本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》
No! Oh. who are you bringing?
不是 那你带谁去吗?
I don't know. Amanda, what's with all the questions?
我不知道 阿曼达 干嘛问这些?
Nothing. I just wanted to ask because...
没什么 我只是问问 因为…
I know some great guys I could set you up with.
我认识一些牛人可以安排你认识。
Oh. Thanks.
谢谢。
But, um... I think I'm gonna ask a friend.
可是 我还是打算叫个朋友。
Maybe we should just hear him out.
也许我们该听他说完。
Mom, the "Wit and Whimsy" column has been in "Mode" for 60 years.
妈 《智慧和奇想在》专栏已经在风尚60年了。
I'm not gonna cut it off just for make room for ads.
我不会就这么把它砍掉。
I'm sorry. I have to draw the line.
抱歉 我必须保留。
Well, maybe you can draw that line somewhere else.
也许你可以在别的地方保留。
I'm putting a lot of money in the company.
我可在这公司投了很多钱。
Of course I do.
我知道。
You rarely waste an opportunity to remind us of that fact.
你没少提醒这事。
All I'm saying is,
我想说的是。
it would be nice to see a little return on my investment.
最好是能看到我的投资哪怕有一点点回报。
You can understand that, can't you, son?
你能理解的 对吗 小伙。
Don't call me "son."
别叫我小伙。
Right.
好。
You've both made your opinions very clear.
你们的观点都很明确了。
Maybe we should all just think this over for a bit.
也许我们都该好好考虑一下。
Fine. let's do that.
好 就这么办。