本段对话选自Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》
"Look, at home, you get to be in charge,
听着,在家里,你做主。
and you decide how we discipline the boys, what car we buy, everything."
你决定怎么约束孩子们,买什么车,一切的事情。
"I consult you."
我会过问你的意见。
"Oh, sure, and if you disagree, you ignore me.
哦,当然。如果你不同意,你可以无视我的意见。
Look, when I go home, basically, I check my balls at the door, and that's fine.
听着,回到家时,我要在门口检查一下我还是不是男人,那样很好。
It works. But for this to work, when you walk through that door, you gotta check yours."
起了作用,但如果你想要这个起作用,当你进这扇门时,你也要检查一下你自己。
Okay."
好的。
"Really?"
真的?
"Really. This place is your dream, so...consider them checked."
真的。这个地方是你的梦想,那么,就当被检查过了。
"Thanks. Now I need you to do just one more thing."
谢谢。现在我要你再做一件事。
"Whatever you say...boss."
听你的,老板。
"I don't care if you think you know what's best!
我不在乎你认为什么才是最好!
You don't! I do, because I'm the boss, and what I say goes."
你的意见不算数!我说了算,因为我是老板,我说了算。
"Yeah, that's it. Give it to me."
对,就这样,对我吼吧。
"So when I make a decision, it stays made! You got that, Lynette?"
如果我做了决定,就一定不能更改,知道了吗?
"Yes, sir." "Okay, that's enough."
是的,先生,可以了。
"No, just one more."
还没有,还有一点就好。
"And if I want your opinion, I'll ask for it!
如果我要征求你的意见,我会问你的!
But I probably won't, because I'm the boss! Are we clear?"
不过也许我不会,因为我是老板,明白吗?