then you get a loan for a fraction of its value.
你把值钱的东西给当铺作为抵押品,然后你得到物品一小部分价值的贷款。
Then, you have 90 days to repay the loan, plus interest and fees.
然后,你有90天偿还贷款,还要加上利息和费用。
Jamaica:How do I redeem my item?
贾玛卡:我该如何赎回自己的东西呢?
Nolan:You just show them your pawn ticket.
诺兰:你给他们当票就行。
Jamaica:That sounds pretty simple.
贾玛卡:听起来相当简单。
What if I can't repay the money by the deadline?
如果期限内我没有还钱怎么办?
Nolan:Then you forfeit your item.
诺兰:那抵押的东西就不是你的了。
The pawnshop tries to sell it to recoup the money they lent you.
当铺会尝试卖掉东西以收回他们借给你的钱。
Jamaica:Okay, I'm going to do it.
贾玛卡:好吧,我现在就去典当铺。
I'm going to pawn my collection.
我要典当我的收藏。
Nolan:Your collection of what?
诺兰:你的什么收藏?
Jamaica:Action figures. I have the entire collection of ESL Podcast action figures.
贾玛卡:人形公仔。我有ESL播客公仔的全部收藏。
There's Jeff, Lucy, Warren, Jessica, Adriano, Pao, LeeAnn, Alison . . .
杰夫,露西,沃伦,杰西卡,阿德里亚诺,帕奥,里安,艾莉森等等。
Nolan:I said something worth money, remember?
诺兰:我说过是值钱的东西,还记得吗?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
fraction ['frækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 分数,小部分,破片

联想记忆
forfeit ['fɔ:fit]

想一想再看

n. 没收物,罚金,丧失
vt. 没收,丧失<

联想记忆
collateral [kə'lætərəl]

想一想再看

adj. 并行的,附随的,旁系的
n. 支亲,

联想记忆
collection [kə'lekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 收集,收取,聚集,收藏品,募捐

联想记忆
pawnbroker ['pɔ:n.brəukə]

想一想再看

n. 典当商,当铺老板

联想记忆
loan [ləun]

想一想再看

n. 贷款,借出,债权人
v. 借,供应货款,

 
redeem [ri'di:m]

想一想再看

vt. 赎回,挽回,履行

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。