本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》
Daniel:Could I talk to you for a second?
丹尼尔:能和你说几句话吗?
Do you still have that list of freelancers on your blackberry?
你的黑莓手机 里还有自由记者的名单吗?
The writer for the Phil Roth interview just dropped out.
访谈菲尔罗斯的作者刚刚不干了。
Betty:What? I didn't know “Mode” was doing a piece on him. I love him.
贝蒂:什么?我不知道《时尚》要做他的报道。我喜欢他。
Daniel:You do?
丹尼尔:真的?
Betty:Okay, uh, Daniel, hear me out. Do you remember when you accidentally made two dates with two different women at the same restaurant…
贝蒂:好吧,呃,丹尼尔,听我说完。你还记得你不小心同时约了两个女人 在同家餐厅吃饭吗?
Daniel:Oh, my god.
丹尼尔:哦,天哪。
Betty:And...and I had to fake the seizure so you could run out the back door witfi the prettier one?
贝蒂:我只好装作癲痫发作好让你能和那个漂亮点的从后门脱身?
What was the last thing you said to me?
你最后跟我说了什么?
Betty, I owe you.
贝蒂,我欠你一个人情。
Daniel:Come on. This is a huge article.
丹尼尔:别闹了,这篇文章是主打。
Betty:The manager shoved a chopstick in my mouth so I wouldn't swallow my togue.
贝蒂:那个经理往我嘴里硬塞了根筷子,我才没有把舌头呑下去。
Daniel:Okay. Okay. All right. A thousand words by Friday.
丹尼尔:好好,好吧。1000字周五前交。
Betty:Oh, my god. Are you serious? You're going to let me do this.
贝蒂:喊,天哪!你是说真的吗?你 这次让我做。
Daniel:I have faith in you.
丹尼尔:我对你有信心。
Betty:Oh, my god, Daniel. Thank you. Thank you! Thank you!
贝蒂:哦,天哪,丹尼尔,谢了!谢 谢!太感谢了!
Daniel:Besides, who else are we going to get on such short notice, right?
丹尼尔:而且这么短的时间我也找不到别人是吧?
Betty:I'm just going to pretend you stopped at "I have faith in you."
贝蒂:我就当你只说到那句“我对你有信心”。