第一、精讲短语
1. as long as:只要......就......
e.g. As long as I deliver the goods, my boss is very happy.
只要我做好本职工作,我的老板就很高兴。
e.g. I'll never forget that as long as I am living.
这事我至死也不会忘记。
2. bother with sb./sth.
(1)为某人操心,为某人操劳
e.g. I saw no reason why I should bother with you any more.
我想我也不必为你再费心机了。
e.g. There is prejudice against the old by doctors and other medical personnel who don't like to bother with them.
医生和其他医务人员歧视老年人,不愿为他们操心。
(2)为某事操心,费神做某事
e.g. I had no more bother with the rash; the swims in salt water must have healed it up.
我不再受皮疹之苦了。在咸水里游泳定能使它痊愈。
e.g. You are not really going to bother with that trifle, are you?
您总不至于真的为了这件小事去劳神吧?
3. invite oneself for something:不请自来参与......
e.g. John invited himself for my birthday party. I had not sent the invitation to him.
我没有发请柬给约翰,是他自己来的。
e.g. Jane invite herself for his wedding because she is his ex-girlfriend and she could not forget him, had broken up with him.
简是他的前女友,分手后还是忘不记他,她没有接到请柬便自己前往参加了他的结婚典礼。
4. take somebody to somewhere:带某人去某处
e.g. It will put you out to take him to the station.
送他上车站将为你添麻烦。
e.g. Archie, take him to his room and put him to bed as usual.
阿尔奇,像往常一样把他送到他屋里让他去睡觉吧。
e.g. Once he fells ill, take him to the hospital .
一旦他病了就把他送到医院去。
e.g. I'd better send for an ambulance to take him to the hospital.
我最好还是叫辆救护车带他去医院。
5 .be all for something:完全赞成......,全力支持......
e.g. He was all for the racy phrase.
他特别主张用生动的短语。
e.g. The President was all for the trip in principle.
总统原则上完全赞成这次旅行。
e.g. Charles was all for advancing on London, but practically all his followers were against it.
查理完全赞成向伦敦进军,然而他的部下几乎全都反对。
e.g. I’m all for your opinion.
我完全赞成你的意见。
第二、短语注释
1. this time:这次
2. women’s right:女权
3. at home:在家
4 make the frock:缝纫连衣裙