本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》
Well,why can't you do both?
那你为什么不都做呢?
God. I don't know why I am so nervous about all of this!
天哪,我不知道为什么会那么紧张!
Well,because Archie asked you to be on TV with him.
因为阿奇请你和他一起上电视。
That's sort of a big deal.
那算是件大事了。
I know,I know, it's like he asked me to be part of his future or something.
我知道,我知道,就像他要求我成为他未来的另一半那样。
Hold on. Closet. Uh,no,Christina is not here…Right-right now.
等一下。挂衣帽间。克里斯蒂娜不在这里…现在就要,
Can I, uh, tell her you called? Okay,bye.
我能转告她吗?好,再见。
She's still not in yet?
她还没来吗?
I can keep covering for her.
是的,我不知道,我还能帮她打哈哈多久。
I mean,at some point,I have to draw the line,right?
我想说,总得有个底线的说,对吧?
Listen, thereonly so much you can do,you know?
听着,你能做的只有这些,
At some point, she's gotta make her own decisions.
在某些事上,要她自己做决定。
You're right.
你说的对。
So the camera adds 10 years,right?
话说镜头里人要老10岁哈。
10 pounds.
肥10镑。
Oh,crap,I got a lot of work to do.
天哪,我得努把力了。
Oh,can you put that up higher?
噢,劳驾那个调高点。
Okay,everyone,Hartley's coming at 11:00 a.m. sharp.
好了,各位,哈特莱将在11点整到达。
So please,let's pick up the pace.
拜托,大家加快速度。