Todd: What do you think about plastic surgery — you know, like, especially lip implants, breast implants?
托德:你怎么看整容手术?尤其是丰唇和隆胸这样的整容手术?
Wendi: Yeah, absolutely. I would be like, maybe like four years ago, I was like, "No" if you do that kind of thing you are so vain. That's so not cool. And now, I'm like, "Yes, sign me up!" like "Any spring specials?"
温迪:完全赞同。如果是四年前,我可能会不赞同,当时我认为做那种事情完全是徒劳,并不酷。可是现在我会说:“算上我!”我会问有没有春季特价。
Todd: Actually, how old are you?
托德:你今年多大了?
Wendi: 30.
温迪:30岁。
Todd: 30.
托德:30岁。
Wendi: Yeah.
温迪:对。
Todd: OK, so you're saying that maybe when women get older, they think like OK maybe they would like a nip and tuck here and there.
托德:好,你认为女性年老以后,会愿意接受拉皮整形手术吗?
Wendi: Yeah, absolutely you know, you know move some stuff from place to place. I don't have to give up any parts but you know just place it in a more appropriate location.
温迪:对,当然愿意,你知道,去掉各个地方的皱纹。我不用放弃任何部分,只是让它们复位,回到更合适的位置去。
Todd: Interesting.
托德:有点儿意思。
Wendi: Yeah. I don't think it's so bad.
温迪:对。我认为这并不坏。
Todd: Yeah.
托德:对。
Wendi: Yeah. Like you know, some minor maintenance, I think. Nothing wrong with that.
温迪:嗯,你知道,这就像日常保养一样。没什么不好的。
Todd: Maybe if you do it once but two problems. One — I think, I don't understand the breast implants. I think most men don't like them.
托德:也许你可以做一次,现在我有两个问题。第一个问题是,我不理解隆胸手术。我认为大部分男性并不喜欢。
Wendi: I think most men do like them actually.
温迪:可是我认为大部分男性确实喜欢。
Todd: No way.
托德:不可能。
Wendi: Yes.
温迪:是这样的。
Todd: I doubt it.
托德:我对此表示怀疑。
Wendi: Yes, of course they do.
温迪:他们当然喜欢。
Todd: It looks just terrible.
托德:那看上去太糟糕了。
Wendi: What kind of men do you hang out with?
温迪:你经常和哪种男性朋友一起外出?
Todd: Actually, that's a good question. I've never actually asked another man.
托德:这是个好问题。其实我没有问过其他男性这个问题。
Wendi: Oh, you don't have friends.
温迪:哦,你没有朋友。
Todd: That's — you hit on the truth there. That's so true.
托德:你说出了真相。的确是这样。
Wendi: What were we saying though?
温迪:我们在说什么?
Todd: I don't know. Well, there was two things. I don't have friends and breast implants.
托德:我也不知道。我们说到了两件事,我没有朋友,还有隆胸手术。
Wendi: I'm joking. But actually, for me, I wouldn't get breast implants because I couldn't run.
温迪:我是开玩笑的。实际上,对我来说,我不会去做隆胸手术,因为这样会对跑动造成影响。
Todd: Oh, you can't run. That's a good point, huh?
托德:哦,会妨碍你跑动。这个观点很好,对吧?
Wendi: Well, I don't know if it's just like, I can't imagine you could, well, I mean, I'm sure people do, but I mean like actually play sports and stuff. I wouldn't want to like dive onto the ground to catch like a frisbee and the chance that they would explode or anything could happen.
温迪:我不太了解,也没法想象,我知道人们会做隆胸手术,但是我指的是参加体育活动的影响。我不希望在我冲向地面去接飞盘的时候,会发生假体爆炸或其他的事情。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载